The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I've run out of white fish so Ive cooked and skinned 2 fish fingers to make lo his fish pie for tea, feel really bad like I'm feeding him McDonald's!

Bad daddy moment!

I put on the baby carrier and asked OH to lift LO into it.. he lifted him up.. and banged his head on the door frame! It wasn't hard but he cried for a minute. I was so scared!

My confession is that I hate mornings! I hate feeding my dd brekfast she always makes such a mess and then makes more cleaining for me to do and by the time iv'e fed her changed her etc i'm ready to go back to bed! :haha:

My son will be 8 weeks on Monday...

I've already let him taste vanilla and chocolate ice cream, cookies, vanilla frosting...and watermelon :blush:

As I was bending over my LO's crib this morning right after she fell asleep for her first nap I got a teeny whiff of poo and... I let her sleep :blush:

I debated back and forth and actually got together all the supplies to change her diaper but when I got back to the crib she looked so peaceful that I just couldn't do it. She's been super cranky and difficult to settle lately and I knew that if I woke her she wouldn't go back down and her schedule would be off the whole day.

Thankfully she's not prone to diaper rash at all, plus she's only been taking 20-30 minute naps lately so she shouldn't be in a dirty diaper long. But I know... I'm a bad mama.

Edit: Well now I'm really glad I didn't wake her to change her diaper because there wasn't any poop! :dohh:

Bad daddy moment!

I put on the baby carrier and asked OH to lift LO into it.. he lifted him up.. and banged his head on the door frame! It wasn't hard but he cried for a minute. I was so scared!

I've done the same thing :blush: LO was having a colicky spell so I thought maybe if I held her up higher the change of view would quiet her down for a bit (sounds dumb I know, but I was desperate!). Anyway, it worked right up until I tried to walk through a doorway and I bumped her head on the frame. It wasn't a hard bump at all so at first I thought maybe she didn't notice it, but 5 seconds later she started screaming bloody murder. I felt so awful! She was totally fine though.

When Logan wakes up from his naps I let him stay in his swing (where he sleeps) long enough until he fusses so I can have just an extra 10min of quiet time :dohh: He's always all smiles once you get to him so I figure it doesn't hurt any :haha:

As I was bending over my LO's crib this morning right after she fell asleep for her first nap I got a teeny whiff of poo and... I let her sleep :blush:

I debated back and forth and actually got together all the supplies to change her diaper but when I got back to the crib she looked so peaceful that I just couldn't do it. She's been super cranky and difficult to settle lately and I knew that if I woke her she wouldn't go back down and her schedule would be off the whole day.

Thankfully she's not prone to diaper rash at all, plus she's only been taking 20-30 minute naps lately so she shouldn't be in a dirty diaper long. But I know... I'm a bad mama.

Edit: Well now I'm really glad I didn't wake her to change her diaper because there wasn't any poop! :dohh:

We've done/do this. At night I will change him if it's a #2 that's smelly but I let him go until morning if I don't smell poo. He goes right back down with a quick feed if he fusses. Doesn't even wake up really but if you move him for an all out diaper change he will be up for the next 3 to 5 hrs! :shock: He's leaked through his diaper before and that always makes me feel bad but he doesn't get a rash :shrug: I'd feel worse having him be a cranky boy with a messed up schedule than just having to change his sleeper in the morning :winkwink:

We've done/do this. At night I will change him if it's a #2 that's smelly but I let him go until morning if I don't smell poo. He goes right back down with a quick feed if he fusses. Doesn't even wake up really but if you move him for an all out diaper change he will be up for the next 3 to 5 hrs! :shock: He's leaked through his diaper before and that always makes me feel bad but he doesn't get a rash :shrug: I'd feel worse having him be a cranky boy with a messed up schedule than just having to change his sleeper in the morning :winkwink:

Oh my gosh, so thankful I'm not the only one who does this. My lo is sooo hard to get back to sleep at night after a diaper change and he poops pretty much every time he eats. Luckily he's ebf so his poo is not very acidic and rarely causes diaper rash, esepcially now that we started using stay dry liners in his cloth diapers. Sometimes, if I haven't heard any poo noises (you can't smell his poo, it's not stinky yet) I just put him back to bed even though there's a good chance there's poo in there. And a couple times, after spending three hours trying to get him to sleep, he literally poops as I'm laying him down. So I just let it be, knowing he'd be up in an hour and half anyway. :blush:

I just had the biggest scare thus far in my life! Put DD in her car seat with a stretchy hat because it was cold out. I heard her let out a shriek but she isn't a fan of the car so I thought she was just wanting out. Arrive at our destination a few minutes later, grab the car seat out of the base...and see her with the hat pulled down all the way down her head and down her neck...nose and mouth totally covered! I freaked! She was laying lifeless too. I ripped off the hat and pushed her face a few times...turns out she was asleep but I was terrified! After the fact my husband told me it was a breathable hat but I couldn't imagine the consequences if it wasn't. I shook for 10 minutes after.

No more hats in the car.:nope:

Just had similar scare but with cuddly toy nearly falling into Moses basket cm's of her face feel incredibly guilty and bad!

When LO wakes up in the morning he's often content to just hang out for up to half an hour, so since OH gets up early for work I let him give LO his paci while I laze around until he really fusses :).

When LO wakes up in the morning he's often content to just hang out for up to half an hour, so since OH gets up early for work I let him give LO his paci while I laze around until he really fusses :).

We do this :haha:

Ok my confession. I have twins and so I have no time at all for myself. One day I had to really use the bathroom but they were screaming non stop!! I took them with me into the bathroom in their swings!! I told DH and he said omg!! Then he said he has done that as well. Lol I know gross as it was a number 2 but hey they were happy to be with me and the screaming stopped.

i've done this many times. I had some problems with severe constipation the first couple of months after birth (its just now getting to where it doesn't hurt when I go!) and when I went to the bathroom I could be in there for a good hour in pain trying to go....so I didn't really have a choice but to take lo with me. No way I could leave him by himself for that long!

One time when my OH was home I was stuck in the bathroom for a while and lo got really hungry and started crying hysterically. I'm breastfeeding so I actually fed him sitting on the toilet...it was weird but I didn't really have a choice

so glad i'm not dealing with constipation anymore

When LO wakes up in the morning he's often content to just hang out for up to half an hour, so since OH gets up early for work I let him give LO his paci while I laze around until he really fusses .:

I've put a few soft toys in my LO's cot so when he wakes up in the morning he sits himself up and plays for 10 - 15 min..bad mommy but I like the extra time to slowly wake up (he usually talks to the toys so I wake up but use the time to wake up properly)

Put lo down for a nap and went to check on him an hour later only to find him under his sheet and his waterproof sheet (no idea how he did it) so I found him sweaty and sleepy and a bit floppy :(
Actually thought he was going to die :(

That's scary blondebabe! Are you using the right fitting sheets for your mattress? You might want to look into those clips that go under the mattress and hold the sheets in place.

I don't know how bad this is, but every time I take a pic of him doing something silly (like smooshing peas in his hair), I think about how his future friends/girlfriends will giggle when I show them his pictures. hehehe.

Ds starting peeing during his bath last night so I just pointed his penis down in to the bath so he peed into the water and then I finished bathing him! I was almost done anyway and figured it would be so diluted it wouldn't matter and I just used extra soap. :blush: I just didn't want to have to get him out, put him down somewhere, change the bath water, and then re-bathe him.

Ds starting peeing during his bath last night so I just pointed his penis down in to the bath so he peed into the water and then I finished bathing him! I was almost done anyway and figured it would be so diluted it wouldn't matter and I just used extra soap. :blush: I just didn't want to have to get him out, put him down somewhere, change the bath water, and then re-bathe him.

Don't worry- if he was a girl you wouldn't have even known! Goodness knows how many times Robyn's weed in the bath, during nappy off time she wees every 15 mins or so, so it's almost definate she's done it at some point! Her wee's almost clear and her bath is turquoisey blue so I really can't tell.

ETA- I think it's only being a bad mother if they poo in the bath and you carry on!

This happens sometimes and I do the same thing :blush: Not like there's a lot compared to his big tub of bathwater (I bathe him in our big master tub so he can splash) and I put bath soap in the water :shrug: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->