The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Kelly, Julian does that every bath time :haha: And always at the beginning, like as soon as I've put him in. I just carry on! He's sick in it every now and then too, but I get him out after that because it doesn't mix in as well as pee :rofl:

i tripped my 2yo with up babys pram today..twice lol. im still getting used to it.

and i accidentally scratched my newborn on the chin :'(

x

Ok I've had a few bad mummy moments in the past 11 months, but this is just disgusting...

I was changing LOs nappy tonight before bedtime, and she rarely lays still long enough for me to finish putting a new nappy on, so to speed it all up a bit I just laid the dirty nappy to one side instead of wrapping it up straightaway and figured I would do it after. LO then started to get bored and rolled over, while I was struggling to do up the poppers on her sleep suit. Well I should have been paying more attention to what she was doing, as next thing I know I notice she is chewing something. Yep, you can see where this is going. LO had a mouthful of her own poo. I QUICKLY put my finger in her mouth and scooped it out, and I think I got it all. It wasn't very much, but still, I felt sick with worry. I washed her hands and brushed her teeth, then she had her bottle. I feel AWFUL. I have googled, and the worst that could happen is she could be a little sick tomorrow, but chances are she will be just fine.

I feel like a terrible mummy :-(

Ok I've had a few bad mummy moments in the past 11 months, but this is just disgusting...

I was changing LOs nappy tonight before bedtime, and she rarely lays still long enough for me to finish putting a new nappy on, so to speed it all up a bit I just laid the dirty nappy to one side instead of wrapping it up straightaway and figured I would do it after. LO then started to get bored and rolled over, while I was struggling to do up the poppers on her sleep suit. Well I should have been paying more attention to what she was doing, as next thing I know I notice she is chewing something. Yep, you can see where this is going. LO had a mouthful of her own poo. I QUICKLY put my finger in her mouth and scooped it out, and I think I got it all. It wasn't very much, but still, I felt sick with worry. I washed her hands and brushed her teeth, then she had her bottle. I feel AWFUL. I have googled, and the worst that could happen is she could be a little sick tomorrow, but chances are she will be just fine.

I feel like a terrible mummy :-(

Don't worry too much - Alex has developed a real habit of putting his hands down 'there' and back up to his mouth as soon as his nappy is off. Not too bad if he's just wee'd, but if its poo it can get very messy!!! You'd have to be a ninja with lightening reactions to be able to stop him!!! I always give him toys or my phone to distract him, which worked for a while but now he either discards it and dives down there or the toy goes down there too lol!! If I know its gonna be a messy nappy me and oh do it together and often have to pin him down :-(

Instead of wiping down our LO when he poos....we just rinse him off in the tub.

He really likes baths, anyways :haha:

Ewww poo eating :bleurgh: lol
About the seeing in the bath thing, I have up on that ages ago, Flynn goes on the potty before his bath but without fail pees in the bath every time, it's a bit silly now coz he always stands up to do it now so he can watch it splash, I have up being bothered by it a lob time ago! He's only ever pood in the bath once and that was when he was tiny, he can control his bowels now so hopefully we won't have poo in the bath ever lol!!

Went to put my arm through the handle of the carseat when picking LO's seat up.
Got cardigan caught on my ring, shook my wrist and accidently backhanded LO in the face infront of my OHs sister.
oops....

The funny thing about this thread is almost everything we post here is done by accident which in no way makes us bad mothers at all! And everything else we confess here is usually motivated by sheer exhaustion in an understandable attempt to get more sleep or because we are only human and have only two arms causing us to compromise for the sake of our sanity. :haha:

Earlier today while pinning up a diaper (we use cloth) I accidentally pinched his leg with my finger nails :blush:

He cried out painfully and I showered him in hugs and kisses going, "I'm sorry!!"

I think it was worse on me than him..he was all smiles, gurgles, and coos a minute later and I was still pouting 20 minutes later...

Robyn was laying in the crook of my arm on the bed earlier (trying to get just a few more minutes sleep out of her!) she started kicking me- right in my c section scar- so I pulled my arm out so I could move away. I forgot I left my watch on and it must have caught the back of her head or neck somewhere because she screamed and took ages to calm down :(

My son had bronchiolitis when he was a month old,he developed a bad cough a few days after coming out of hospitalwhich resulted in a lot more lasck of sleep then i found the one way he settled was cuddled up with me on the settee so i did this until he fell asleep then moved him, well on this one occasion i was sooo tired i fell asleep aswell, i jumped 6 feet when i heard a thud to find my little man had rolled off the settee, thankfully he was fine he cried for about 20 seconds then decided he was hungry, i cried for a lot longer than 20 seconds :haha:

when we got up on xmas morning, santa had brought the twins a leap frog activity station(entertainer), i put isla in and pulled the microphone, a bit too arh as it sprung back and smacked her in the head

Just today my little man was sitting in my lap and the phone rang. I got in a hurry and dropped the phone on his head:dohh: Didn't even phase him lol.

My son is rather gassy and I have to admit I have let one slip and let everyone think it was the baby, LOL

LO was blamed for all my gas when I was pregnant, before that it was the dog. Poor kid, things haven't changed since he was born either. He's still my scapegoat. :blush::haha:

when we got up on xmas morning, santa had brought the twins a leap frog activity station(entertainer), i put isla in and pulled the microphone, a bit too arh as it sprung back and smacked her in the head

Hah, my husband did this when we first got lo her jumperoo a few months ago. He pulled the little star on it and it flung back and smacked her in the face. :dohh: it didn't phase her, just shocked her a little, but I laughed for ages. Bad mommy!

Hah, my husband did this when we first got lo her jumperoo a few months ago. He pulled the little star on it and it flung back and smacked her in the face. :dohh: it didn't phase her, just shocked her a little, but I laughed for ages. Bad mommy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->