The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

It's hot in my house and I asked OH to turn on the fan.. He did then made me feel super guilty for it, saying that it's bad for LO and it's "hurting" him. :( Then he asked me, "Do you ever think of his health before yours?" Now he's gone and made me feel awful for keeping the fan on because I got hot!

wtf? Tell your OH where to shove it. A fan is not going to hurt your baby. Lilly's overhead fan is on all the time in her room, and she even has a separate fan across the room from her crib.

accidentally fed LO old formula in the middle of the night :(

must have only been an hour or 2 past expiring but i feel awful

I've lost count of how many times I've scratched the twins. Oops. I've also ran over islas foot with the pram. Bigger oops .

I've cut the end of my 5 month olds fingers with nail clippers twice. She screamed the place down & I couldn't stop the blood for ages! Felt terrible.

I've cut the end of my 5 month olds fingers with nail clippers twice. She screamed the place down & I couldn't stop the blood for ages! Felt terrible.

Ugh, everyone kept telling me I NEEDED to cut DS's fingernails as soon as he was born (we were still in the hospital). Wasn't even 1 month old and I got the tip of his little finger. He cried a little... I cried a lot. The bleeding wasn't too bad but enough to make me feel like the worst mother in the world. Needless to say mommy didn't cut his nails again until like 3 months or so when he had a little bit bigger hands and only when absolutely necessary :(

Today I accidentally elbowed willow in the head, sending her flying and banging her head against a cupboard...she now has an egg on her the back of her swede and a bruise on her forehead. Bugger.

We are moving out over the weekend and because oh has been at work I've had to do most of the packing today meaning I've hardly interacted with LO and apart from when she's needed feeding/changing/a nap I've hardly played or cuddled with her today. Obviously if she's cried I've tended to her but I feel awful:(

The other day after Damani got out of his bath I was rubbing lotion on him when the open bottle fell...and the lid went right in his eye.

He cried...I cried more. OH told me to just give him some kisses and move on. He stopped after my Mommy kisses...MAN those things are powerful! :D

Later, he cried longer over getting a diaper change from Daddy than he did about getting poked in the eyeball!

Down at mum and dads for the day visiting. My mum gets my dad a foot massager for his christmas and my OH was trying it out while sitting on the settee. He was too busy enjoying the massage that he didnt take notice that our daughter had dipped her finger into his bottle of Budweiser and tried it for herself! and then went back for more the wee madam! :dohh:

I went out with a friend for the first time since LO was born last night. He was with OH and has formula before bed anyway and usually sleeps through, so I had a few glasses of wine..

Anyway sod's law he woke 4 times last night (unheard of! turns out he has a bad cold) and would only settle for the boob,, point blank refused a bottle. I felt so guilty feeding him whilst tipsy, but there was no negotiating with him!!xx

Had a few too many glasses of wine for my liking lately. Okay so it's been a max of 150mls each time and drunk with food but, how much is my poor bub getting. She's 8 mths so I know I shouldn't be as concerned.

I definitely post here too often!!!

Yesterday morning LO woke up and I got out of bed went to him, now normally I'd feed him right away but by time I'd changed his nappy I was DESPERATE for the loo! So I quickly grabbed his bouncey chair and sat him in it, in the bathroom, in front of me. I was only quick but he started crying as he was hungry, I grabbed a bath toy and tried to distract him with it, not realising it was full of (now freezing cold) water from the night before and squirted LO right in the face!!

I felt SO BAD! Needless to say this didn't help him calm down, he had such a meltdown he could barely feed at first. Bad, bad mummy!

Yesterday morning LO woke up and I got out of bed went to him, now normally I'd feed him right away but by time I'd changed his nappy I was DESPERATE for the loo! So I quickly grabbed his bouncey chair and sat him in it, in the bathroom, in front of me. I was only quick but he started crying as he was hungry, I grabbed a bath toy and tried to distract him with it, not realising it was full of (now freezing cold) water from the night before and squirted LO right in the face!!

I felt SO BAD! Needless to say this didn't help him calm down, he had such a meltdown he could barely feed at first. Bad, bad mummy!

I did something similar to this a couple weeks ago. I was getting us ready to go pick OH from work so Callum was in his car seat...that he hates...but I really had to go to the bathroom so I put him in the bathroom with me in his car seat and he started fussing so I thought if I threw an empty toilet paper roll at him (?!) playfully he could play with it and it would distract him. Except it hit him in the eye and he went from fussing to screaming. I felt SO terrible.

Another confession...the other night I finally got Callum to sleep and I was carrying him to his bedroom and I hit his head on the door frame. Obviously it woke him up and I had to start all over.

I'm so sorry but I have to laugh at some of these, especially angeloftroys's about the bath toy :D
I don't know whether it's pure tiredness or being forgetful but I have gone out with LO in the pram several times recently and forgotten to strap her in properly. She had straps over her shoulders but not clicked in the middle. Whoops.
And I regularly bring her in the bathroom with me and give her the box of ear buds or a toilet roll rube to play with while I wee! Distraction at its best :) xx

Wait till you have a toddler who insists on coming into the loo with you so he can hand you toilet paper!
He has started sitting on his potty while I go so maybe it's helping him train but its still weird lol,

I did something similar to this a couple weeks ago. I was getting us ready to go pick OH from work so Callum was in his car seat...that he hates...but I really had to go to the bathroom so I put him in the bathroom with me in his car seat and he started fussing so I thought if I threw an empty toilet paper roll at him (?!) playfully he could play with it and it would distract him. Except it hit him in the eye and he went from fussing to screaming. I felt SO terrible.

Another confession...the other night I finally got Callum to sleep and I was carrying him to his bedroom and I hit his head on the door frame. Obviously it woke him up and I had to start all over.

:rofl:

I'm sorry but I couldn't help laugh at that. (Obviously not the part where it hit him in the eye!) But I've never thought of giving my daughter an empty toilet paper roll before, I'm sure she'd love it though, hah.

We went food shopping today and i told myself on the way home to change emilys nappy when we get home as she had had a lot to drink but by the time we got in the door i completely forgot and she was so tired that i put her straight upstairs for her nap and it wasnt until she woke up a good hour later that i remembered and her nappy was bulging and she got pee all over her new clothes because id forgotten to change her nappy :dohh:

:rofl:

I'm sorry but I couldn't help laugh at that. (Obviously not the part where it hit him in the eye!) But I've never thought of giving my daughter an empty toilet paper roll before, I'm sure she'd love it though, hah.

I don't know why I thought he would like it, I think because my dogs LOVE them I figured my human child would. He was really fussy so I was desperate :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->