The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I definitely post here too often!!!

Yesterday morning LO woke up and I got out of bed went to him, now normally I'd feed him right away but by time I'd changed his nappy I was DESPERATE for the loo! So I quickly grabbed his bouncey chair and sat him in it, in the bathroom, in front of me. I was only quick but he started crying as he was hungry, I grabbed a bath toy and tried to distract him with it, not realising it was full of (now freezing cold) water from the night before and squirted LO right in the face!!

I felt SO BAD! Needless to say this didn't help him calm down, he had such a meltdown he could barely feed at first. Bad, bad mummy!

I did something similar to this a couple weeks ago. I was getting us ready to go pick OH from work so Callum was in his car seat...that he hates...but I really had to go to the bathroom so I put him in the bathroom with me in his car seat and he started fussing so I thought if I threw an empty toilet paper roll at him (?!) playfully he could play with it and it would distract him. Except it hit him in the eye and he went from fussing to screaming. I felt SO terrible.

Another confession...the other night I finally got Callum to sleep and I was carrying him to his bedroom and I hit his head on the door frame. Obviously it woke him up and I had to start all over.

:rofl:

I'm sorry but I couldn't help laugh at that. (Obviously not the part where it hit him in the eye!) But I've never thought of giving my daughter an empty toilet paper roll before, I'm sure she'd love it though, hah.

I don't know why I thought he would like it, I think because my dogs LOVE them I figured my human child would. He was really fussy so I was desperate :haha:

Because dogs and babies are SO much alike. :haha:

My son would not stop fussing, would not go to sleep 2hrs after his bedtime and OH was already in bed because he works super early tomorrow. I was at my wits end and going into an anxiety attack (I get them at night whether LO cooperates or not) So I put him in his swing and turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It is the ONLY thing that ever works when nothing else will. Once I've gone through feeding, singing, rocking, just letting him get up and play, getting in our bed, bath time, orajel for his teething, gas drops,this is my last resort... and what do ya know...absolute silence :dohh: I feel like an awful mom for letting my kid watch TV after bedtime :(

Yesterday I was breast feeding my seven week old, he'd been eating for quite some time so I decided to put on the tv, when i picked the remote control it fell right on top of LOs head:cry: I burst into tears and LO, well he carried on eating........nothing disturbs his meals not even a bang to the head :haha:

Okay, this one's terrible... OH, my sister, my brother in law, & I were all playing with LO in his room & I was sitting on his tricycle next to his little slide while he went to slide down, he fell and bonked his head on the tricycle. He cried & cried... so I gave him a cookie. Now when people ask where the little bruise on Coreys head came from OH and my brother in law say that I ran him over with the tricycle... & the bad mommy of the year award goes to ME. :(

My son would not stop fussing, would not go to sleep 2hrs after his bedtime and OH was already in bed because he works super early tomorrow. I was at my wits end and going into an anxiety attack (I get them at night whether LO cooperates or not) So I put him in his swing and turned on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It is the ONLY thing that ever works when nothing else will. Once I've gone through feeding, singing, rocking, just letting him get up and play, getting in our bed, bath time, orajel for his teething, gas drops,this is my last resort... and what do ya know...absolute silence :dohh: I feel like an awful mom for letting my kid watch TV after bedtime :(

Oh that is not horrible at all. I hate when I see kids that watch tv all day, but when little guy gets up really early I will sometimes strap him in his seat and turn on cartoons :haha: I get a rest on the couch and no one else has to know!

So OH took Emily upstairs to bed at 6pm (I can no longer find the will to climb the stairs) and I went to bed about five minutes after as I was knackered and aching and sore. I heard Emily playing for about 10 minutes and then it would go quiet, but every time I moved in bed I would hear her give a couple of moans and groans but I could tell she was till in her bed. I gave in at 7pm and went to get her a drink of warm milk and when i opened her bedroom door all I could smell was poo. The poor girl now has nappy rash because I didn't check on her sooner, it had obviously been there a good half hour. And now we are both back downstairs watching toy story and playing with Lego blocks. I feel awful although she isn't showing any signs of distress or soreness :-( xx

This is a great thread. We are ttc and one of my worries was that I would accidently hurt my child, now I feel much better.

In the meantime, one from my mum. When I was little she was pushing me through the town centre and had not strapped me in my pushchair. She hit something with the wheels and I flipped out onto the ground and cut one if my fingers down to the bone. I still have a scar now.

This isn't something that has happened once, this is something that happens all the time...

I frequently forget which baby is which and have to check birth marks to see who I'm holding. :blush:

Robyn's nappy needed changing, she'd been in the same one for 4 hours (cloth nappy and that's their limit). So I put her down and cleared my dinner plate away. But when I came back she was fast asleep (self settled :)) so I left her. Sure enough, by the time she woke of her own accord her trousers were wet.

Robyn's nappy needed changing, she'd been in the same one for 4 hours (cloth nappy and that's their limit). So I put her down and cleared my dinner plate away. But when I came back she was fast asleep (self settled :)) so I left her. Sure enough, by the time she woke of her own accord her trousers were wet.

Ive done this a lot! we would go out for a couple of hours and i'd always say 'i'll change her nappy when we get home' but by the time we are home and hurrying to get settled in, emily has fallen asleep so we almost always end up forgetting to change her nappy in the rush to get everything else done and we take her to bed for her nap... and she would wake up soaking! feel horrible every time :-( xx

Last week I discovered that I've been driving LO around in a car seat that was installed completely wrong. I only realized because I went around a sharp curve and looked in the mirror and saw that her seat had tipped slightly to the side! :nope:

I looked up an installation video online and saw that I hadn't even accessed the right part of the seat to put the belt through. I don't know how I could've been so stupid. I wish they had included pictures in the instruction manual! Thank god I didn't get in any kind of accident.

Oh and here's another one... I've been letting her play with an old iPod speaker remote that I thought was safe because it doesn't have any buttons that could pop out, but I just realized that it has a button battery in it :dohh:Thankfully the battery was well-secured (it was even hard for me to get it out) but that still wasn't a smart thing to do. I've thrown it out now.

I put LO in his cot to watch his mobile while I put some of his clothes away, he was making some frustrated noises like when he's trying to roll, which he does all the time so I didn't look up... then I turned round to check on him and he'd turned 90 degrees and had 1 leg poking out between the bars! He didn't seem bothered but was kicking his legs as usual and when I checked his leg there's a faint bruise where he was kicking against the bar! I feel so bad, can't believe he's bruised and he isn't even 4 months yet! :(

I put LO in his cot to watch his mobile while I put some of his clothes away, he was making some frustrated noises like when he's trying to roll, which he does all the time so I didn't look up... then I turned round to check on him and he'd turned 90 degrees and had 1 leg poking out between the bars! He didn't seem bothered but was kicking his legs as usual and when I checked his leg there's a faint bruise where he was kicking against the bar! I feel so bad, can't believe he's bruised and he isn't even 4 months yet! :(

just wait till he is a year old, he will most likely have bruises everywhere and no one knows where they come from! :haha:
emily is 17 months old and i noticed after her bath last night that she has two small bruises on one leg and three on the other from falling over and bashing herself off of everything, she is so clumsy!
emily was in her crib until about 5 months old and the only reason we moved her into her cot is because she kept turning and getting her legs stuck in the bars!
544.jpg 596.jpg 639.jpg

At around 7 weeks DS started sticking body parts outside of his crib. We got some mesh "breathable" bumper pads to keep him in. They are not a suffocation hazzard like other pads. I don't know if you have anything like these where you live, but I think the are great!

Lo has been a bit snuffly the last week (and had awful nappies for two weeks - but discussed the nappies with health visitor and she seemed unconcerned!). Anyway the last few days he has sounded like he is a 20 a day smoker, so chesty, but no temperature and still taking feeds so i did not take him to the Dr's. This morning he threw his feed up all over me and it was very phlemey (sp?) so i thought enough is enough he is going to the DR. I rang the Dr's and the triarge nurse rang back and suggested it may just be a cold since he had no temperature but she agreed to give us a dr's appointment based on his awaful nappies..... well turns out he has a chest infection. The Dr was mistified as to why he has no temperature (but i don't get a tempertaure when i am ill with an infection, nor does my mum or my sister so maybe it is a family thing). I felt bad for leaving LO so long just in case i was judged as a neurotic mother .

Put lo down for bed at 7.30 then came up to bed at 9.30 to see that I've left lo's main light on in his room....and he was fast asleep :( bad mummy xxx

Last week I discovered that I've been driving LO around in a car seat that was installed completely wrong. I only realized because I went around a sharp curve and looked in the mirror and saw that her seat had tipped slightly to the side! :nope:

I looked up an installation video online and saw that I hadn't even accessed the right part of the seat to put the belt through. I don't know how I could've been so stupid. I wish they had included pictures in the instruction manual! Thank god I didn't get in any kind of accident.

when emily was two months old my mother was taking us out on halloween and we had a graco car seat and base for her. my mum went round a corner and the whole base and carseat flipped upside down! luckily emily was ok (sleeping, actually) but i had a heart attack! ive sat in the back seat with her ever since xx

I keep my LO in the bed with me just so I don't have to get up to feed him...plus he sleeps WAY better.

Who doesn't like almost uninterrupted sleep?!

At first OH was against it but he loves that LO can just turn over, get a feed, and go back to sleep- no fussing :D

My first confession!

Today at baby group lo knocked over a "safety" mug and burned his hand and foot on a cup of tea. Spent all afternoon at hospital getting bandaged because it had blistered. Feel awful as moments before he did it someone warned me he was about ton do it, and I still didn't stop it. He cried for 2 hours, makes me feel sick remembering his little face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->