The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Firstly (((BigAl))) That must have been horrid. I hope all is well now though x

Now mine. I need to offload! I'm still wracked with guilt... I took a shower tonight, and popped my nearly 7 month old in her bouncer chair just outside the doorway for the few minutes i was in there. She usually does this and is fine. Tonight i heard her sqwark and cry and she was shouting 'Mamamama' which she does if she's getting fed up, so i hurried up. When i got out, i saw her hanging by her legs out of the side of the chair with her head nearly on the floor.. red faced and still shouting through tears 'mamamama'! She'd dropped her toy, tried to folllow it and got stuck. I have no idea how long she'd been hanging there :nope: I was heartbroken. When i picked her up she just rested her head on my shoulder and just looked at me quietly with little sad eyes.

I knew i was pushing it with that darned chair... I hate myself for letting that happen :growlmad: My poor baby... (she was fine a minute later. I however, will never recover from it!) x

Hope he's ok bigal.
Yesterday at playgroup I let Flynn run round and play during song time as he was dancing and hugging the other kids and it was cute, till he retried to get past a little girl who was laid on the floor by stepping on her face! I should've kept him closer.
(Where about a in sheffield are you bigal? I'm always mosey at locals lol)

The other morning LO awoke at 7:30, bright as a button. I was shattered so I thought I'd have a little doze until she started fussing. Before I knew it she was moaning for a feed, checked the time and it was 9:30:blush: I'd fallen asleep for 2 hours and I'm pretty sure she must have done too.

The other morning LO awoke at 7:30, bright as a button. I was shattered so I thought I'd have a little doze until she started fussing. Before I knew it she was moaning for a feed, checked the time and it was 9:30:blush: I'd fallen asleep for 2 hours and I'm pretty sure she must have done too.

Haha, I've done this several times. I always feel bad because I wonder if she was crying or something, but really if she were upset I'm sure she would've woken me up again!

Well second confession. Had to go back to hospital on Friday, I thought his bandages were being removed for good, so didn't give him any pain relief. His hand had blistered since the bandage first went on, and they had to remove the dead skin. It was horrific, I will be making sure he has every pain relief possible next time.

I'm in Nethergreen, just down the hill from Ranmoor, if you know where that is!

While I was feeding Tegan, she started (loudly :haha:) working on a poo diaper...After she finished eating, I put her down to sleep and didn't even remember the diaper! She sat in it for an hour and a half before I remembered. :cry:

I just dribbled chocolate ice cream on LO... luckily it landed on his sleep suit, just hope it doesn't stain as it's one of my favourites lmao!!xx

preggymammy : my lo has had all sorts of food spilt on him. I don't mean to I'm really sloppy at eating when I'm starving. And he tends to wake and want feeding just as I'm sitting to eat.

My son woke me up every two hours last night screaming his head off, which isn't like him.

The second time I told him to shut up (told, not screamed or anything). I made him a bottle and he snuggled on my chest and ate and fell asleep. I felt awful. :cry:

I need to shut up myself and just take care of his little needs!

Tryinfor1 we've all been there, I've done that before too:hugs:

My little 4 week old has been very very difficult over the last few days - I've tried everything I can think of and he still cries, to the point that I'm crying too because I just don't know what he wants.

I shouted at him earlier today to tell me what was wrong, and was immediately in more tears because I felt so awful :(

My little 4 week old has been very very difficult over the last few days - I've tried everything I can think of and he still cries, to the point that I'm crying too because I just don't know what he wants.

I shouted at him earlier today to tell me what was wrong, and was immediately in more tears because I felt so awful :(

Been there done that :growlmad:

Once when Jason was only a few weeks old he went almost an entire day refusing to nurse... he'd been doing really well but one day just decided he simply didn't want to. He never fussed or acted hungry, but to me a baby couldn't just go all day without eating... so I yelled at him and asked why he wont eat!! He pooched his lip out and sniffed really hard (worst baby reaction EVER lol)

Bigal I know where that is, I'm in high green, about as far north as you can get in sheffield without being in Barnsley lol

Last night I wanted to make cupcakes so I put Logan in his highchair next to the island. I pulled him up close so he could watch me to keep him occupied. While filling one of the last cupcakes I realized he had grabbed a pair of scissors! :shock: I had no clue they were even on the counter! I dropped the scoop in the cupcake (almost dropped the bowl of batter) and grabbed them right as he started pulling them towards his tray. I have never felt so guilty in my life! What if I were at the other counter and had my back turned to him :argh:

My son woke me up every two hours last night screaming his head off, which isn't like him.

The second time I told him to shut up (told, not screamed or anything). I made him a bottle and he snuggled on my chest and ate and fell asleep. I felt awful. :cry:

I need to shut up myself and just take care of his little needs!

Ikwym. You didn't scream at him but it was more kind of to yourself like "why won't you shut up?" (Why won't you stop) I did that when LO was little. I started having an anxiety attack and didn't know what to do.

Been there done that :growlmad:

Once when Jason was only a few weeks old he went almost an entire day refusing to nurse... he'd been doing really well but one day just decided he simply didn't want to. He never fussed or acted hungry, but to me a baby couldn't just go all day without eating... so I yelled at him and asked why he wont eat!! He pooched his lip out and sniffed really hard (worst baby reaction EVER lol)

Yepp been there! :dohh:

Aww I did this loads... Half way though the night yelling at lo "I BET OUR NEIGHBOURS HATE US!!!"

That was the time to get some happy pills :p they get easier as they get older but my god it's awful I really feel for u xxxx

Last night I wanted to make cupcakes so I put Logan in his highchair next to the island. I pulled him up close so he could watch me to keep him occupied. While filling one of the last cupcakes I realized he had grabbed a pair of scissors! :shock: I had no clue they were even on the counter! I dropped the scoop in the cupcake (almost dropped the bowl of batter) and grabbed them right as he started pulling them towards his tray. I have never felt so guilty in my life! What if I were at the other counter and had my back turned to him :argh:

Yep I've been there.... I cut Lo's hair with baby nail scissors (blunt as you like lol)

Then he found them and had the blades open trying to cut his own hair off

:nope:

Even though DH found this hysterical, I still feel horrible... although, I will admit, looking back at it, it was sort of funny.

Here is my bad mommy moment... 2 nights ago, LO was nursing and I was starving, so DH said, surely you can eat and nurse at the same time. Well, this didn't go over so well. Before I even took my first bite of pizza, the slice fell right on LO's head... thankfully it wasn't very hot and didn't cause a burn, needless to say, I don't think I will be multitasking while nursing anytime soon.

A few days ago I was carrying my son into our bedroom to get him ready for bed, I wasn't paying a lot of attention and when walking into our room I bumped my little guys head off the door casing, the part where the metal piece sticks out. He automatically burst into tears and wailed so loud. I felt so so so so SO bad.

So, our house isn't exactly 'baby proofed' yet since Eli is still not fully crawling. Well, today he was sitting up and I was trying to take a picture of him, but he was trying to get onto his belly. Next thing I know he fell forehead first into the corner or our tv stand :cry: I feel so bad, I could've easily stopped it but I was trying to take a picture :cry: he only cried for less then a minute, and we had a cuddle, but I feel so bad he has a bruise on his forehead now :cry::cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->