The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I was rushing to get things done in my parents house today and emily was absolutely knackered and was following me about like a sick love puppy and wouldnt let me get anything done, she was crying her eyes out because she was exhausted but because we werent at home she refused to nap (and we all know what our toddlers are like when they are exhausted! in your face, crabbit, crying and clingy etc) i got so frustrated that i couldnt even get a minute to myself for everyone talking over everyone and emily being very clingy and basically getting under my feet that i sat her on the settee and growled 'no' to which i do when she is in time out time... she cried her little eyes out and i felt so bloody guilty and awful but i really just needed a second to myself! of course as soon as i was done i sat down and asked her 'coming over?' and she came running over for a quick two second cuddle before going off and being exhausted and crabbit and clingy again... felt absolutely terrible :(

Bad mommy here. Last night we had guest over so oh closed the door to the nursery and our bedroom at night which I leave open and can hear any peep lo makes. Well oh brought in the baby monitor but didnt turn the sound on! So I didnt hear him wake up. Apparently he was whining/crying for a half hour and our guest decided to take it upon themselves to get him up change his diaper and try to give him a bottle of bm. I woke up and rushed to his room and found the guest in there with him. I felt horrible but I was also peeved because I wish our guest would have woke me up instead of trying to take care of lo (i didnt act that way as ultimatley lo is most important and im glad his needs were met). I then gave him some boobie and out he was. But I still feel horrible.

Yesterday, while attempting to settle my very unsettled baby, I lay down in my bed, except on the way I bumped her head on the top of the bed...:wacko:

THEN, while giving her a bath, she loves to thrash around in the water and in doing so she thrashed a little TOO much and kind of slipped a bit out of my hands and ended up taking in a bunch of water! Whoops!!

Even though DH found this hysterical, I still feel horrible... although, I will admit, looking back at it, it was sort of funny.

Here is my bad mommy moment... 2 nights ago, LO was nursing and I was starving, so DH said, surely you can eat and nurse at the same time. Well, this didn't go over so well. Before I even took my first bite of pizza, the slice fell right on LO's head... thankfully it wasn't very hot and didn't cause a burn, needless to say, I don't think I will be multitasking while nursing anytime soon.

Similar here. Dropped a bit of potato on Ds! Think II'll stick to cold food whilst feeding!

I was changing LO's extremely poo filled nappy last night, when she rolled over and started crawling away, with poo all over her bum. I tried cleaning it off as she was crawling away, but she kept trying to sit on the carpet. I was just about to grab her to lay her back down, when she pee'd on the carpet, and all over her legs. I was so frustrated I shouted "FOR FUCKS SAKE EVELYN!" She just looked at me, then her bottom lip went out and she started sobbing :( I felt awful, and gave her a huge cuddle :(

LO grabbed the curtain on the window next to my desk and I didn't notice until she yanked the whole thing down onto her head. The end of the rod hit her right under her eye :nope: I should've had the curtain up where she couldn't get at it. Thank god it didn't slice her eye!

Aaaand now she's crawling around with one of my dirty socks in her mouth growling :dohh:

LO grabbed the curtain on the window next to my desk and I didn't notice until she yanked the whole thing down onto her head. The end of the rod hit her right under her eye :nope: I should've had the curtain up where she couldn't get at it. Thank god it didn't slice her eye!

Aaaand now she's crawling around with one of my dirty socks in her mouth growling :dohh:

This made me laugh.. there may have been a few times Lilly has eaten my socks... :blush:

Don't worry about the above incident. The good thing is that it didn't hurt her. If we focused on what could have happened we'd all go insane. :thumbup:

Today I took both kids to the park. Got Thomas all strapped in, he was really grumpy and I was getting flustered.

Strapped Sophie really carefully into her seat, then put her seat into the car and Thomas started grizzling for water. So ran inside for it (the car is right by the front door, up the driveway). Gave him his water and off we went.

When I got to the park I realised I hadnt strapped Sophie's seat into the car!!! I can't stop thinking about what could have happened.

I hate infant carriers, I have to unbuckled it every time I get get in our out due to the seatbelt being in the way. I can't wait to get her a different carseat.

Woke up this morning after not getting up once in the night!

Feeling very refreshed I turned and said to OH "wow, squirt STTN, I feel amazing" to which he replied "no he didn't, you did!"

Whoops!

Today I took both kids to the park. Got Thomas all strapped in, he was really grumpy and I was getting flustered.

Strapped Sophie really carefully into her seat, then put her seat into the car and Thomas started grizzling for water. So ran inside for it (the car is right by the front door, up the driveway). Gave him his water and off we went.

When I got to the park I realised I hadnt strapped Sophie's seat into the car!!! I can't stop thinking about what could have happened.

I hate infant carriers, I have to unbuckled it every time I get get in our out due to the seatbelt being in the way. I can't wait to get her a different carseat.

Do you have car seat bases in NZ? You strap the base into the car, then the carrier just clicks on top. Easy to get the carrier in and out, or you can get baby out the carrier as there's no seat belt in the way. My base cost £30 and I'm so glad I got it! Though I am guilty of not strapping the carrier in properly in my parents car without the base :(

not all car seats come with isofix base... mine doesn't! Seat belt it is xx

This is sooo terrible but my hubby was really winding me up today and I'm already very stressed out at the moment (we have a very demanding high needs 11 week old) I turned round to playfully swipe his arm but forgot my daughter was in the baby carrier and whacked her back instead of hitting his arm. She didnt wake up but I still felt awful!!

Yesterday I was holding LO as he was due a feed. For some reason I couldn't get the lid off the bottle? I eventually got it off but I must have pulled it with such force that my elbow whacked LO in the face and omg the tears... he looked so shocked and upset I felt like such a twat. Gave him plenty of kisses and cuddles to make up for it xxx

Julian's new thing is rolling, and we have an extremely heavy solid oak coffee table with a shelf bit underneath. When he starts rolling he like, doesn't stop, and regularly hits his head on the table. He's only cried once though, which was the other morning, then about an hour later OH was bouncing him up and down and hit his head on the lampshade :| he thought it was hilarious! Although I'm a bit worried about his IQ in future life with the amount he hits his head :haha:

Strapped Sophie really carefully into her seat, then put her seat into the car and Thomas started grizzling for water. So ran inside for it (the car is right by the fron
t door, up the driveway). Gave him his water and off we went.

Do you have car seat bases in NZ? You strap the base into the car, then the carrier just clicks on top. Easy to get the carrier in and out, or you can get baby out the carrier as there's no seat belt in the way. My base cost £30 and I'm so glad I got it! Though I am guilty
of not strapping the carrier in properly in my parents car without the base :(

Yup we do! To be perfectly honest we couldn't afford one, life took a turn for the worse and my OH lost his job before we'd gotten her seat. So we had to grab the cheapest one, which doesn't have any system for clicking into a base. It's safe etc, just me being useless made it dangerous.

I was tugging Lilly along in her new floaty toy that has a pull string attached to it last week at the pool when I felt it pull kind of strange all of a sudden. I turned around and she had flipped over in the pool!! The water was only 2 feet deep, but she was doggy-paddling on the surface! Wasn't phased or distressed at all, but my heart dropped out of my chest. I held her so tight after that...and was really embarrassed. I don't think anyone saw though, but if they did I bet they thought I was the worst mom ever!!

Strapped Sophie really carefully into her seat, then put her seat into the car and Thomas started grizzling for water. So ran inside for it (the car is right by the fron
t door, up the driveway). Gave him his water and off we went.

Do you have car seat bases in NZ? You strap the base into the car, then the carrier just clicks on top. Easy to get the carrier in and out, or you can get baby out the carrier as there's no seat belt in the way. My base cost £30 and I'm so glad I got it! Though I am guilty
of not strapping the carrier in properly in my parents car without the base :(

Yup we do! To be perfectly honest we couldn't afford one, life took a turn for the worse and my OH lost his job before we'd gotten her seat. So we had to grab the cheapest one, which doesn't have any system for clicking into a base. It's safe etc, just me being useless made it dangerous.

Ahh, I was lucky my SIL gave us her old car seat, we know it hasn't been in a crash or anything, and it's still less than 4 years old so in good condition.

As I was sitting here reading stories, my lo is asleep in my arms. I had my phone in my hands weird and just dropped it right on his chest. Lol. He only stirred a little but I feel kinda bad!

My LO head butted me in the face yesterday and my tooth bashed his forehead, I've never heard him cry like that before it was awful. After putting a cold cloth on his head (which made him cry more) he still had a red bleb and I felt so, so guilty. My DH had just been telling me to be careful as he 'almost' head butted him the other day but I just didn't really pay any attention, so telling him was a huge helping of humbke pie. LO has long ish hair at the front so it covers up easily, but that makes me feel worse because I'm hiding his injury, inflicted by me, from everyone else! I was at my mum's at the time which stopped me from massively overreacting, I was all set to drive him to A&E and then hand myself in to social services :(.

I feel so guilty :cry:

Amy was crying and wouldnt settle no matter what i tried last week so i shouted at her to shut up (this is the first and only time) She looked at me as if to say "what have i done". :nope:

Hubby wasnt impressed so he had text his mum and sister told them and now i have them coming round on alternate days to check im ok...making me feel like im a terrible mum

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->