The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Currently baby-proofing the house and quickly dumped stuff to be put away (plugs, a spare lamp, extention leads) in a bag to take upstairs. Of course I got distracted and forgot about the bag and just found LO taking everything back out again!!

Currently baby-proofing the house and quickly dumped stuff to be put away (plugs, a spare lamp, extention leads) in a bag to take upstairs. Of course I got distracted and forgot about the bag and just found LO taking everything back out again!!

"Ooh, thanks mum for corralling all the dangerous stuff in the house for me in one convenient fun-sized bag. Saved me a lot of trouble!"

Sounds like something I might do.

I've only had a few months to potentially muck it up so I haven't got anything worthwhile to speak of... although I did bump her head on the car seat handle as I was putting her in once... luckily it was as we were on our way to her doctor's appointment so I got peace of mind pretty quickly!

This one isn't major... but I was holding her in my arms while eating breakfast and pulled her away when I was done to find two Cheerios stuck to her head. :)

I dropped a heavy-ish pillow on Chloe today by accident....she cried loads but i think it was the fright rather than that it hurt (i hope!!!)

DD was wailing for the last hour refusing to feed, I think she is teething atm. So I went to give her calpol, squirted a bit I her mouth and then did a bit more and she spat the whole lot out. Tried a bit more and she did the same. I got so frustrated that I shouted her name and wiped her face a little harder than I would have liked (not enough to hurt!). But I felt so guilty that I have sat here in tears.
Positive it worked as she has now finished her bottle and is fast asleep

I just hate that I get so stressed and lose my temper occasionally. Makes me think I am a bad mom and not good enough for her!

I've been letting my (almost) 4-month-old watch TV :blush: I think she likes the lights and movement. I kind of feel guilty, but look how much she enjoys it!

https://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab294/shelabama/14_zps66e6d7a8.jpg

We were watching The Hobbit :haha: She only watched for about 5 minutes, so it's not THAT bad, right? :blush:

She also has diaper rash for the first time :cry: I put medicated cream on it (the NICU sent it home with us) and it's almost all gone in less than 24 hours. I still feel awful though.

DD was wailing for the last hour refusing to feed, I think she is teething atm. So I went to give her calpol, squirted a bit I her mouth and then did a bit more and she spat the whole lot out. Tried a bit more and she did the same. I got so frustrated that I shouted her name and wiped her face a little harder than I would have liked (not enough to hurt!). But I felt so guilty that I have sat here in tears.
Positive it worked as she has now finished her bottle and is fast asleep

I just hate that I get so stressed and lose my temper occasionally. Makes me think I am a bad mom and not good enough for her!

Next time you need to give calpol fill the syringe, squirt into a bottle teat and whilst holding it teat down, attach bottle and give to lo. My lo used to spit it out all over the place too x

I am so emotionally and mentally drained and very sleep deprived so on the odd occasion, i shout :( i instantly feel guilty as this is not how i want to be but its too much sometimes.
My baby is happy and smiley etc so hes fine, but i should be better than this, he deserves better.

hi ladies! im new to baby club and am so glad i found this thread!! i felt horriblle last night like i was the worst mother in the world.i think kenzie has her nights and days mixed up so last night she was literally awake ALL night long.i cant get her to stay awake on the breast long enough to finish feeding but as soon as i pull her off and lay her down she crys and fusses.(i think she is definitely a bit spoiled too!) but i just cant let her sit there and be fussy.so i had finished feeding her last night and was sooo exhausted i sat there FURIOUS at her and i just kept telling myself what a bad mom i was for being so angry at a baby for wanting to be cuddled but i just couldnt take it! i found myself waking her dad up telling him to take her for the rest of the night because i was so angry.(i knew i needed to hand her over because i was burping her a bit rough) not hard enough to hurt her but hard enough i knew i had to back up.i felt so bad when i realizzed what i was doing i just cried and cried! :( glad im not alone though!

Okay, here it goes....I'm super ashamed and disappointed in myself, but I just really need to get this out....

I've been suffering severely with depression, and it has seemed to hit an extreme point recently. It's gotten so bad that I have wished my LO hadn't been born :cry::cry: I'm such a terrible person, I know the feelings come from my depression, but Eli deserves a better mom, one who doesn't think like that. He's so happy and when he smiles up at me I feel so guilty...I don't want to think that.

:cry:

Okay, here it goes....I'm super ashamed and disappointed in myself, but I just really need to get this out....

I've been suffering severely with depression, and it has seemed to hit an extreme point recently. It's gotten so bad that I have wished my LO hadn't been born :cry::cry: I'm such a terrible person, I know the feelings come from my depression, but Eli deserves a better mom, one who doesn't think like that. He's so happy and when he smiles up at me I feel so guilty...I don't want to think that.

:cry:

:hugs: so sorry you are feeling like this. Have you sought any help for the depression? Hope you feel better soon x

I went into LO's room yesterday morning, he had been doing his sleepy moaning for 10 mins or so and found him sat on the very edge of the mattress with his legs stuck through the bars and his hands clinging onto the top bar looking very sorry for himself! I called ofr DH to bring the camera as he looked so funny. We were falling about laughing which made poor DS cry. Felt awful, but it was funny!

This was from a couple of weeks ago. Lo was laying on our bed sun am between me and oh Nice and chilled when from nowhere he somersaulted over my legs through the air did a couple of spins and landed in a heap on the floor.
He started crying threw shock straight away and I knew he as fine but I couldn't stop laughing as it was the funniest thing. All I could think was wish we had that on camera.

I did feel really bad later on but it makes me smile even now.
I have no no idea how he did it. X

:nope: I always feel bad when I yell at my LO. Its not often.. its more of when she will just be whining or a bit crying.. and she just won't stop.. like everything is done with her, fed, diaper change. And she pushes away when I try to cuddle her. Also I was trying to get dinner ready so I could eat. I finally just stuck her in her bed so I could eat. Then after I ate I went and got her again.. I feel bad though. But I dont know what else I can do :baby:

Feel so bad!!!

LO was having some naked time on the floor and I noticed that her back was dry. I was holding her while she was sitting 'cause she can't sit unaided yet. Anyway, reached over to get the cream and she fell out of my grip and bonked her head on the floor! Started crying right away. I felt so bad!

I know there's nothing wring and it was more the shock than anything else, but still upsets me hearing her cry.

Gave her a magic kiss and snuggle though and she was okay.

Feel so bad!!!

LO was having some naked time on the floor and I noticed that her back was dry. I was holding her while she was sitting 'cause she can't sit unaided yet. Anyway, reached over to get the cream and she fell out of my grip and bonked her head on the floor! Started crying right away. I felt so bad!

I know there's nothing wring and it was more the shock than anything else, but still upsets me hearing her cry.

Gave her a magic kiss and snuggle though and she was okay.

Just wait til she jumps out of your lap! :haha: Was holding LO the other day in my lap cross legged on the floor. I didn't have a hold of him he jumped and landed face first in the carpet :dohh:

Lately Asher has been following me everywhere... I was in the kitchen, making his breakfast in a rush since he was PISSED and wanted food RIGHT.THIS.SECOND and I could have sworn I left him in the dining room with some books so I threw the low cupboard door open and whacked him right in the face!

Good lord, I felt crummy.

F is having a clingy stage. He literally is a baby limpet. I'm trying not to pick him up when he's acting like this, but sometimes he uses my legs to pull himself up. Yesterday he reached out for my legs, I didn't realise and stepped away from him. There was a thud and he was laying on the floor, but it looked like he'd stopped himself. He screams and oh panicked and asked me what happens. I tell him its just shock and its crocodile tears and he's fine. OH then said 'what's this on his face?' He had a friction burn type graze on his cheek where he'd caught it on the foot mat when he fell. I would have just ignored the tears. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->