The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I'm sitting here watching my play with and chew on a rubber monkey dog toy and I'm doing nothing to stop him. I've taken it away over and over and my lovely lab just keeps taking it right back to him. So I just decided to let him play with it for a while and bore himself of it so it wont be so attracting to him anymore.

I do exactly the same :haha: He still prefers the dog toys to his own, and he's had full reign of them for months... Funnily enough, the dog thinks the same of his toys.

Micah prefers cat toys, he LOVES the scratching post with the dangling toys!

Flynn just likes the cat, if he can get near enough he strokes them nicely then when they're least expecting it whomp! A smack round the head or a quick tug on the tail, mils cats are wise to it and keep out of his way, sils cat (who lives with us) keeps trying to get strokes from him and won't learn her lesson lol

Worst mummy ever award goes to me. I keep getting frustrated and dare I say it, annoyed when LO wakes in the night, not every time but enough to make me feel awful about it. I'll have a few good nights where i'll just get on with it, but then there will be a night like tonight where she will wake literally half an hour after i've dropped off and then i'm cranky as hell. It's usually me going "ffs not again!" "What is wrong with you?!?" "I'm getting fed up with this crap" or something along those lines.:nope:

I feel like I should have more patience, she's just a little baby and doesn't understand. But I've been running on empty for months now and it's starting to take its toll:cry: Thankfully her sleep is slowly improving, just wish my middle of the night temperament would as well. I'm never like this in the day, but I've always been a grump when my sleep gets interrupted.

Worst mummy ever award goes to me. I keep getting frustrated and dare I say it, annoyed when LO wakes in the night, not every time but enough to make me feel awful about it. I'll have a few good nights where i'll just get on with it, but then there will be a night like tonight where she will wake literally half an hour after i've dropped off and then i'm cranky as hell. It's usually me going "ffs not again!" "What is wrong with you?!?" "I'm getting fed up with this crap" or something along those lines.:nope:

I feel like I should have more patience, she's just a little baby and doesn't understand. But I've been running on empty for months now and it's starting to take its toll:cry: Thankfully her sleep is slowly improving, just wish my middle of the night temperament would as well. I'm never like this in the day, but I've always been a grump when my sleep gets interrupted.

Same here! I dont do well on little sleep, and i despise my sleep being interrupted! I know its not their fault, but sometimes my inner bitch gets the better of me :dohh:

Glad I'm not alone, I look at her innocent little face and often wonder how such horrible words can come out of my mouth towards her, its not like shes an exceptionally difficult baby either, she's actually really easy going. But its difficult to think straight when you're half asleep and desperately trying to stay awake to deal with a screaming baby. Oh must think i'm horrible the way I go on sometimes. The guilt is awful.

I look forward to the day she sttn.

Glad I'm not alone, I look at her innocent little face and often wonder how such horrible words can come out of my mouth towards her, its not like shes an exceptionally difficult baby either, she's actually really easy going. The guilt is awful.

I look forward to the day she sttn.

Whenever emily woke in the night for her feeds id often start crying after looking at her innocent little face and thinking about why i was being so mean to her for no reason, she as just hungry :shrug: xx

That moment you realise the baby monitor isn't switched on, only to find they have been crying for god knows how long :-(
My LO won't look at me, just keeps turning his red blotchy face away......

:hugs: That's happened to me twice too. I felt awful but she was fine.

Yep same, LO was just hungry and I was all like "why can't you just sleep??". Didn't even occur to me that that was why she woke in the first place:dohh:

I'm so glad this thread was all the way at the top. I have a 2 week newborn who keeps mauling her face with her fingernails, which yes we've been keeping mittened up. But last night after her bath DH and I decide to give trimming a go. And yes. I cut my daughters thumb. She bleed. I cried at least 5 times as long as she did. It was awful. 2 weeks old and I've already got a posting in the bad mothers thread *tear*

I'm so glad this thread was all the way at the top. I have a 2 week newborn who keeps mauling her face with her fingernails, which yes we've been keeping mittened up. But last night after her bath DH and I decide to give trimming a go. And yes. I cut my daughters thumb. She bleed. I cried at least 5 times as long as she did. It was awful. 2 weeks old and I've already got a posting in the bad mothers thread *tear*

I did this to my son when he was like two days old! Felt terrible about it especially cos I was still in the hospital and had to show the midwives what I'd done. They said don't worry, all the girls do it at some point! Now I just peel his nails instead.

My girls were napping so I decided to take a quick shower. When I got out, Tegan was crying. :nope: She'd dropped her pacifier and her face was all red. No idea how long she'd been crying, I was in the shower maybe 10 minutes, probably a little less. She was still sleeping and I actually had to wake her to get her to stop crying and take the pacifier back. She still gave me this look like, "Why didn't you come sooner, Mommy?" :cry: :cry: :cry: After I calmed her down I went to get dressed, and by the time I was done, she was already asleep again.

Last week Alexa had a horrible runny nose. As I was putting her in her car seat I noticed snot all over her face so I sat her down and grabbed a tissue. 5 minutes later as I was stopped at a red light I looked in the mirror and saw Alexa chilling in her carseat which was NOT BUCKLED. I was so sidetracked by all the green slime that I forgot to buckle her in!

Another incident: Alexa is learning to climb off the couch the right way (on her belly) as she was getting down I saw her about the step on a toy so I pulled it out from under her because I didn't want her to slip. I guess I distracted her because she went to look at what I moved and feel flat on her back on the hardwood floor along with a hard thump to the back of her head.

i am probably the worst mother there is, i hope this is guilt free
summer rose is not sleeping, she hasnt been sleeping for over a month now, its every hour and through the day she might sleep one or two hours but thats all. So i did the unthinkable, well what was done in my parents day and their parents day, i gave her a small teaspoon of brandy to help her sleep, needless to say it had the REVERSE effect and she was up and about smiling, giggling and playing until 6am :( :blush: so yeah no more EVER again. I guess its back to paracetamol and the odd bit of doctor prescribed baby phenergen which seems to work IF she chooses to comply and swallow it otherwise i give up

summer rose is not sleeping, she hasnt been sleeping for over a month now, its every hour and through the day she might sleep one or two hours but thats all. So i did the unthinkable, well what was done in my parents day and their parents day, i gave her a small teaspoon of brandy to help her sleep, needless to say it had the REVERSE effect and she was up and about smiling, giggling and playing until 6am :( :blush: so yeah no more EVER again. I guess its back to paracetamol and the odd bit of doctor prescribed baby phenergen which seems to work IF she chooses to comply and swallow it otherwise i give up

This is a guilt free thread but this behaviour is concerning, children shouldn't be drugged to sleep, with alcohol or medication. It's different if they're unwell or in pain with teething etc, and you need to give them painkillers to soothe them. Please get some help, OP. talk to your doctor, midwife, health visitor, friends, family, heck even post on here, there are some serious sleep experts on this forum. It's not easy, but there are other ways to do it.

This is a follow up to my last post about just giving in and letting my LO have free reign with the dog toys (tired of fighting both my LO and my dog!).

I just bought my LO his OWN dog toy to take on his first airplane ride and I thought to myself...what if someone recognizes that it's a dog toy that my almost 9 month old is chewing on?

It does have a description that fits for my LO right now tho! I feel like the worst mom right now for giving him dog toys lol.

"Designed to massage the gums and satisfy the urge to chew"

Attachments

• 23435540744537p.jpg
    23435540744537p.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 6
This is a follow up to my last post about just giving in and letting my LO have free reign with the dog toys (tired of fighting both my LO and my dog!).

I just bought my LO his OWN dog toy to take on his first airplane ride and I thought to myself...what if someone recognizes that it's a dog toy that my almost 9 month old is chewing on?

It does have a description that fits for my LO right now tho! I feel like the worst mom right now for giving him dog toys lol.

"Designed to massage the gums and satisfy the urge to chew"

:rofl:

Love it! Who cares if anyone notices, this is great! :thumbup:

Emily has tasted budweiser before, she dunked her finger in a bottle and licked it without any of us noticing :haha: i can see where your coming from and i'd 'maybe' even do something similar if i were desperate, can the dr not prescribe 'sleepy pills' where you crunch it up and put it in a yoghurt of something? my autistic brother had them for a long time because of his hyperactivity, and my sister also had them, heck, my mum and dad even slipped me a few so i would go to bed early :rofl: xx

This is a guilt free thread but this behaviour is concerning, children shouldn't be drugged to sleep, with alcohol or medication. It's different if they're unwell or in pain with teething etc, and you need to give them painkillers to soothe them. Please get some help, OP. talk to your doctor, midwife, health visitor, friends, family, heck even post on here, there are some serious sleep experts on this forum. It's not easy, but there are other ways to do it.

I lurk on this thread from time to time but felt the need to say from what I read, this thread is not meant to tell parents what to do and what not to do. Simply for somewhere they can write down their regrets. If you REALLY had a problem with it, maybe move it to PM so this thread can keep it's good intention. And I think it's really rude to tell someone to "get some help" There are better ways to say that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->