The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Corey loves watching OH & I make dinner so he usually either sits on the counter next to us or in a chair next to us while we cook. Last night while we were making dinner, he was sitting on the counter by OH while I was washing dishes & he reached over and grabbed the hot pan. :(
OH saw him going for it but didn't get to him in time. He didn't really cry, just let out a little wimper. I FELT TERRIBLE. Corey has never done that before, he knows when somethings hot he shouldn't touch. He actually says "hot, hot, hot" when we go near the pan we're using. Poor baby.

I was wondering why lo was playing in his cot and not sleeping as he was really tired before I put him in. after about 30 mins f him babbling away. I grabbed him. well the smell comming off him was horrendous!! biggest pooey nappy. he actually smiled as I was changing and stayed still for a change. it must have really bothered him.
sometimes when he wakes up from a nap I get annoyed coz I'm enjoying having baby free time and he goes and wakes up just as my hot coffee and chocolate gets layed out ready for snacking.

I was wondering why lo was playing in his cot and not sleeping as he was really tired before I put him in. after about 30 mins f him babbling away. I grabbed him. well the smell comming off him was horrendous!! biggest pooey nappy. he actually smiled as I was changing and stayed still for a change. it must have really bothered him.
sometimes when he wakes up from a nap I get annoyed coz I'm enjoying having baby free time and he goes and wakes up just as my hot coffee and chocolate gets layed out ready for snacking.

I eat my chocolate and hot coffee as soon as she's down. Housework can wait. Usually until she wakes again! (She's a 30 min napper)

Changed a poo diaper yesterday (apologies for being so graphic) it was sort of like rabbit pellets. Buzz was squirming everywhere but I managed to get his bum wiped and a clean diaper on. About 15 mins later I hear DH shouting "oh ewwwww thats disgusting!" Turns out a piece of the poo had escaped from the diaper and Buzz found it.

Yup - my child licked his own poo. Woulda eaten it if DH hadn't noticed what he was playing with.

*hangs head in complete shame*

Chloe is just learning how to sit unaided, and she was doing so well that i tried to take a picture. I was leaning to get my phone when she toppled over and hit her head and now she has a bruise and a little egg and I feel like the worst person ever. I feel awful, my poor baby! :(

Not so much a bad mummy as a bad fiancée:

While I put LO to bed at night, OH does the washing up...
Sometimes if LO goes off quickly then I stay up in his room and browse BnB on my phone for a while :blush:

Sometimes if LO goes off quickly then I stay up in his room and browse BnB on my phone for a while :blush:

Hee hee! Love it.!

:haha: "Wow, I can't believe how hard it was to put LO to bed tonight!"

Brilliant idea...I will be using this! hahaha

This sounds like me on a daily basis! :haha:

So today i opened the back door to let some air in and i was going to mow the lawn anyway. I heared the binmen empty our bins so i went out to the front to reclaim ours...couldnt have been 5 seconds SLAM front door shuts so im locked outside with Amy off in the land of nod and im panicking like fudge. Picture this a Disney ballerina hippo climbing on bins to climb over gates to realise its Waaaaaaay to high to jump the other side.

Thankfully our 90 year old neighbour was in so she let me climb over her garden fence (if anybody else pictures that wife at the Start of Police Academy you are not far off me!) Turns out for 16stone lady i am quite agile (managed to slip and had one foot on the top of the fence and the other one my grass)

Due to a mix up between me and my OH, all my LO ate today was scrambled egg yolk and salmon :blush:

At least he'll get big muscles :shrug:

I'm sure you'll get him back on a balanced diet tomorrow; one day isn't a big deal!

Today we did the weekly food shop. As I went to get lo out of her car seat when we got home, I noticed that I hadn't strapped her in properly and one of the shoulder straps was under her arm, I feel SO guilty. I must have not been concentrating properly when I strapped her in at the supermarket. Although I have no idea how I could have missed that! Thank god nothing bad happened on the way home, I dread to think:(

This is an embarrassing one - yesterday I was walking home with LO in the pushchair, I noticed a text from my sister so I rang her and walked along pushing the pushchair with one hand. I must have become complacent because I stopped concentrating on the pushchair and it almost fell off the curb. Feeling very irresponsible I ended the call to my sister, but as I looked down at the phone to end the call I ..... pushed the pushchair square into a lamppost!!! Mortified doesn't cover it, I'm soooooo embarrassed! LO was ok, he just had this look on his face as if to say 'what the hell are you trying to do to me?' and I felt so guilty. I had a quick scan around and I don't think anyone saw me, it wasn't on the main street thank goodness. But I'm blushing just writing this down! And I'm not telling DH, he already thinks I'm a lunatic but my mum had a good laugh about it. Urgh some days I just feel like a terrible parent, but if that's not a warning not to text and drive then I don't know what is! I don't do that BTW :)

I am at the end of my tether.

LO is usually a fantastic eater and scarfs down her food, but the past couple of days getting her to eat at dinner has been impossible and lunch is hit and miss. This morning she decided that she didn't want breakfast. Add to this, now she has decided to start screaming ALL THE TIME!

I snapped this morning and screamed at her, was none too gentle changing her bum and putting her down for a nap.

I went and took the garbage out and came back and she was whimpering. I feel so awful. Gave her a snuggle and now she is sleeping. I am the worst mom ever. Lord only knows how I'm going to handle things when she's older. Why the hell did I ever think I could be a mom. I suck at it. I really need a hug.

I was busy checking my phone yesterday and not paying attention to LO; next thing I knew she'd yanked a bunch of flowers out of the neighbor's yard :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->