The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Can I honestly say that I feel like a bad mom for pawning my baby off to my parents for a few hours this morning just so I can have a break? I think she'll feel like I don't want her around or something. Ridiculous, I know, but I am having a hard time just relaxing and enjoying the time. Guilt.

Can I honestly say that I feel like a bad mom for pawning my baby off to my parents for a few hours this morning just so I can have a break? I think she'll feel like I don't want her around or something. Ridiculous, I know, but I am having a hard time just relaxing and enjoying the time. Guilt.

Course not! whenever my OH goes out i beg him to take emily (mostly because she loves going out) but also so i can get the house work done and relax with our 3 month old! and when he wasnt yet here, i'd surf the internet for hours :) xx

I send the kids off to grandparents a lot atm :blush: Don't feel bad, everyone needs to relax sometimes :hugs:

I am at the end of my tether.

LO is usually a fantastic eater and scarfs down her food, but the past couple of days getting her to eat at dinner has been impossible and lunch is hit and miss. This morning she decided that she didn't want breakfast. Add to this, now she has decided to start screaming ALL THE TIME!

I snapped this morning and screamed at her, was none too gentle changing her bum and putting her down for a nap.

I went and took the garbage out and came back and she was whimpering. I feel so awful. Gave her a snuggle and now she is sleeping. I am the worst mom ever. Lord only knows how I'm going to handle things when she's older. Why the hell did I ever think I could be a mom. I suck at it. I really need a hug.

:hugs: We all find it difficult at times, don't be too hard on yourself.

I am at the end of my tether.

LO is usually a fantastic eater and scarfs down her food, but the past couple of days getting her to eat at dinner has been impossible and lunch is hit and miss. This morning she decided that she didn't want breakfast. Add to this, now she has decided to start screaming ALL THE TIME!

I snapped this morning and screamed at her, was none too gentle changing her bum and putting her down for a nap.

I went and took the garbage out and came back and she was whimpering. I feel so awful. Gave her a snuggle and now she is sleeping. I am the worst mom ever. Lord only knows how I'm going to handle things when she's older. Why the hell did I ever think I could be a mom. I suck at it. I really need a hug.

Well, don't I feel like a schmuck! Took a gander at LO's bottom gum (took a bit of fighting because she stick her tongue out every time) and there are two little lines there. Looks like she's got a couple of teeth coming out. :dohh:

The last half an hour has just been one big parenting fail!! :dohh:

Put Micah in front of Cbeebies so I could make us breakfast. Piled toys up in front of the tv so that I could leave the room (you can see into the living room from where I was in the kitchen and I thought the living room was pretty baby proofed) I bring in the breakfast and he is sitting with the bin lid on the floor next to him, chewing on a dirty tissue!

Ugh :dohh: all I can think is thank god I emptied it last night or it could have been a dirty nappy he was munching on! :sick:

we are co sleepin most of the time at night and after oh left for the military, mia and I moved down from our room to my parents living room which is right outside my moms room incase i needed help. Well we've been sleeping in a recliner which has been working well especially for mias reflux. Last night as i'm dreaming away all of a sudden i feel her start slipping and by the time i'm fully alert she was about to hit the floor. i feel like such a bad mommy letting her drop. she whimpered a little bit but never woke all the way up. looks like we need to move back up into the bed cause she's wiggling to much at night.. i just cant believe i dropped my baby

I accidentally left Robyn to cry.

She's upstairs in bed, we're watching TV downstairs. I have the monitor on, it's a video monitor and I have it on automute so the sound only cuts in when she makes a noise.

The sound turned on but I could only hear static. Watching the monitor, she was tossing and turning so I figured that was what made the sound turn on. I carried on watching and she tossed and turned some more, the static kept going on and off. Then I heard her crying upstairs over the sound of the TV- the sound on the monitor was turned right down and she'd been crying the whole time and only just got loud enough for us to hear! By the time I got upstairs she was pretty peed off with me :(

Omg I'm having such a bad day.
Had the most stressful 2 weeks staying in Wales with my nan to look after her following a knee replacement 3 weeks ago. She was discharged into my grandads care 3 weeks ago, but he collapsed 2 weeks ago and in now in hospital with a terminal brain tumor.
Had my nan and son to look after, only getting 3 hours sleep a night!
I got back this Friday afternoon, not only to find we had my 7 year old niece staying for the weekend, but our boiler has leaked while I was away and I came home to a flooded kitchen (my oh lived on takeaways and never noticed 😁).
I came hope to an absolute shit tip of a house. OH had started clearing the shed - by moving all the contents to my dining room.....then leaving it there! 3 fridges, 3 desk chairs etc etc
My son has a cold and has done nothing but grizzle and be naughty, and has started biting me. I shouted at him, tapped his bum and put him in te out because I just didnt know what else to do, and I'm usually so calm 😢
My niece also ran rings around us all weekend, and its only now she's gone we've pieced things together and she was playing us off against each other and stole food - she got through a giant bar of dairy milk, half a large bag of maltesars, an aero bar, 3 mini milky ways, 3 mini bags of buttons and ten lollies!!!! That's what we know of!!! Cheeky madam! No wonder she wasn't hungry!!!!
I also went through massive pain with my arthritis and asthma and went on a bike ride to the park with a picnic for her - only for her to tell her mum and grandma my oh took her as I couldn't be bothered so I stayed home!!!!! Ungrateful miss!!!!.

My son is now in bed, wide awake chatting to himself but I just don't have the energy to go sort him out to get him to sleep.

We are ttc #2, but I've poured myself a glass of red wine and I'm sat here wondering why on earth we are trying when we can't cope with the one we have! 😢
So stressed right now and actually can't wait to get to work tomorrow for a bloody rest 😜

Oh no, 2 posts in 2 days!

Robyn has started sitting unaided, and she's getting too big for the lie down baby seats in the shopping trolleys at the supermarket. So I put her in the toddler seat, strapped in tightly of course.

We went to look at the baby clothes, and I noticed Robyn was looking past me and smiling. I turned to see who she was smiling at, and when I turned back she just toppled sideways in the seat, I tried to catch her but was too slow and she banged her head really hard on the side of the trolley. It took a moment for her to register and start screaming. Then she was still quite upset through most of the shopping. I was in 2 minds whether to take her to a and e, but then she settled down after we got home and she was back to her normal self. It took a few hours for the red mark to fade though.

Oh no, 2 posts in 2 days!

Robyn has started sitting unaided, and she's getting too big for the lie down baby seats in the shopping trolleys at the supermarket. So I put her in the toddler seat, strapped in tightly of course.

Its really hard when they are at this in between stage, we have had trolley issues too! :)

This weekend I had set my little guy in his snug a monkey swing with me sitting right next to him on the floor. We never use it anymore because he usual gets angry the seconds we put him in it. That day though he was pretty relaxed so I set him in it and he was gazing at the spinning monkies and looking at himself in the mirror. Until I heard CLICK CLICK CLICK and he had a hold on the monkey and the mobile was buckling. I laughed and tied them up a bit higher. I also didnt have him buckled in :blush: because I was literally sitting right next to him and the swing wasnt going. I was looking at my phone... AGAIN BAD and I turn my head to see him dangleing off with his tummy on the swing and his toes touching the floor. SMILING!!:dohh:

I immediatly had a panick attack and was beating myself up over it but in the end had to chuckle... little dude is growing up and the chaos has begun.

The trolley thing is easy done, the seats aren't designed well at all, I used I tuck a blanket all round him to pad it out, three reasons, he wouldn't slide as much, if he did slide he wouldn't bump himself as hard and it stopped him chewing the trolley.

My bad mummy? I peeled two stickers off of his reward chart as he was almost due a reward and dh lost his job last week so we can't really afford one at the moment (usually he gets a little toy car or a t-shirt)

The trolley thing is easy done, the seats aren't designed well at all, I used I tuck a blanket all round him to pad it out, three reasons, he wouldn't slide as much, if he did slide he wouldn't bump himself as hard and it stopped him chewing the trolley.

My bad mummy? I peeled two stickers off of his reward chart as he was almost due a reward and dh lost his job last week so we can't really afford one at the moment (usually he gets a little toy car or a t-shirt)

Could you do something free as a reward?

We found a bag of corgi cars in mils attic from when dh was a kid, we were going to sell them but I've taken a few out and hidden them as future rewards, I let him earn extra stars today so he got his reward. I fel so guilty! Ill never do it again ill figure out some other free reward first!

Awww :hugs: tanya, I'm sure Flynn feels he's a very lucky boy whether his rewards are new or otherwise :thumbup:

(& I'm sure he won't know anyway)

He's a lucky boy to have such a thoughtful & resourceful mum who's teaching him good behavior.
xx

We found a bag of corgi cars in mils attic from when dh was a kid, we were going to sell them but I've taken a few out and hidden them as future rewards, I let him earn extra stars today so he got his reward. I fel so guilty! Ill never do it again ill figure out some other free reward first!

Great idea! :hugs: P.S. I hope my post before didn't make you feel worse. I was rushed and it sounds a bit blunt reading it back but my intention was to help and not to criticise. You have nothing to feel guilty about, he will never know and he's lucky to have such a caring mummy, he won't miss material things. Xxx

I put Chloe on the bed, turned away, and then she fell off the bed!! she hardly cried and is fine but I feel so awful. Poor girl, bad mummy!

I had Chantal sitting on the floor playing with some of her toys and went to my bedroom to change after a run and suddenly I heard a thump and she started crying. Ran in and, sure enough, she had fallen over. Her head was right next to the foot of her crib! I don't think she hit her head because she settled pretty quick after a little snuggle, but I felt horrible!

This morning (7.30) i couldn't hear Amy breathing so i had the worse pop into my head, launched myself out of bed and poked her...not hard...but enough for her to wake and give me the "im going to make you pay for waking me" look

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->