The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I caught DS's willy with my nail when I changed his nappy! :-( his bottom lip popped out ready to cry but I managed to distract him before he started.. Phew!

after swearing blind that DS would get ONLY veggies and NO sweet stuff when we started to wean, i now have to sneak anything that isn't a petit filous into his mouth using various methods of distraction, cunning and interspersing mouthfuls of what he does not deign to eat with sips from his bottle.

le sigh :(

I love this thread!

Was out with 8 month old DS a few weeks ago for lunch in a pub. He would only stop crying if holding my steak knife...and found myself saying, to stop him crying, 'Here, hold mummy's knife..'

Then we got a few looks...
:shy::shy::shy:

I love this thread!

Was out with 8 month old DS a few weeks ago for lunch in a pub. He would only stop crying if holding my steak knife...and found myself saying, to stop him crying, 'Here, hold mummy's knife..'

Then we got a few looks...
:shy::shy::shy:
:rofl:

I have one today :-( I was waiting at a crossing for the green man, and there were a crowd of us waiting for the lights to change. We'd been waiting a while and I was looking at my phone (bad mummy) so when everyone started to cross in just walked across the road.. at a leisurely pace, buggy out in front of me still looking at my phone.. When I suddenly realised that cars were beeping us! The other people had just crossed in a brief gap between cars and had sped ahead of us! We were so lucky. I felt like such an idiot and it could have been so much worse :-(

My first confession in 10.5 months..in this thread lol. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty I've done wrong but I mostly brush it off. Last night though, LO and I were on the couch...we have 4 "cubes" that are pushed together to make it "like" a bed and we were both on the edge-ish..I was on my phone and he was getting restless but I was trying to finish up what I was doing...I turned around to put my phone down and go to grab him and he literally LUNGES onto the floor. Face first..nose straight into the ground. I was less than an inch away from him and I feel like I just sat there and LET it happen!!!! I felt so bad I started bawling even though he was perfectly fine and even smiling when I picked him up. UGH!!!

First time posting here! I was taking my LO to nurture group, we got in the car as usual and off we went. When I arrived I opened the back car door to unhook the car seat when I realised I hadn't strapped it in! Luckily I think the weight of LO kept it in place but I felt so awful! Couldn't believe I'd been so stupid because I'm always so particular in making sure the seat is secure when using my car as the bracket is fitted in my OHs car.

Also the other day I accidentally jabbed LO in the nose with my thumb nail when we were at her grandmas house. She put on this proper pet lip and started this really sad cry! :'( but hugs from me and grandma was all she needed and it was all forgotten. I still felt mean, so must cut my nails again!

I picked lo up from nursery on Friday and they mentioned that he was being very clingy. I told them to ignore it, not pick him up and distract him unless he was crying for a nappy / nap etc. I told them he is very good at crocodile tears and is a smart cookie at getting what he wants. Turns out he has chicken pox..... :blush:

I was asked in a shop a few days ago how old Macie was, to which I replied 3 and a half weeks, she then asked what i had called her....... I couldn't remember!!! It took a good few seconds for me to answer her, I blamed it on tiredness!! How embarrassing!

^ That happened to me too.

Ok I'm having a hard day w/ Dennis today, he was crying non stop for hours and he stopped when I turned the tv on. Now he watches The Penguins of Madagascar ( he is obsessed with penguins) and is happy and quiet. This is sooo wrong in so many levels, but mommy needs a break.

:) It's not wrong to occasionally let your baby watch TV...it's when you do it constantly and/or use it as a replacement for parenting that it becomes an issue.

Everyone needs a break sometimes!

Last night OH and i were watching a movie and nathan was in his crib. He was being a bit gurney so we left him to it, but after 10 minutes i thought something wasnt right as he had gotten louder and when i checked on him, he had pulled his shawl and his little crib duvet over his face :dohh: xx

When jonathan was a few days old i was so tired and stupidly left a burb cloth on the side of his bassinet. I woke up and he was fussing.. checked five min later and it was over his face. God i felt awful!!

Was out for lunch with my friend yesterday. LO has just started grabbing things, and was sitting on my knee. My lunch tray with a plastic knife and fork was on the table. Before I had a chance to blink, LO had grabbed the fork and it was headed straight for his eye!! I managed to get it off him just in time, but jeezo it was SO fast!! Deffo taught me a lesson!

Haven't posted here for a while (but have had a few mishaps as do most of us:winkwink:) but the other day something happened that made me feel a little sick. LO was playing on our bed (which she has fallen off before) I now make double sure she can't slip off the bed. She has become a REALLY fast crawler, one second she was at the back of the bed near the wall and the next she's at the edge of the bed nose diving off into a big paper Tescos home paper bag full of decorations for her 1st birthday. Her little bottom and feet flew up in the air as she tumbled of the bed! I was literally turned away for a split second to grab a nappy to change her. I flew to her aid (which was literally 1 foot away!) and flipped her over like a pancake as she fell. She flipped upright and her head flicked forward a little and she looked startled like she couldn't quite understand why she wasn't in the bag with her feet in the air. I grabbed a new toy I had just brought that day from a charity shop and pressed the buttons so that she was distracted straight away and luckily she never cried. I stood there feeling sick as I listened to my hubby joking with my bro and parents downstairs oblivious to the bad mummy upstairs. :cry:

I had surgery to remove my gallbladder on Friday. I felt so bad basically ignoring my daughter all weekend. She kept crying for mommy and I couldn't do much for her. Every time I tried to pick her up, she would climb me which hurt. Hubby had to go back to work today, so I had to take care of her alone until 6pm when he got home. I sat on the floor and tried to play with her as much as I could, but it hurt. She kept getting upset whenever I had to get up off the floor.

Aww hun i got my gallbladdee out a few months before i got pregnant.. it was awful. My ex had to carry me to the bathroom and i lived in my recliner for days. Can not imagine having to look after lo while recovering :hugs:

Aww hun i got my gallbladdee out a few months before i got pregnant.. it was awful. My ex had to carry me to the bathroom and i lived in my recliner for days. Can not imagine having to look after lo while recovering :hugs:

It's definitely been hard. I have a bruise on my side and a really bad one around my belly button. It's all yellow and purple and makes moving around pretty hard. My daughter keeps using my legs to pull herself up and then she jumps all over me. It hurts, but she's just started pulling up and I don't want to stop her because she gets so excited when she does it.

Oh you poor thing. Maybe im a wuss.. but i really couldnt even move around by myself for a good few days! I was so sore. Id have a c section over that anyday lol (my son was born via sec)

I have pms and I'm so irritated by everything today. Lo wouldn't go to sleep at 2 for her nap, just kept standing up. Instead of helping her to lie down and sleep i left her and when she cried i hoovered the downstairs and when i finished i went up to her and lay her down and she went to sleep straight away. But only coz she had screamed the entire time i vacumed. And now i have to wake her or she won't sleep tonight! Grrr. Bad mum today!

I had surgery to remove my gallbladder on Friday. I felt so bad basically ignoring my daughter all weekend. She kept crying for mommy and I couldn't do much for her. Every time I tried to pick her up, she would climb me which hurt. Hubby had to go back to work today, so I had to take care of her alone until 6pm when he got home. I sat on the floor and tried to play with her as much as I could, but it hurt. She kept getting upset whenever I had to get up off the floor.

hi hun i had my gallbladder out 6 weeks ago i was in hospital for 9 days :( n felt like the worse mum in the world i couldnt even hold her thank god im better now hope your not too sore :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->