The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I go to great pains to keep my baby out of the sun, but went for a walk yesterday and DH has the pram. I know he stayed in the shade whenever he could, but he doesn't throw a blanket over the pram in the sun like I do, and this morning I'm sure her face is a little pinker than usual. Going out for sun block and a parasol today!

My guilty confession is I woke up so sick this morning that I had to call my mum to bring me cold and flu medicine because OH was working in another town. When she arrived she seen how sick I was and insisted she take LO for the night, I feel so bad for it.
She is great with Riley and he is great for her, and he stays with her regularly... I just felt bad, not everyone has the privilege to have family around to help. We moved 1000 miles once lo was born so we could have it, now when I need it I feel bad using it!! What is wrong with me? :(

I had surgery to remove my gallbladder on Friday. I felt so bad basically ignoring my daughter all weekend. She kept crying for mommy and I couldn't do much for her. Every time I tried to pick her up, she would climb me which hurt. Hubby had to go back to work today, so I had to take care of her alone until 6pm when he got home. I sat on the floor and tried to play with her as much as I could, but it hurt. She kept getting upset whenever I had to get up off the floor.

hi hun i had my gallbladder out 6 weeks ago i was in hospital for 9 days :( n felt like the worse mum in the world i couldnt even hold her thank god im better now hope your not too sore :) xxx

Oh, that must have been hard. I had surgery around 11am and went home at 3:15pm. I am 10 days past surgery today and feeling much better. I saw the surgeon this morning for my follow-up and he said everything looks good.

I had surgery to remove my gallbladder on Friday. I felt so bad basically ignoring my daughter all weekend. She kept crying for mommy and I couldn't do much for her. Every time I tried to pick her up, she would climb me which hurt. Hubby had to go back to work today, so I had to take care of her alone until 6pm when he got home. I sat on the floor and tried to play with her as much as I could, but it hurt. She kept getting upset whenever I had to get up off the floor.

hi hun i had my gallbladder out 6 weeks ago i was in hospital for 9 days :( n felt like the worse mum in the world i couldnt even hold her thank god im better now hope your not too sore :) xxx

Oh, that must have been hard. I had surgery around 11am and went home at 3:15pm. I am 10 days past surgery today and feeling much better. I saw the surgeon this morning for my follow-up and he said everything looks good.

aw thats great glad you are feeling better x

I just pinched his little leg skin in his bouncer clip and now he has a blood blister. He screamed louder than when he had his injection and now I feel absolutely terrible. Very bad mummy. What is wrong with me? :-(

I just pinched his little leg skin in his bouncer clip and now he has a blood blister. He screamed louder than when he had his injection and now I feel absolutely terrible. Very bad mummy. What is wrong with me? :-(

I did this the other day too when clipping her in the Bumbo :(

Wow I feel like a horrible, shitty mom :cry: OH came home from work around midnight last night and I was sleeping. I get cranky when I'm woken up and he's just banging around the living room, lost a piece to the AC to turn it up and couldn't find it so that was frustrating me, we started arguing (won't bore you w/ the details!) LO was awake at this point, kinda half awake out of it... Anyways OH started SCREAMING at me and I started SCREAMING at him and LO got sooo scared he hurried and crawled to me so fast to hold him while OH just kept going on and on and it felt like he was shaking almost like a dog does when they get scared. He just had me hold him for the longest time. I felt so bad for scaring my poor baby boy like that. I just cried and cried and want to cry even now :cry: We never argue like that, we used to but not anymore, we were both exhausted and not thinking straight. God, I feel TERRIBLE!!! I will never do that ever again around him.

I had my 5 month old boy sitting inbetween my legs and my 7 month old nephew siting next to us. My FIL passed me some chicken and a knife and fork (we were having a BBQ) I was just about to get up so I can go eat when I saw my nephew about to face plant the floor so I went to catch him b4 he hit the floor with his face, forgetting I'd got a knife in my other hand and hit my LO in the face with my knife!!!!!

Luckily it wasn't very hard and it didn't mark him but omg I've never felt so bad in my life. I dread to think what could of happend :(

Wow I feel like a horrible, shitty mom :cry: OH came home from work around midnight last night and I was sleeping. I get cranky when I'm woken up and he's just banging around the living room, lost a piece to the AC to turn it up and couldn't find it so that was frustrating me, we started arguing (won't bore you w/ the details!) LO was awake at this point, kinda half awake out of it... Anyways OH started SCREAMING at me and I started SCREAMING at him and LO got sooo scared he hurried and crawled to me so fast to hold him while OH just kept going on and on and it felt like he was shaking almost like a dog does when they get scared. He just had me hold him for the longest time. I felt so bad for scaring my poor baby boy like that. I just cried and cried and want to cry even now :cry: We never argue like that, we used to but not anymore, we were both exhausted and not thinking straight. God, I feel TERRIBLE!!! I will never do that ever again around him.

:hugs: you are not a horrible mum, you were overtired and got caught up in the argument without thinking. We did the same once, LO was teeny tiny so not clinging to me yet but we scared him enough to make him cry. It felt awful and I vowed never again.. I expect one day it will though :-( Be reassured that at his age LO will have forgotten it by now and one bad experience isn't going to overwrite all the wonderful ones. :hugs:

I feel like a shit mom.

Asher is usually really patient when it comes to meals but he didn't eat much lunch so he was really hungry by the time supper came around. He was in his high chair and screaming down the house because he was so hungry and frustrated and I got flustered and overwhelmed so I plunked his bowl of stew down in front of him.

After I dished it up, I set it on the cupboard to dish mine up and I was going to put his in the freezer to cool off but the phone rang and by the time I hung up (due to his screaming) I just grabbed it off the counter and set it down in front of him.

He burnt his little mouth (which made him scream even more) and now I feel like complete garbage. He's currently happy and is currently eating a banana while watching Full House but damn it, I still feel awful.

:hugs: you are not a horrible mum, you were overtired and got caught up in the argument without thinking. We did the same once, LO was teeny tiny so not clinging to me yet but we scared him enough to make him cry. It felt awful and I vowed never again.. I expect one day it will though :-( Be reassured that at his age LO will have forgotten it by now and one bad experience isn't going to overwrite all the wonderful ones. :hugs:

:hugs: thanks

James was refusing any food with lumps today. I made him organic pasta with butter and peas. Refused to eat it. I tried to open his mouth and ended up hurting his sensitive gums because he's teething :(. Worst mom ever. I just want him to eat.

James was refusing any food with lumps today. I made him organic pasta with butter and peas. Refused to eat it. I tried to open his mouth and ended up hurting his sensitive gums because he's teething :(. Worst mom ever. I just want him to eat.

How old is he? Isla was like this a few weeks ago, had been fine for weeks with lumps £ then started gagging for no (known reason) 2 days later she was sick and had diarrhea, so I think she was just feeling sick & not wanting to eat.

If he's still taking his fluids I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep offering food & he'll eventually get back to normal, you're not a bad mummy :hugs:

x

I accidentally cut my LO mouth with a stupid teddy with plastic glasses on it, it bled and everything :( I tried to find the cut but I couldn't see anything and it stopped bleeding straight away but I felt realllllly bad!! And threw the stupid teddy away

This confession is 3 years too late (I've been living in denial and hate ever talking about this) but when my son was about 4-5 days old, I was breastfeeding him in my rocking chair and he fell asleep in my arms, so I continued rocking and due to the lack of sleep, I was absolutely knackered, so I accidently fell asleep too and he rolled out of my arms onto the floor. It was the worst experience of my life. I was going through the baby blues period and thought I'd done something to damage him and didn't admit it to anyone for a few days because I was so embarrassed and sad. Now - I realize how overdramatic I was and how perfect he is now! :D Maybe me dropping him on his head, did him some good, somehow?

My husband invited some friends over for dinner, and I'm trying to catch up on housework before they get here. Was nursing my son who is not a good napper anyway, and he drifted off -- just after very obviously pooping in his diaper! So I slowly scooted him off of me with the boppy pillow and left him propped up, and asleep and am now cleaning (well that's obviously a lie, I'm on BnB :haha:) without changing him. He normally only does short naps, but I'm sure murphy's law dictates he'll take a nice long one now!!

Nevermind! Nap lasted all of 15 minutes and when he woke up, he proceeded to fill his diaper some more :wacko: Glad I didn't waste a diaper!

Oh please tell me this has happened to you all??!! Feel awful :-(

I put DS on the bed on propped up on the pillow, I thought central enough, and it seems overnight he has got the strength to throw himself forwards... I heard a big clatter and he was on the wooden floor! He screamed so much that he threw up but quite quickly felt better but I am still traumatised! My poor baby :-( it was so frightening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->