The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

It finally happened LO fell off the sofa! She fell asleep ther so I left her and I went to the toilet and came back and she started coughing really hard and as I walked into the room she rolled on her side and kinda rolled off the sofa (its pretty low and theres a soft rug so wasnt to bad)
But I literally moved soooooooo fast I was a blur and grabbed her as she fell she didnt even cry just look like what the hell is going on and went back to sleep!!

I no it happens alot but I need to be more careful now! I think it wad worse for me than her tbh

Nico was being kinda clingy today, so I was carrying him around while trying to get everything ready to go out. I bent down to unplug my phone charger and bumped my little monkeys head into the door :( He just looked at me with a shocked expression then slapped the door and said bold.

(We don't slap him, he knows he can only slap things like doors, floors, desks...whatever he happens to bump into)

Me again :nope: Except this time it wasn't directly me, more OH. LO likes to look out of our window a lot and play with the blinds. Sometimes the string, and I KNOW it's dangerous so I watch him while he plays and if I can't, I put it up. Anyways, OH wasn't paying attention and LO went to throw a fit (he throws himself forward when he's mad) and OH said he like stopped mid throw and he didn't know why (Honestly, I don't know how he DIDN'T see the string but he felt bad as it was) apparently the string got caught around his poor neck. OH realized after a second and got it off of him but it did leave a little mark :cry: I feel so bad for my LO and that I LET him play with the string so now he thinks it's okay and OH obviously didn't think it was crucial to be watching him at that time! Honestly, I'm upset with OH but I know mistakes happen so I'm keeping it to myself. God knows I've made more mistakes than I'd like to admit and I'd hate for him to make me feel worse about it!

My first one, I left the room to go the toilet and closed (as always the dog gate behind me to keep him out that part of the flat, he crawled after me so fast he couldn't stop and bashed his head straight on the bars. Poor little guy screamed! I picked him up and rocked on my shoulder, aww I felt so bad for rushing, I needed the loo so bad but took me ages in the end!

My boy has only had one nap today and he is very tired. He fell asleep for 10 min on our way home from visiting grandparents but woke up when getting him out of the carseat. I let him stay up about 20 min but it's 9 pm now so I put him down to sleep but he keeps talking and yelling. He's so tired, I'm tired, and I just need a break..so ready to break down right now..and feel like a bad mom for wanting him to just go to sleep

My little guy is just starting to eat solids and I was eating some thick soup and thought he would like to try it. I didn't have a baby spoon and thought it would be ok to use a regular metal spoon as long as I kept ahold of it too. He grabbed it and shoved it in his mouth so hard that he got cut on the back of his mouth :( it was bleeding and he cried so hard, he seemed to recover fairly quickly and I think I cried more then he did, but I feel like such a complete dumb ass. Who lets a baby eat with a metal spoon?:cry::cry::cry: I'm such a crappy mama :(

I feel so ill today that I fully intend to sit my dd infront of the tv for as long as possible and feed my ds to sleep for every nap.

Me again :nope: Except this time it wasn't directly me, more OH. LO likes to look out of our window a lot and play with the blinds. Sometimes the string, and I KNOW it's dangerous so I watch him while he plays and if I can't, I put it up. Anyways, OH wasn't paying attention and LO went to throw a fit (he throws himself forward when he's mad) and OH said he like stopped mid throw and he didn't know why (Honestly, I don't know how he DIDN'T see the string but he felt bad as it was) apparently the string got caught around his poor neck. OH realized after a second and got it off of him but it did leave a little mark :cry: I feel so bad for my LO and that I LET him play with the string so now he thinks it's okay and OH obviously didn't think it was crucial to be watching him at that time! Honestly, I'm upset with OH but I know mistakes happen so I'm keeping it to myself. God knows I've made more mistakes than I'd like to admit and I'd hate for him to make me feel worse about it!
Hoping this makes ya feel better.. I did this to myself by accident when I was 15 jumped off my bedding box and god knows what happened but I nearly strangled myself until it snapped lol always wondered what are the odds of it getting round my head etc and it's probably 1 in a million but it happened.. accidents will happen Xxxx

I feel guilty about how much envy I have over baby hair!! DD1 was bald until almost 2. She has very very fine hair now, can just about get a pony tail out of it! One of my dreams whilst pregnant would be to have a baby with hair and DD2 popped out with a reasonable amount of dark hair which literally all fell out and shes now got sparse blonde hair. Sigh.
Seems silly to be so obsessional over it but grrrrr, I want a baby with hair by their first birthday!

I feel guilty about how much envy I have over baby hair!! DD1 was bald until almost 2. She has very very fine hair now, can just about get a pony tail out of it! One of my dreams whilst pregnant would be to have a baby with hair and DD2 popped out with a reasonable amount of dark hair which literally all fell out and shes now got sparse blonde hair. Sigh.
Seems silly to be so obsessional over it but grrrrr, I want a baby with hair by their first birthday!

Aw im kinda the same about baby hair all through out pregnancy I was hoping shed have loadsa hair and she had a decent amount then it all fell out at the front so she looked like she had a receding hairline!. She has an okay amount of hair now but im determined to have a little ponytail on top for her first birthday even if its only got about 3 hairs in it!!

I think its usually blonde babies tgat are bald and dark haired babys have more hair thats what iv noticed anyway.

One of my sons ate a magic grow capsule today without my even noticing. I sat them down to eat a snack of puffs and he kept coughing until he finally coughed up a dolphin. He coughed up a small sponge DOLPHIN. He seemed completely unbothered by it, too (meanwhile, I'm trying not to get hysterical in front of them)
Before that, I left one of my sons to play in the bathroom while I filled the dog's water bowl with my dolphin-eating son and my other one got his fingers caught in the door jam on the hinge side. I had to try to push his bitty fingers out with a book from the other side because I was afraid of smashing them more and he just wouldn't take them out for what seemed like forever! Finally he got his fingers out and I took them outside (which seems to cure all cries for some reason). His fingers are still fully functional, thank heavens.
Both these things happened before 8am. Lots of time yet for the day to go downhill still or, hopefully uphill! Had to get it off my chest because I'm not sure I want to tell anyone in my day-to-day life that one of my boys ate a dolphin and I let the other smash his fingers in a door... aurgh

I didn't act on my anger, but I was just so so frustrated with Ariana yesterday. She wouldn't nap and was super grumpy. I hate that I felt so angry with her.

Nico always follows me in to the bathroom and then closes the door. I was dyyyying for a pee and rushed to the bathroom while he was playing in the living room with my OH. As usual he jumped up when he heard the bathroom door close and followed me in. He closed the door and started making Oooh ooh noises, I asked what was wrong but he just stood looking at me saying Oooh ooh so I asked again what was wrong. It was only then that I noticed he had closed the door on his fingers and they were actually stuck in between the door and the frame :dohh: I felt so bad that I didn't notice it earlier but apart from him Oooh noises he didn't seem to be bothered. As soon as I got his fingers out he kissed them then went to the bath to get his toy dolphin so he could play with it.

Micah has a big bruise above his eyebrow :'(
He was playing on our bed with us when he spotted balloons out of the window and suddenly threw himself towards the windowsill. I had a glass on there so I grabbed him quickly by the arm to pull him back but he twisted and hit his head hard on the windowsill :'( he now has a swollen bruise just above his eye! I feel terrible! He cried A LOT he's playing normally now but I feel so terrible.

I don't really have a particular story at the moment, just feeling kind of blah at the moment, hoping I'm a good enough mommy. I feel badly when I let her play by herself so that I can get some dishes or laundry done. I know it's silly. We aren't supposed to cuddle or play with our LO's 24/7. I think I give her enough attention but what if I don't? My only BnB time is when she's napping, so at least I'm not ignoring her while playing online.

Aw im kinda the same about baby hair all through out pregnancy I was hoping shed have loadsa hair and she had a decent amount then it all fell out at the front so she looked like she had a receding hairline!. She has an okay amount of hair now but im determined to have a little ponytail on top for her first birthday even if its only got about 3 hairs in it!!

I think its usually blonde babies tgat are bald and dark haired babys have more hair thats what iv noticed anyway.

That is how it is for us. My daughter is blonde and just starting to get some hair now at 11 months old but definitely not enough to do anything with. I want her to get some hair so I can put cute bows in it and stuff.

Yesterday evening OH put nathan upstairs for his second nap of the day and turned the bedroom monitor on. However, he forgot to turn on the one in the kitchen (happens to us all the time for some reason) and I had the tv volume up quite loud. I eventually heard bangs coming from upstairs and OH brings nathan downstairs and the poor little guy was crying his wee eyes out and his face was red from crying, felt sooo bad! He felt a million times better after having his dinner and so did I, safe to say I always remind OH about the kitchen monitor from now on!

Mia was on my hip while we were shopping and I walked out the door of the store and she leaned back smacked her forehead on the door than we were at the post office and she did the same thing only to the back of her head! I felt so bad that I wasn't watching her head well enough Now I will only carry her in the front out the door.

I seriously just had to walk outside and cool down.. My baby is being soooo fussy today and has been due for a nap for 2 hours and guess what he is still doing. Sitting in his play pen screaming at me (not crying). I just don't know how to get him to calm down for a nap today ugh :/ I feel like a bad mommy right now

Mia was on my hip while we were shopping and I walked out the door of the store and she leaned back smacked her forehead on the door than we were at the post office and she did the same thing only to the back of her head! I felt so bad that I wasn't watching her head well enough Now I will only carry her in the front out the door.

I've accidentally hit LO's head off of door frames a few times I'm ashamed to say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->