The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I feel bad today. I'm not feeling great, I've got a cold. I have been letting my daughter play alone quite a bit and have put a few episodes of The Wiggles on for her (she likes to dance to it, she doesn't just sit there and watch). She's got a little bit of a cold coming on too and I don't want to pass it to her and make it worse so I've been trying to avoid cuddling her and being too close.

Colds are crap, we're just getting over ours here and everyone I talk to seems to have one. Nico is usually great but when he has a cold he becomes clingy and his sleep is interrupted every hour or so, it's horrible. Soooo I've been keeping him in, the furthest he went is the shop (once) about 10 minutes away and he was wrapped up like the michelin man. We have to go out today for stuff as my OH is in work and I'm quite tempted to leave his rain cover on so when people cough/sneeze he's more protected than usual :blush:

I'm not usually so OTT about things, but I hate seeing him sick and EVERYONE seems to have some sort of flu/cold/virus thing right now.

Oh and another bad mommy thing ._. I had the tv on while sorting breakfast earlier, Miley Cyrus - Wrecking ball came on and he stood staring at it and doing his little wiggle dance. Soooooo after breakfast, I put the video on youtube so I could have 2 minutes to sit and enjoy my coffee :blush:

I dipped my babies dummy in jam to try get him to take it. I just want to sleep!!!

Love this thread. A while ago getting my 5 children ready and out the door for school, just about to close the door to do the school run,,my 5 year old says, where's Adam.( my 3 month old ) he was still asleep in bed..
Totally forget about him,,I normally leave him till last to get ready...
I like to think I would of remembered when I got in the car..lol. Xxx
Wasn't funny at the time couldn't, stop crying about what I nearly did...

Mia is suppose to be asleep but her ear is bugging her so shes not sleeping well.. So she is currently rolling around on the floor while mom tries to get a bite to eat. Well she rolled and found my new sneakers and they kept her happy so i let her sit and chew on them.. opps lol They are pretty clean and i'm so tired, hungry, and frustrated..

love this thread, makes me giggle.

dd and i were visiting a friend who has recently had a baby. i had dd in her carseat in one hand and the gift bag in the other hand. when i went to open the gate i put the gift bag in the same hand as i was carrying dd, when i looked down poor dd had a gift bag in the face. to make things worse i did the exact same thing on the way out with her bottle bag:blush::blush:

I'm going on strike tonight :winkwink: ANYTIME we visit the in laws my LO does NOT sleep. And I mean does NOT sleep not one bit. So instead of ME crying and getting upset about losing my sleep I'm going on strike as her mother. And have decided my DH and MIL can deal with her. if they're bothered by her crying THEY can tend to her.

Sounds perfect!!

I've just been in a funk this week. Fumfy is teething & crying a bit more than usual, and it's really wearing me out. A lot of times she doesn't want to be either picked up or put down. It makes me feel ineffectual as a mom. I told hubby I needed help yesterday. Just couldn't take any more crying. I took a shower, and it seemed to help.

Was using the baby monitor on holidays and it was on the wrong channel! :( Went to check on LO after about an hour and he was hysterical. I am not sure how long he was crying for! He stopped crying as I BF'd him but he had those "I was crying so hard" hiccups and I couldn't stop crying. I am still traumatised and have nightmares about it to this day!

Today (and most days recently) my daughter has been nothing but cranky during the day when she's with me on my own (jokingly keep telling df that she doesnt like me as she's fine with him) but its mainly teething I think. But she's refusing to nap and this afternoon I had some shopping to do and a house viewing (both of which would have distracted her fine and possibly got her to sleep in the car) but I live across from my MIL and saw she was home so asked her to have Emilia.
I just wanted to get away from her for an hour and I spent the time leisurely walking round the supermarket!! I felt a bit bad becasue I love my daughter more than anything but after day after day of crankiness no matter what I do at the moment I was just relieved for the break!

I have a rotten cold/cough and feel faint unless I'm laying down so not doing much playing with LO today. She's pretty good at entertaining herself but I feel bad about not getting up and playing with her. I'm lying on the sofa, getting up every so often to try and do a bit of housework because OH has people coming over later. Sigh.

I don't like my toddler
I don't like playing with my toddler
I never play with my toddler
I shout at my toddler
I try not shouting at my toddler
I smack my toddler
I try not smacking my toddler
He doesn't listen to me
He doesn't love me
He windes me up on purpose
I am now ttc 2nd child so it can play with the first one and leave me in peace

Call the child line quick!

There, I said it for the first time in my whole bloody life!

Also I was getting cross with the car trying to manoover it around mil's drive way and crunched the gears getting it into reverse... Lo said 'what's that noise mummy?' To which I replied (under my breath) mummy's shitty car.... Mil opens the door lo turns round, points to the car and proudly announces 'mummy's shitty car granny!' I could have died!

I bottle prop :-(

I didn't even know this was a 'thing' until I read something on here today. I always hold Micah when he has a bottle, and he holds the bottle himself but as he gets sleepy I tuck a cloth under so it doesn't slip and I look at my phone. Bad mummy :-( The thing is, if I make eye contact with him while he's drinking he starts smiling and giggling and stops drinking, and wakes right up. He's nearly one now but I've done it a long time. Now I feel bad like I've not been bonding properly. :-(

I bottle prop :-(

I didn't even know this was a 'thing' until I read something on here today. I always hold Micah when he has a bottle, and he holds the bottle himself but as he gets sleepy I tuck a cloth under so it doesn't slip and I look at my phone. Bad mummy :-( The thing is, if I make eye contact with him while he's drinking he starts smiling and giggling and stops drinking, and wakes right up. He's nearly one now but I've done it a long time. Now I feel bad like I've not been bonding properly. :-(

Don't feel bad! I've done this with my twins for a good 6 months now.

I forgot when Elodie's birthday was yesterday :dohh: in all fairness she was born on the 3rd, may the 4th always sticks in my head because of 'May the force be with you' and my mams birthday is on the 5th :haha: my friend said 'she was born on the 3rd wasn't she?' And I was saying 'no, the 5th she was born!' :dohh: Elodie's godmother said she didn't want to say anything but she was sure she was born on the 3rd :haha:

I just had a mini meltdown, Emilia has done nothing but whinge at cry at me this morning, no matter what I do! But then I take her to my work to see if there's any KIT hours I can do and she's fine, smiling and happy. Get back home and she's crying again, so go to the supermarket. In the supermarket she's fine, happy and smiling again. Once again I get back home and she starts crying and screaming no matter what I do. She settled when I started hoovering so as I was moving the dining room table to Hoover under it (and stupidly didn't take everything off) she started crying again, then as I pushed the table one leg didn't slide instead it cracked and the table went down in one corner sending my vase of flowers all over the floor!! So then I swore several times loudly and threw a box of toothpaste at the wall (nowhere near my daughter may I add). Then proceeded to sob for another 10 mins whilst daughter was still screaming :cry: feel like absolute poop and a bad mummy :cry:

But feff just wanted to say I have done that too, I have told someone her birthday is 4th April when it's the 5th, I got confused with the date and the number of the month she was born in!

Ani has been whining nonstop all day. I told her she's been driving mommy up a wall, and I put her down for a nap. And thank God she's napping :haha:

DS is only 10 weeks old and I'm dying to go back to work. I am most definitely not cut out to be a SAHM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->