• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Ft
Awh, we did the same thing. Our 1st seat was in wrong for FOUR MONTHS!!! I almost sh*t. FTM, I had no idea. Oh also thought he had it perfect, and according to the booklet he read, it was....but my older car needed it's belt locked no matter what the instructions said, to be tight.

You might find the booklet IN the seat under the padding, that's where our's is permanently attached (different brand) Don't feel bad, nothing happened and now you know. I am super cautious about installation now (2nd seat went in last week) Live and learn. The youtube videos are very helpful!

My bad mom confession for the day is my LO LICKED THE TOILET earlier. I was washing my hands with my back to her for a minute. It should be clean-ish. Blarf.

Haha basically shes been in wrong for almost 5 months. :dohh: so thankful nothing happened.
Im glad im not the only one to make such a horrible ftm mistake.lol

I put bub in front of disney jr tv while I have a coffee.n lunch n dinner lol

My lo had her car seat base in the car for a good six months.. The car seat was fixed to it but the base wasn't strapped in with the seatbelt :dohh:
I just looked down to find lo had taken off e back of the remote and was sucking a battery.. Yeah so that happened..

I hate breastfeeding. It feels like my day comprises of purely breastfeeding and I think about switching to formula every single day.

If you want to keep it up it gets much easier. I promise. :hugs:

Thanks for your encouragement <3

I do want to continue. The reason I haven't quit yet is thinking of how my dd looks when she's nursing. So will try to push through.

Can you get in contact with a lactation consultant? I had help from one and it was very useful.

I think once your milk supply is fully established it will be much easier until she has a growth spurt. Then you'll get cluster feeding again, but it should only be a few days.

When my kiddo was younger he was nursing every 1-1.5 hours around the clock! He's doing about every 3 hours in the day now. Much easier. :)

Quit smoking this year, using an e-cig to help. There's a slight possibility I grabbed it off my two year old 3 seconds too late :| little monster stole it out of my jacket pocket when I wasn't looking :blush:

DS 1 1/2 grabbed my wine off the side table tonight and had a swig. When I took it away and he said more? I told him no, and he followed me around asking for a drink for about 5 minutes.

My 3 month old got his vaccines the other day and he has been almost inconsolable.

I actually got mad at him for whining/crying. I had to leave him in his bed to take a timeout for myself.

I feel guilty about hating to breastfeed. It seems that everyone else just LOVES to do it, it's so natural, so easy, doesn't hurt, blah blah blah. Am still doing it, am at eight weeks so far, but don't feel any magical connection with LO when doing it.
I also feel guilty about being jealous of DH when he gets to go to work and use his brain. Meanwhile, I'm using my two master's degrees to change diapers. Feel guilty that I'm thinking of getting a part time job for my.sanity.

Can I say, I hated BF until at least 4 months. It was hard and you feel like you have no freedom. Now it's tons easier and I enjoy it. Don't worry it doesn't suck for the whole time!!

ThAnks for the support. : Still don't like it at four months. But not feeling guilty about not liking it either.

Hadn't realised the other day when I plonked M down in the bathroom for her bath that the toilet roll holder had fallen off the wall (one of those suction ones). I potter about getting her pjs, bag and towel etc ready before I run her bath and returned to a unravelled toilet roll and M having her second dinner :dohh: :dohh: fished two small spitty globs of bog roll out her mouth that she was happily chewing on.

Phoebe had rolled over to the sofa and was being very quiet...she was munching on pages of hubby's notebook...luckily there was nothing important on them!!

For the first 2days of DS life we were only actually changing him when he pooed. :shrug: For some reason in those first two days it never occured to us he might just have a wet nappy :dohh:
We both feel so terrible but he pooed several times in first two days so he wasnt just sat in pee all day :blush:

I just wiped anti bacterial gel on LOs face instead of e45 cream....at least he's clean I guess!!

I was giving my 4 week old baby a bath, I have samples of the honest company body wash, lotion, and liquid laundry detergent...for some odd reason I had the laundry detergent by the baby's changing table, I thought it was the soap and I rubbed it on baby's body. When I picked the bottle up to squirt some more soap on my hand to keep rubbing it on baby I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that it was the laundry detergent. I ran to the bathroom where I had the bathtub set up and ready for baby, and I quick rinsed his little body off. Then I gave him a proper bath with real soap. The poor little guy didn't even cry or anything. Thank God the Honest Company doesn't use any harsh chemicals in any of their products. But still I felt horrible :(

I nearly dropped my LO when she was about 3 weeks old when a spider fell from the garage door as I was walking :shy: fell right on me, then I freaked, tried to flick it away and it landed on her face :argh: I then nearly dropped her flipping her from one arm to the other trying to flick it away :dohh:
I also went to put her to bed, all gently, as she had been screaming for hours before that and was FINALLY asleep and she slipped out of my arms and plopped into the crib [about a 8-10'' fall so super short] but it woke her right up :dohh:
And last week I accidently grabbed the older bottle of formula that was on the counter [we use the ready to us bottles and really hadn't cleaned up at all the day so there was one from earlier and then the one that I had opened for her 10 minutes bofore.] That poor girl had the worst tummy ache/gas ever. I felt AWFUL :(

Earlier today as i was standing on the other side of my bedroom, LO turned around and walked face first into my dresser and turned a lil and kept walking till he turned at the sounds of my laughter and the peeing on myself (opps) then i proceed to call my mom after all of this and she was like well he sure is hard headed!

When Lucy was two days old and I had come out of hospital at night after four days of no food (can't call hospital food food lol.) I was feeding Lucy and being fed mcdonalds by df.. It fell out my mouth and slapped Lucy on the cheek. She opened her eyes and just looked around confused :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->