• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

im crap at judging the amount of baby bubble bath to put in and as i like my baths VERY bubbly i always end up putting too much in and my 5 month old son gets most irritated when he has bubbles on his hands and puts them in his eyes/mouth.

Also on an attempt to put him in a door swing on my own (much to difficult for my liking) he kind of flopped out of my arms backwards! i managed to catch him with about an inch to spare before his head hit the floor!...not using the door swing anymore!

I put my ds on the change table at swimming lessons and bent down to get his dry clothes, next thing i knows he's tumbling to the ground, hits his back on one of the bars and thankfully lands on his bum on the ground. Thankfully he only cried for ashort time and doesn't appear to have any bruises or be hurt but it scared the life out of me.
he'd been running away from me and generally being a little terror after his lesson finished so I should have known better than to not hold him while I got his clothes.

justwaiting, I know the feeling! My little guy just learned to walk, and he's trying to run, but he doesn't quite have the balance yet. We have hardwood floors, and at least once a day he faceplants. He also likes to wiggle and try to jump off the changing table or out of your arms. Little terror is covered in bruises and scrapes, and looks like an abused child! After a while, I had to force myself not to freak out every time he smacks his face on the floor. Now I just pick him up, check for blood, and then move on :haha:

Totally off topic but Dragonfly!!!!!! You're preggy?!?!?!?!?!!!!! :wohoo: Congrats hun!! Please oh pretty please update your journal!! I want to know all about how your two gorgeous babies are doing and hear all about this new little bundle you're cooking up is!!!! :dance:

[Going to go stalk your posts now; how creepy does that sound :blush: :haha:]

My daughter woke in her crib at 6 this morning but was just playing with her dolly so I decided to go back to sleep (which I do every day, for about a half hour). But I didn't hear her Again until 8:30!!! So she was playing alone in her crib for 2.5 hrs. Unless she fell bak asleep which I really hope she did for a bit. Also she was due to eat around 6 so she was probably really hungry. Oh dear.

Went for a walk through the park with Norah and my husband this past weekend... It was really bright in one area so I put on her sun hat and when I tried to pull it back so the hat wasn't in her eyes I grabbed her ear instead and tugged on and accidentally scratched it with my thumb nail. It drew a little blood and she screamed then cried for several minutes. I felt so bad at the time I wanted to cry and I still feel bad almost a week later. :X

I accidentally kneed dd in the face today. She's got a really dark bruise. I'm so worried anytime she hits her head. I hope her brain is ok.

I'm having a bad run lately, yesterday owen got up at 5:30am and had his small cup of milk as normal, I asked him several times if he wanted his toast, he kept saying no. I had just planned o feedin him a pouch on the way to care but forgot. Realised that he hadn't eaten and daycare doesn't do morning tea until 8:30. Poor boy didn't get food for 3 hrs :(

I slept through LO crying for 2 hrs last night! DH heard it in the other room but he didn't come in as it kept sounding like LO was settling down before he'd start up again, and to be fair, I did yell at him once for coming in while I was trying to settle LO and when he came in it made everything worse. He didn't realize I'd fallen asleep. My poor baby :(

I've just purposely gone into Rio's room making really loud noises and bangs to try to wake him up for a cuddle in my bed. (Cruel I know lol)

My plan failed anyway, he woke up, frowned at me, then turned over in his cot and went back to sleep!

That'll teach me lol x

I've been out all morning and OH has been looking after LO. I came home and LO woke up from his nap after only 20 mins which is unusual for him. I gave him a bottle and put him back down. He wouldn't settle but as he wasn't crying I left him as he needed to sleep. When I went to get him as he just wasn't settling I discovered he'd done a massive poo and it had come out the top and legs of his nappy, what we like to call a 'code brown'.

The worst part is that he'd had obviously been like that for a while as it was also all over the cot ;(

My OH doesn't seem bothered and LO is fine but I feel awful.

I've been out all morning and OH has been looking after LO. I came home and LO woke up from his nap after only 20 mins which is unusual for him. I gave him a bottle and put him back down. He wouldn't settle but as he wasn't crying I left him as he needed to sleep. When I went to get him as he just wasn't settling I discovered he'd done a massive poo and it had come out the top and legs of his nappy, what we like to call a 'code brown'.

The worst part is that he'd had obviously been like that for a while as it was also all over the cot ;(

My OH doesn't seem bothered and LO is fine but I feel awful.

I've done that a few times. My daughter wouldn't nap a couple of weeks ago, but she wasn't crying so I left her for a bit. When I finally went to check her, she had a big poo. I always feel bad after, but she is fine once she gets changed.

My DD was so unsettled yesterday and cried and cried. It wasn't until I bathed her two hours after she has started crying that I noticed she had done a large but odourless poop :dohh: her poor bum was so sore

I have three:

1. When my son was about 5 or so months old (we early weaned him with baby food in pouches as per our doctor's instructions), his tummy was bothering him for a day or so...nothing awful, but iirc, he threw up a couple of times.

Before feeding him lunch one day (bananas, I think), I decided to look at the expiration date on his baby food, and it was EXPIRED by a few months! I FLIPPED out--at myself for not checking the dates beforehand, and at Babies R Us for selling expired baby food, as I had just bought it the previous week.

Now I check dates on everything. I called Babies R Us, and spoke with the store manager, who offered me "anything, ANYTHING I wanted from the store." I told her to STOP offering me stuff, because that wasn't why I was calling (she finally stopped, lol). I told her I wanted NOTHING, but I wanted her to make sure to check all of the dates on the baby food that they sell. I think she was scared I was going to sue or something.

I'm still not sure (of course) why lo was throwing up, and the two might not have been related, but either way, I don't think it's safe to sell expired baby food.

2. Oh, and yuck...today, I noticed a dried brown spot on my rug, and yes, it was POO! Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. We're getting rid of our rugs this summer, thank God, because lo has thrown up countless times on them. Anyway, I took 20 minutes and scrub a dub dubbed our rug with alcohol and vinegar
!

3. My son has a bad tummy in general--have been to the pediatrician countless times and it's due to constipation...he's being treated but still throws up once a week or more when he has a cold. I woke up this morning and asked dh why the whole living room smelled, and he said that lo threw up IN our vent, which is on the floor. It's where our heat/air comes out. So my wonderful husband said that he would clean it more. Well, he did, and then he cut his finger on a nail, and was in the ER this morning b/c he had to get a tetanus shot. Ugh.

I feel awful. I went into my bedroom today with lo and put him on my bed for a sec. As I was taking something from a drawer it got tangled with a hair accessory and as I was untangling it I looked away from lo. Next thing I know he's in the floor crying. We rushed to the ER. His doctor happened to be there and checked him and said everything was fine. He's not injured or bruised or anything. He smiled to the doctor as soon as he saw him and all. But I feel like a monster. the worst part was that while we drove there my OH said to not let him fall asleep so I had to let him cry and couldnt confort him:nope::sad2:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/raquel-dapice/a-baby-book-of-disasters_b_5112915.html

A few weeks ago I was getting jordyn ready for baby group.. I put her on her change table and bent down to get clothes out of the bottom drawer (change table has drawers on it).. It was literally a second... She went rolling over the edge and landed on her butt IN THE DRAWER! Omg, I felt soooo bad! She was traumatized even though she wasn't hurt.. Every time I tries putting her down on it after I soothed her for 20 minutes she FREAKED. Felt like the worst mother ever!
Just glad she landed on her butt and wasn't hurt.. Still felt awful! :(

yesterday I was putting LO in her highchair, I snapped the tray in and immediately she started howling. I didnt know what was wrong and immediately took her out ( fumbling on the straps ofcourse), she wailed for a good 5 mins in my arms and I had no idea why! Turns out she has a big "pinch mark" on her arm, she must have had her arm down when I clicked the tray in and it caught and pinched her skin :cry: I feel so bad as that must have hurt!!

I am the worst mommy ever!

Was at a huge dinner party last night (at least 50 people) and afterward we were all hanging out and I was sitting on the ground with a couple other moms and babies. I had my feet flat on the floor, knees bent, and Natalie sitting on my lap with her back resting up against my thighs. Next thing I know she reaches and nearly flies over the side of my legs -I stop that- but then she falls right THROUGH my legs! When I turned, there was a gap in my thighs and she fell right through and conked her little head on the ground!!!!! She wasn't upset, or hurt, she was perfectly fine until I started freaking out and picked up her quickly, which scared her, then of course she started wailing :-( :-( EVERYONE rushed over to see what happened!! Then some lady had the nerve to say "take that girls wine from her!" -- insinuating i was drunk - but i was just drinking ginger ale!! (Bitch!)

All the other moms were lovely and very supportive and said things like "oh honey don't even worry it happens!" then went on to tell me how they have bonked their babies heads on doorframes etc. BUT I STILL FEEL AWFUL!!! :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->