• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I've just come in from changing the bin bag in the kitchen to pick up the dirty nappy I took off LO, found him sucking it! Vommmmm

Ew lol these are funny! He he

I have to get this off my chest...

When DD was 7m old... She was sleeping in my bed....

And I went downstairs to talk to my brother who just came in...

I forgot to close the baby gate...

Suddenly we heard her crying too close and we sprinted to the bottom of the stairs...and there she was at the very top looking down!

Never in my life was I so terrified! I panicked and ran smack into the bottom of the gate, bruising my knees, whereas my brother hopped it, sprinted up the stairs and grabbed her in the knick of time!

My 7m old baby did what i thought was the impossible: woke up, climbed off the bed, crawled out of the bedroom, and down the hallway towards the sound of my voice!

Now without fail, I double and triple check those locks!

I still shudder and that image of my little wee baby looking down at me from the very top of the stairs still horrify me!

My kids are too old for baby club now, but I feel safe saying this in here.

Yesterday at 4pm, I was doing a mad rush trying to clean up the house. Sophie was following me around, as was Thomas. I tidied the bathroom and had shoo'd both kids out. Closed the door and went to talk to Thomas about something...hang on, where is Sophie? Checked her usual hiding places.

I couldn't find her. I was yelling her name and freaking out. Then I see the baby gate between the living room and kitchen was unlatched...the back door is in the kitchen and it was propped open as I had brought the washing in just before cleaning the bathroom. Well, we have a sort of temporary fence in the yard (rental house) as one side is unfenced and we live on a main, busy road. The fence had been moved open, again due to me, I had wheeled our rubbish bin back into the yard.

I 100% thought Sophie had escaped and gone onto the road, and was convinced I'd see her dead in the gutter. I grabbed Thomas like a rugby ball and sprinted out to the street, screaming and crying. I couldn't see her. I checked the neighbours driveways. No Sophie. I decided to shut Thomas in the house as I didn't want to lose him as well, and I heard a noise in the bathroom. Sophie was sitting in the shower as happy as Larry and was tipping shampoo out everywhere.

I tell you, I have never felt so devastated and then so relieved in my life. I was shaking for hours and kept crying on and off all night.

My OH was really understanding and sympathetic, and we've decided the system we have isn't safe enough so for now he backdoor isn't to be unlocked or opened. As annoying as that is, I do not want a repeat of yesterday.

^ omg I bet you was shitting yourself :dohh: glad she was okay! And having fun making a mess :haha:

Oh I can't imagine how you felt! Bless her little face though in the shower, how funny of her x

OMG I can't even imagine what you must have been feeling in that moment but sooo happy that she was OK and even having a grand old time making a shampoo mess :haha: :hugs:

How scary minties! That reminds me of a time when my sister was 3. We couldn't find her for several hours... turns out she fell asleep in a closet :dohh:

LO is only a month old but I'm sure I'll have my share of bad mama stories in the months and years to come :p

When my cousins were young though, they were playing in their room while their mother was in the kitchen just down the hall. They suddenly became very quiet and when she went to check on them there was baby powder all over the dollhouse where they had "made it snow".

Wow these are funny. Been addicted all night. No stories of my own yet as she's still cookin, but I have some bad momma moments with bump. I run it into everything, hit it opening the car door, or half run people over with it. Poor thing gets bounced and bumped before she's even here :dohh:

My baby girl is going to the doctor to get her vaccine...and I'm stuck at home with a terrible cold that's kept me in bed all day :cry:

She's going to be crying and in pain and I'm not going to be there to cuddle her and cry with her :cry: I feel like the worlds crappiest mother ever :cry:

My baby girl is going to the doctor to get her vaccine...and I'm stuck at home with a terrible cold that's kept me in bed all day :cry:

She's going to be crying and in pain and I'm not going to be there to cuddle her and cry with her :cry: I feel like the worlds crappiest mother ever :cry:

:hugs: You are far from the crappiest mother hun. You've got a cold and need to take good care of yourself so you can take good care of her! She won't even remember her jabs happened in a few minutes time! Hope you start feeling better soon!

I am suffering from flu, and my toddler seems to have been possessed by a demon. Today I moved a tv into her room and she had a mickey mouse marathon so I could sleep. I'm such a terrible mother :( luckily she's gone to her dads for the weekend so I can rest as much as I need to. Just hope I'm better by monday when she comes home!!

Feeling horrible that yesterday I pulled my los bib off, but it wasn't quite undone properly and he started really screaming. This morning I noticed a graze mark on his neck that has a velcro pattern, poor thing! Must've been really sore, so sorry baba

My LO is just learning to roll over and I had put her on her back with blanket rolled up at both her side, thinking that would keep her from going anywhere while I went pee... about 20 seconds into being in the bathroom I hear a muffled cry and my heart skips, oh 10 beats as I squeeze those pee muscles to stop the stream :haha: and run in to see that she had somehow managed to roll over but had her face in the blanket :dohh: Felt awful but glad I was just right there. :blush:

I feel awful...

My son usually bed shares with us after his middle of the night feed. He eats and I doze off with my arm around him so he doesn't go anywhere.

Well last night I had fallen asleep, only to be woken to my husband leaning over me yelling "Your baby's on the floor!"

After promptly crapping my pants, I looked over to see Lennox lying on the pillow I had placed on the ground (in the case that this very thing happened!). Our mattress is on the ground too, but still....

Other than being a little disgruntled from being woken up, he seemed totally fine after a good once-over.

I must have been too tired to safely bed-share :(. Only a slap on the wrist for this bad mommy, thank god.

Elodie fell off the bed the other night too, I felt awful but I couldn't stop laughing :dohh: it scared her more than anything I think because my bed is low so she didn't get hurt thank god! x

Elodie fell off the bed the other night too, I felt awful but I couldn't stop laughing :dohh: it scared her more than anything I think because my bed is low so she didn't get hurt thank god! x

It happen to us last week! It happen in slow motion, and realized I could have catch him but I didn't react fast enough. I was right beside him! However he was fine, cried plenty but went back to sleep after.

I'm starting to feel guilty about co-sleeping. I'm in a group and everyone seems to be successful about moving baby to the crib and I'm terrified of the whole transition. I love co-sleeping but I know as he gets older it might be harder to move him.

I'm starting to feel guilty about co-sleeping. I'm in a group and everyone seems to be successful about moving baby to the crib and I'm terrified of the whole transition. I love co-sleeping but I know as he gets older it might be harder to move him.

You don't have anything to feel guilty about, go with whatever makes you and baby happy.

I left Nico's cup on the draining board where he could see it. This morning he ran into the kitchen ahead of OH and grabbed the cup, it had some water in it that hadn't yet drained, of course Nico put it to him mouth and drank then said Mmm nice and put the cup into the sink :dohh: OH asked what have I been giving him to drink if he thinks dishwater is nice :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->