The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

my baby is 4 weeks old (cant believe im writing in here already)
we went to a bbq yesterday so i was in the sun all day with screaming kids. my LB slept all day apart from a hour or so here and there.
at about 3 am this morning he started winging, i can remember giving him his dummy (which he only has after his 2am (ish) feed or he wont settle) but i think i was asleep, he then started crying but i kept giving him his dummy, i then actually properly woke up and said to him 'youve just had a bottle you cant be hungy' he carried on whining, and in a mid sleep temper i shouted 'malakai please be quiet, im up for work in the morning' i then looked on the floor only to NOT find a used bottle.. it was not about half 4.. i dreamt that i had fed him.. poor boy must have been starving, i duna what i feel worse about, not feeding him or shouting at him.. safe to say he had about a hour of cuddles and kisses. and im now sat at work looking like a zombie

Sofia is become more mobile [rolling all over the place] and I've had a bad habit since she was born of putting her on the couch [usually to change her diaper]. It hadn't been an issue until yesterday, I put her on the couch and, still sitting next to her, looked the other direction for about 10 seconds as I put her car seat on the side of the couch and I look back just in time to see her roll off the edge :cry: She landed on her back [it's about a foot and a half, maybe close to 2 feet of a drop] and she looked up at me and started to cry, not hard or anything but definitely tears. I picked her up, looked her over, gave her a hug and she was happy again. I feel like an AWFUL mom for letting that happen. I'm so thankful she didn't fall a farther distance, or on her front/face, or hit her head on the coffee table. I still feel so awful but she seems OK and dh reassured me that she's fine.

Today my grandpa dropped Evan(17 months) off at the house and i picked him up to take him inside the house and was walking past my car and knocked his little legs right into my mirror. he didn't cry or anything but it made me feel like crap :/

DH and I just moved and were organizing the bedroom, so set LO on the bed. He laid back and wouldn't you know his head is heavy and it just slid off and the rest of his head followed. Poor thing!

I have an "open hearts" necklace that my husband gave me, and I was holding my baby against my chest and I went to put her down her mouth got caught and it poked her gums. She was crying for a few minutes with this sad little expression.. the end is so sharp it must've hurt pretty bad... :(

I have an "open hearts" necklace that my husband gave me, and I was holding my baby against my chest and I went to put her down her mouth got caught and it poked her gums. She was crying for a few minutes with this sad little expression.. the end is so sharp it must've hurt pretty bad... :(

I took off a necklace I've worn for years, when he was two weeks old. He slid along my collarbone and I felt the clasp rake his cheek. I freaked, he didn't notice it.

I get to join the club... My LO had just eaten 1hr prior to this and I was hoping to take a shower. She was asleep but stirring and fussed a few times. I turned the vibration on her bassinet and she settled. I grabbed the baby monitor to put in the bathroom and hopped in the shower. I had a fan going and could hear it when I turned the monitor on so I thought I was good. I opened the bathroom door to hear my LO screaming. :( I didn't have the monitor next to her bed on. I was hearing static from it being off. :dohh: She was quite eager to nurse again when I picked her up.

I get to join the club... My LO had just eaten 1hr prior to this and I was hoping to take a shower. She was asleep but stirring and fussed a few times. I turned the vibration on her bassinet and she settled. I grabbed the baby monitor to put in the bathroom and hopped in the shower. I had a fan going and could hear it when I turned the monitor on so I thought I was good. I opened the bathroom door to hear my LO screaming. :( I didn't have the monitor next to her bed on. I was hearing static from it being off. :dohh: She was quite eager to nurse again when I picked her up.

I've done this :dohh:

I accidentally kneed my daughter in the face this morning :(

I was trying to move around her to get to our wardrobe when she turned to face me. It wasn't hard but I think the shock made her cry. She was ok after a minute but I still felt awful about it! :(

omg im soo bad :(

i had the baby monitor on the top of the crib, i mean right at the top, out of baby's reach.. when i went to bed, i forgot to unplug the wire from the monitor..
i woke up as little one was crying for a feed. when i picked him up i felt the monitor pick up... the wire was over his neck!! not around it, but over it, if he hadn't woke up when he did god knows what could have happened.
ive been crying about it ever since i just feel so bad..
i really dont know how it got to him because i tuck the wire way behind the monitor and the crib. he cant even reach the monitor anyway let alone the wires.. also hes still young so cant exactly reach to grab something and pull it down to him :s

I really need to get something off my chest...

So the other day I gave my toddler a packet of mini cookies. 2 hours later when she was upstairs playing I found 2 cookies that she had left on the kitchen side and, thinking she was bond to have forgotten all about them and having a ferocious sweet tooth, I stole them. They were yummy.

Anyway, an hour or so later she reappeared looking for her cookies....

Told her the dog had eaten them.

Then to make it more believable I told the dog off and sent her to her bed.

I was cutting my 11 week olds nails this morning with nail clippers ( I can't get the hang of baby scissors) and I cut her little finger. It was bleeding. I felt so bad I cried. :-(
I will never use clippers again I feel so bad about this!!

So the other day I gave my toddler a packet of mini cookies. 2 hours later when she was upstairs playing I found 2 cookies that she had left on the kitchen side and, thinking she was bond to have forgotten all about them and having a ferocious sweet tooth, I stole them. They were yummy.

:haha:I've done this before!! :blush:

I was cutting my 11 week olds nails this morning with nail clippers ( I can't get the hang of baby scissors) and I cut her little finger. It was bleeding. I felt so bad I cried. :-(

:hugs: I did the same thing to Wesley a few weeks ago, it was awful :(

:haha:I've done this before!! :blush:

Not just me then lol :)

Is it bad I laughed at this? :haha:

I've done this too :blush:

Hi

Haven't posted here for a while. Today has been one of those days. This morning I told my 23month old to get into her buggy outside next to me as I clipped our little dog to the handles. And she did whilst happily chirping along about taking her beloved dog Tigi (who she calls 'see see') for a walk, I realised I had left the poop bags inside. So I reached inside the front door and grabbed them. In this moment I COMPLETELY forgot that LO one was not strapped in. She was sitting there so happily with her Elli comforter that it was not obvious. Well, it was about to become more than obvious!!!!! As I walked down the hill towards our village I didn't notice a car about to pullout (I am hearing impaired). The other Mum driving the car noticed me long before and luckily stopped a long way from me, but I of course was startled and jolted the buggy to a holt even though I didn't need to. As I did LO flew out of the buggy landing on her feet and ran into the road flapping her arms. My heart jumped into my mouth as I tried to understand what was happening. Luckily there were no other cars in my quiet neighborhood, and the Mama driving the car was a good few metres away. She was quick to tell me that we all do it when we have kids and dogs to look after. But I felt sick for the rest of the day and cried whilst walking the dog. Then... this evening I couldn't find my purse and could only remember having it out shopping with my mum. Phoned my Mum at 11PM to make her look in her car. After half an hour of panicking and looking twice in the car she found it under a car seat! And... to top it off for the first time in 2 years my baby monitors have had bad interference tonight whilst I'm alone as hubby's working, and it sounded like someone was saying 'be scared!!!!' through them! Totally freaked out and now in bed two hours later than usual cause of purse panic! And all I can think is LO will wake up in 6hours time! ( I have a condition where I must get enough sleep or I'm very dizzy all day). :-(

I kindof pushed someone else's kid at the park yesterday....

I need to follow her up the playstructure sp she doesn't pitch off the edges, a little guy around 3-4 kept pushing past me on the stairs and getting in between me and lo

at one point she was already up to the top so I said 'sorry buddy, I gotta get by' and kinda pushed him to the side of the rail and then ran up, lol

his mum was standing there being useless, so..... :shrug:

Me again,

So yesterday I wanted to some baking with my oldest so I put Wesley in his swing with some music and his dummy. Sorted. Or so I thought....

Anyway after about 10 minutes he started crying and I ignored him while I finished helping Olivia fill the cake cases with cake mixture. A couple of minutes later we were finished and I went to see what was up with Wesley thinking he'd probably just lost his dummy.

I found him hanging out of his swing. He hadn't completely fallen out but his legs and bum were on the floor and the rest of his body still in the swing :dohh:

Poor little thing was a bit traumatised, bless him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->