The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I'm SO SO embarassed to admit this....
Dh and I left a half-bottle of formula in the baby's room for a couple days. I really meant to pick it up and wash it several times, but always got distracted and forgot. This morning when the baby cried, I went into the room and started feeding her the bottle that my DH had been feeding her at her last waking, about 2 hours before. Then DH walked in and said "OMG...what bottle is that? I have the freshest bottle in our bedroom!!"
I had been feeding the baby the two-day old bottle. DH opened it and sniffed it and almost puked. He grabbed the baby, brought her to the sink and stuck his finger down her throat. Oddly, though, she didn't gag or throw up. I finally said "OK, look...if she's sick she'll throw up herself". She honestly seemed totally fine...but I've never felt SO SO SO guilty. What kind of mother am I?!?!?!?!

A normal one! I gave my LO a bottle made up of sour milk - hadn't bothered to check it was fresh (she was on cow's milk by then) and when I warmed it up it all separated and looked well manky, but I still didn't really notice.... She cried when she tasted it and refused it, so I reckon either yours wasn't too massively sour, or by that time it had turned into a camembert or something and she probably enjoyed it :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've given my little man almost half a packet of biscuits to keep him quiet in his highchair so I can read and giggle at this entire thread.

Surely that puts me under the 'bad mummy' category already haha.

No doubt will be adding more as they come to me but I've done the head in the wall one a few times. But I refuse to be blamed because he tries to look down the stairs as we're going up knowing theres a big wall there, so silly baby :)

LOL! Some of the stories are scary but funny.. I have to admit I taught my son, at 2yrs old, the f**K word. It came out of my mouth in shock at something my husband said. Since then it's been f**k f**k f**k... he knows its a bad word and we can't make him forget it, so we pretend it's nothing so he stops saying to get a reaction out of us. Still not working...

Also I nearly trampled over him with his own pram, as he slided through to the floor because I forgot to strap him in... I think I got mumnesia or maybe just a bad mother. lol

when LO was 8 weeks old he was sleeping beside me on the couch and went to pick him p thinking i had him but heard somthing drop on the couch relised i had just picked up the blanket :blush: lol

I'm SO SO embarassed to admit this....
Dh and I left a half-bottle of formula in the baby's room for a couple days. I really meant to pick it up and wash it several times, but always got distracted and forgot. This morning when the baby cried, I went into the room and started feeding her the bottle that my DH had been feeding her at her last waking, about 2 hours before. Then DH walked in and said "OMG...what bottle is that? I have the freshest bottle in our bedroom!!"
I had been feeding the baby the two-day old bottle. DH opened it and sniffed it and almost puked. He grabbed the baby, brought her to the sink and stuck his finger down her throat. Oddly, though, she didn't gag or throw up. I finally said "OK, look...if she's sick she'll throw up herself". She honestly seemed totally fine...but I've never felt SO SO SO guilty. What kind of mother am I?!?!?!?!

A normal one! I gave my LO a bottle made up of sour milk - hadn't bothered to check it was fresh (she was on cow's milk by then) and when I warmed it up it all separated and looked well manky, but I still didn't really notice.... She cried when she tasted it and refused it, so I reckon either yours wasn't too massively sour, or by that time it had turned into a camembert or something and she probably enjoyed it :rofl:

we put Hannah in her stroller but didn't strap her in (were trying to do a few other things first) and she slid through the bottom :rofl: Luckily hubby caught her but it was the one and only time we did that

When Oscar had just started crawling he managed to get himself stuck under the couch, with the throw over his head so he looked like a little commando with chubby legs sticking out.
First thing I did was get the camera, and THEN rescue him.

Billie is almost crawling and is quite quick getting around on her tummy. I was reading B n B threads and looked over to see her across the room sucking on one of the cat's toys :lolly:

I let Ellis have some no nappy time a few weeks ago, figured he'd be ok as the nappy I removed was soiled and he wee'd as I took if off. I put him on the floor still on the changing mat in the living room and went into the bedroom to make the bed. I could still see him, albeit his head and legs kicking about and come back after only 2 or 3 minutes to find him lying in his own wee and poo!!! Poor thing was saturated as it had all gone under him and in his hair!! He was totally unfazed bless!!!!!

I caught dexter chewing a pair of my dirty knickers yesterday. I had thrown them on the bed earlier. oops

I just cut Dylan's thumb with the nail clippers... and I didn't even notice!!! He didn't cry so I only figured what I had done when there was blood on his face :blush::cry::cry:

I was trying to iron a dress to go out in last night and Charlotte and Tom broke into a cupboard and started chucking handfuls of Fruit and Fibre all over the floor and eating it. I knew they were doing it but I ignored them because it meant I could get my dress finished in peace.

I was trying to iron a dress to go out in last night and Charlotte and Tom broke into a cupboard and started chucking handfuls of Fruit and Fibre all over the floor and eating it. I knew they were doing it but I ignored them because it meant I could get my dress finished in peace.

:rofl:

well:blush: when evan was 7 months i had him on the changing table and i dropped the diaper on the floor so i kept my hand on his belly while i reached down to get it but somehow he managed to tumble onto the floor anyway. i was terrified, i shook for 15 minutes, it hardly phased him lol

recently we flew on a plane to visit my sister in california and we gave him a bit of childrens benadryl so that he would sleep. (just the recamended dose for his age) felt a little guilty cuz he wasnt sick :blush:

yesterday he pulled the oven door down onto his head :blush: im sure theres more just cant think of them.

In the past few weeks I have...

- caught Elyse's thumb in her nail clippers.. she screamed for quite some time over that :(

- just tonight I was setting up her high chair and she was upstairs sleeping in her crib, didn't bring the baby monitor down as usually when she's down for the night, she's down.. well not the case, and I didn't hear her crying over the air conditioning, I don't know how long she was crying for exactly :(

Sometimes things seem to come full circle with a weird sense of destiny...see first post in this thread if you wonder what I am banging on about....

I was trying to cook tea the other day and I'd given Charlotte and Tom a metal bowl and a wooden spoon each so that they could "help". They'd disappeared off into the playroom and I could hear some high spirits so I went to check on them...

Tom was "cooking" in Charlotte's potty with his wooden spoon with a wee that she must have only just done. He was putting it in his mouth and everything! :rofl: My son has drunk his sister's wee!!! :shock:

Just as an added confession, I have washed that spoon and put it back in the drawer!

when Evan was a week old i was adjusting to being a new mom at 17 and i was a bit sleep deprived and i guess wasnt being as careful as i normally am and i was walking down the stairs with him in my arms and i slipped and all i could think about was omg i am going to have my baby taken by DSS if he even lives through this! i just remember holding him as tight to my chest as i could and leaning backwards so he wouldnt hit his head and i wouldnt land on top of him. i ran screaming to my mom and told her to adopt Evan because i was clearly an unfit mother :blush: lol he was fine, i ended up with a baseball size bruise on my hip though lol

Another one already, what a bad mummy I am. Dylan was lying on his change mat before his bath last night, and we were singing songs and doing silly dances :blush:. Anyway, he threw up quite a bit and it went UPWARDS all over his face and in his eyes.
Here's the bad bit - I laughed :blush: - then I realised my little boy had stomach acid in his eye and wiped it off and ran cool boiled water through his eyes to get it all out.
I can't believe I laughed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->