The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I did exactly the same but behind his ears, one day i was kissing his neck and i could smell this cheesey smell and i was looking everywhere for where it was coming from, i looked behind his ears and he has like a little crease behind each one and i pulled the skin apart and...ergh......it came out like solid in the shape of the crease and smelt like sour milk and cheese! I felt so guilty and after i had gotten it all out his skin was all red, after that i did a massive "cheesey fold check" and found loads more...in his legs,arm pits etc! He was only about 8 weeks old and we were only bathing him once a wk at the time! x

I also was playing with him and I lifted his arm up really high and realised his folds under his arms were stuck together so when I pulled them apart he had all that horrible cheesy stuff under there. We only top and tail him at the moment and clearly I never realised that there was an extra fold of skin so he's gone 3 weeks just brewing this horrible muck in his armpit folds. I felt so awful! I noticed the leg ones and kept on top of those but these were just tiny creases that looked like they were his armpits rather than there being more underneath.

LOL i did this last night!! xx

I'm glad I'm not alone! I'm going to have to keep going over him doing crease checks I think!

I done the same when Maisie was a few weeks!

I was playing with her or whatever and lifted up her arm and her armpit smelt rotten like sour milk and cheese! It was discusting lol.

Now i make sure i really wash all them areas in the bath everynight and give her a fullbody wash down every morning.

I was chatting on my phone today while I was putting Bella in the car after a day of shopping. It wasn't until we got home 40 minutes later that I realized I had never buckled the car seat straps around her!! I must have been distracted by the phone call. I felt so horrible!! But so grateful we didn't have an accident! :(

I was chatting on my phone today while I was putting Bella in the car after a day of shopping. It wasn't until we got home 40 minutes later that I realized I had never buckled the car seat straps around her!! I must have been distracted by the phone call. I felt so horrible!! But so grateful we didn't have an accident! :(

I did the same thing. :dohh:

Oh god Ive done this Before! Luckily she was strapped in but I'd not put the belt on both sides of the seat..

Had a scary moment 2 days ago where I left Layla on my (not very high) bed as I went for a really quick pee... Next thing theres a big thud and a screaming baby on the floor! :cry: Bad bad mummy!!! Never again though!! She stays on the floor from now on!!!! Although its funny how she does about 5 rolly polies at once when she's ON THE BED but only ever rolls over once when the on the floor!!!!!

I had taken Cora to the Dr's office and she was crying in the waiting room so i took her out of her car seat thing that doubles as a carrier and held her and then when she calmed down I put her back in without buckling her up. When I left the Dr's office I put the car seat into the car loading dock and drove away. Only when I got home did I realize she still was not buckled into the cart seat. :dohh:

I'm so glad I didn't get into an accident.

Also bumped her head on the door frame a few days ago. :shrug:

oh gosh I'm glad im not the only one, my hubby and I were camping this weekend and had just walked him around the campground in the stroller (the carseat snaps into the stroller) but we didn't have him buckled when walking around and when we got back to the camper he was sleeping so we decided to drive to the store, it wasn't until we got there like 10 minutes later that we noticed he wasn't strapped in. I can say i'm glad it happened now because it will always be in our mind and hopefully won't happen again

I've bumped Alice's head on so many things, the car door, the handle of the car seat. Earlier this morning she was sitting on my knee while I ate breakfast and she tipped forward and hit her head on the edge of the table.

Also, last night I gave her some of the juice from my blackberry and apple pie. She wanted it so bad, then she loved it and cried for more!

had the most SCARIEST bad mummy moment today...:cry:

was trying to cook tea and had put violet in her highchair while dishing up, she was getting hungry and grizzly so i found the nearest object and gave it to her - a brand new flip flop - not even worn and i swear i checked it - even gave her that one cos the other had the label still attached and a price sticker - it had a bright zebra print pattern so thought it might occupy her for a second while i was getting her food
anyway i gave her her dinner. she took one mouthful of roasted butternut squash fingers and started to cry so i immedietely thought shit its too hot, so checked but it wasnt, she then took another mouthful and started coughing and gagging, i tried not to panic:cry:
after a massive gag i then noticed a piece of clear plastic and fished it out of her mouth an inch square clear plastic sticker that must have been on the flip flop:growlmad: i cant believe it am so angry and upset with myself for not seeing it.. it could have killed her :cry:
i have never seen her so upset:cry: i got her straight away and gave her a breastfeed and cuddled her for ages, then bless her i put her back in the high chair and she started eating her (rather cold) tea like nothing had happened!
gunna be so much more careful now with checking everything, especially as she getting more mobile:dohh:
i still feel so sick just thinking about it.. :(

had the most SCARIEST bad mummy moment today...:cry:

was trying to cook tea and had put violet in her highchair while dishing up, she was getting hungry and grizzly so i found the nearest object and gave it to her - a brand new flip flop - not even worn and i swear i checked it - even gave her that one cos the other had the label still attached and a price sticker - it had a bright zebra print pattern so thought it might occupy her for a second while i was getting her food
anyway i gave her her dinner. she took one mouthful of roasted butternut squash fingers and started to cry so i immedietely thought shit its too hot, so checked but it wasnt, she then took another mouthful and started coughing and gagging, i tried not to panic:cry:
after a massive gag i then noticed a piece of clear plastic and fished it out of her mouth an inch square clear plastic sticker that must have been on the flip flop:growlmad: i cant believe it am so angry and upset with myself for not seeing it.. it could have killed her :cry:
i have never seen her so upset:cry: i got her straight away and gave her a breastfeed and cuddled her for ages, then bless her i put her back in the high chair and she started eating her (rather cold) tea like nothing had happened!
gunna be so much more careful now with checking everything, especially as she getting more mobile:dohh:
i still feel so sick just thinking about it.. :(

Aww massive hugs! That mustve been frightening! Thank god for boobs though ey! When Layla fell off the bed I immediately gave her a feed and that settled her. Atleast we learn from these mistakes ey! :hugs:

We had a horrible moment two days ago. Darwin LOVES to be lifted up over hubby's head to fly like a plane, it makes him giggle even when he's in a rotten mood. He was feeling fussy, so my hubby took him and lifted him up... straight into the blades of the moving ceiling fan :dohh:

I heard a *THUNK* and then Darwin started screaming, taking huge breaths between cries. Poor hubby was devastated, saying 'oh my God, oh my God' over and over. I took Darwin while he went to get a cold cloth, and we both watched to see how bad the bruise was going to be.

Seems he has a pretty tough little melon - he did get a bruise, and it did swell a bit, but after two days there's not a single mark. Hubby feels horrible, but thanks to this thread I was able to tell him stuff like this happens to everyone :)

aww poor darwin! i bet his daddy felt so bad :(

today i had another awful experiance :cry:
i tripped over whilst carrying violet and fell managing to twist a bit but she took some of the fall and banged her head on the door (thank goodness a hollow door and was open so it moved with the impact) :cry: i was so scared.. she cried for a bit but soon started smiling again and seems absolutely fine, i examined her all over, esp her head and she had no lumps, bumps or bruises at all! shes had her tea and milk and gone to bed as usual.. bless her:cloud9: i must have taken most of the impact on one arm and i scuffed my elbow on the carpet:dohh:
:nope: i am such a clutz, i was shaking for a good hour afterwards and screamed at my OH for leaving the car seat in the middle of the floor (even though i had left it there) and i keep replaying 'the fall' over and over in my mind.. i just feel like the worst mummy ever :(

Gulp, can I add one???

Maia was screaming bloody murder from 4:00 onward tonight, and I was trying to get dinner out on the table. OH was having no luck with her, and it was now almost 8pm. We had fed, changed, burped her, tried to carry her in a sling, tried a soother tried everything, and just as I was putting the plates out on the table, she upped it a notch and the screaming became frantic. I marched her to the bathroom and pulled out the gripe water, plunged my medicine syringe in it and drew up the appropriate amount. I shot it in her mouth with probably more force than I should have (it is only 1/4 of a tsp though). At that moment, she turned her head and the liquid went right down her throat instead of into her cheek. She looked at me, and turned red, and then I realized she was choking and I started patting her on the back like crazy. She sputtered and gurgled and then just WAILED. I started to cry and held her so tightly to my chest kissing her all over her head. I couldn't believe that I had been so careless in my frustration!!!!!!!! :(

In any case, she then fell straight asleep and has been an angel ever since - perhaps it was the gripe water, or perhaps it was the shock???

:(

A

My turn!On thursday last week i had Paddy in his car seat which attachs to his pram (its a travel system) i had only put him in there whilst i grabbed a glass of water, i turned my back and heard a thud....there he was flat on his back on the laminate on the kitchen floor.........and he never cried at first so i thought..oh god its bad...then i picked him up and he went hysterical.....i hugged him and kissed him loads and he only cried for about 2mins...he was fine afterwards....checked him over and no marks at all! He had thrown himself over the side for some strange reason...now hes always strapped in! Hes gotten so mobile in the last week or so and i still cant get used to it. I felt like throwing up all day afterwards. Awful x

My turn!On thursday last week i had Paddy in his car seat which attachs to his pram (its a travel system) i had only put him in there whilst i grabbed a glass of water, i turned my back and heard a thud....there he was flat on his back on the laminate on the kitchen floor.........and he never cried at first so i thought..oh god its bad...then i picked him up and he went hysterical.....i hugged him and kissed him loads and he only cried for about 2mins...he was fine afterwards....checked him over and no marks at all! He had thrown himself over the side for some strange reason...now hes always strapped in! Hes gotten so mobile in the last week or so and i still cant get used to it. I felt like throwing up all day afterwards. Awful x

:hugs: layla was the same when she fell off my bed... totally quiet until i picked her up and then TOTALLY hysterical! it happens to all of us. :flower: xxx

I did the same thing. :dohh:

And me. Well, actually OH did it, but I was there, so partly responsible...

I was giving dex a bath recently and slipped and he smacked his face full force on the baby bath. Thank god it is just plastic. he screamed fora minute of so then he was fine.

Today I was putting him in his door bouncer and he was screaming, I thought it was just because i was taking to long to put him in it. I eventually got him in and then I noticed his forehead was red and slightly scratched. I had scraped his head on the plastic bar and didn't even realise. D'oh

I also dipped him under the bath water by accident recently, he didnt cry he just coughed and gasped and looked a bit shocked and yesterday I got soapy water in his eye and this morning i had to give him a shower because of an explosive poo, the water had gone cold and i didnt realise. I am not cut out of this bathing malarky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->