• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

So, 6 months & I haven't shared yet.

The first one was at dad's 6 month check up. I was trying to flip her the right way to weigh her and the cabinets were a lot lower, and I bumped her poor head on the cabinet. I felt so stupid for doing it in front of the nurse. I was so sure she was going to tell me what a horrible mom I was! Thankfully she just told me we all do things on accident sometimes.

And a few weeks later, I was cuddling with LO & she fell out of the bed :cry: thankfully she wasn't hurt, but I cried the whole time I was rocking her. And of course she stops crying immediately and just wants to nurse & go back to sleep :haha:

I went to the bathroom the other day and left both my boys in the lounge. My 3 year old was watching tv and my 4 month was on the floor on his play mat. I don't really leave them alone together as my 3 year old can be quite clumsy and a bit OTT when it comes to the baby as he loves him so much. So babys in the middle of the floor when I leave, come back 2 minutes later and couldn't see him. I started to panic when I looked at my 3 year old on the otherside of the room doing his half smirk thing holding onto masons leg. He had dragged him by his leg to the otherside of the room :shock: Luckily mason was giggling and Jamie said it was an "accident" but needless to say I wont be leaving the alone together!!:blush:

I went to the bathroom the other day and left both my boys in the lounge. My 3 year old was watching tv and my 4 month was on the floor on his play mat. I don't really leave them alone together as my 3 year old can be quite clumsy and a bit OTT when it comes to the baby as he loves him so much. So babys in the middle of the floor when I leave, come back 2 minutes later and couldn't see him. I started to panic when I looked at my 3 year old on the otherside of the room doing his half smirk thing holding onto masons leg. He had dragged him by his leg to the otherside of the room :shock: Luckily mason was giggling and Jamie said it was an "accident" but needless to say I wont be leaving the alone together!!:blush:

i feel really bad for laughing at that :blush: but i could just imagine my little boy being dragged by his 4YO uncle, and it being a 'accident' im sorry i laughed, im sure you will soon..

i feel really bad for laughing at that :blush: but i could just imagine my little boy being dragged by his 4YO uncle, and it being a 'accident' im sorry i laughed, im sure you will soon..

Lol I laughed too!! Because you just know those little ones thought it was the greatest time ever! Not to worry OP - sounds like everything turned out okay :)

We drove off without strapping lo in the car seat! Only drove about half a mile before we realised! Felt so bad!

Took lo to a lake park today and sat in the shade, but it was cloudy all day so we didn't notice the shade moved and we were in the "sun"....so she got her face burned. Feeling so stupid and terrible.

I was trying to put on makeup and was being distracted by one of my sons standing on the toilet lid attempting to eat lipstick. I clean off his hands and lifted him off the toilet to the floor to see his twin AT MY FEET (not hiding or anything, just right there for me to stop him had I been dutiful) SUCKING ON A TOILET BRUSH. Yep. Mom of the year.

I was trying to put on makeup and was being distracted by one of my sons standing on the toilet lid attempting to eat lipstick. I clean off his hands and lifted him off the toilet to the floor to see his twin AT MY FEET (not hiding or anything, just right there for me to stop him had I been dutiful) SUCKING ON A TOILET BRUSH. Yep. Mom of the year.

Lol I've had close calls with one mobile baby, never mind a second, I can only imagine how vigilant you must be!

My husband and oldest son were out of town, so me, the baby (4 months) and my 3 older kids decided to have a movie night in my bedroom. I put baby in the middle of my king sized bed, surrounded her with pillows & set my ipad down on one of the pillows next to her.
Then I made some pallets on the floor for my older kids and got them all settled. I came back to the bed & pulled the pillows back (forgetting about the ipad) and the ipad flipped over onto the baby's head! It konked her so hard, she cried, it was awful.
It only took a minute to calm her and there was no mark, but I felt so terrible!!
Then to top it off, my 3 older kids were right there and haven't let it go. They told my husband, my mom, pretty much anyone who'll listen "mom hit the baby with her ipad" ugh

My husband and oldest son were out of town, so me, the baby (4 months) and my 3 older kids decided to have a movie night in my bedroom. I put baby in the middle of my king sized bed, surrounded her with pillows & set my ipad down on one of the pillows next to her.
Then I made some pallets on the floor for my older kids and got them all settled. I came back to the bed & pulled the pillows back (forgetting about the ipad) and the ipad flipped over onto the baby's head! It konked her so hard, she cried, it was awful.
It only took a minute to calm her and there was no mark, but I felt so terrible!!
Then to top it off, my 3 older kids were right there and haven't let it go. They told my husband, my mom, pretty much anyone who'll listen "mom hit the baby with her ipad" ugh

I've dropped my tablet on my baby at least four times. The first time it fell six inches and hit him in hus temple with the corner when he was less than a week old. He's such an easygoing baby he never complains, except one screech that first time. But I stayed up ages watching him afterward.

I've dropped my tablet on my baby at least four times. The first time it fell six inches and hit him in hus temple with the corner when he was less than a week old. He's such an easygoing baby he never complains, except one screech that first time. But I stayed up ages watching him afterward.

Aww, poor thing...I know, I felt so bad. I kept waking her up, thinking I probably gave her a concussion:cry:

:( not really a confession, but I feel awful. Had my son on his play mat and he started to fuss while I was cooking. My husband picked him up, and that didn't comfort him so I took him, fed him for no reason, he settled and I took him in the kitchen while I cooked. I was a little grumpy. A while later I changed his diaper and inside on his hip was a quarter sized red spot with what looked like a tiny spot of soft lint at the center. It was a crushed ant. He'd had an ant stuck in there, biting him :( it probably got squashed when I took him. My poor son. He virtually never cries without reason, but I still fail to check sometimes.

Oh my there's so many things I can add to this from the last 3 weeks. I have shouted at my dd numerous times due to her endangering herself by climbing on everything whenever I am feeding her little brother! I've not got myself or my children dressed into oroper clothes for the last week (once df went back to work). I've virtually paid no attention at all to my poor dd since the arrival of my ds and she's too young to understand why and I just feel so so guilty :cry:

:hugs: Baileybubs, your baby is still so tiny, I'm sure you're doing a fab job!
We've been at softplay with some of DD's friends, I had DS sat on my knee and he threw himself backwards, almost off my lap. Luckily I was holding his arms but as he went backwards I felt his elbow 'crack' and he just screamed. Cue hysterical mother heading off to see the GP- and they were lovely and saw me straight away and everything is fine but I feel so guilty!

My son choked on a plastic fake toy cookie. He was play eating it then he shoved it in his mouth and it got stuck so I had to fish it out with my fingers then he was sick all over the both of us. I need a glass of wine.

Here's my confession:

I just switched over completely to Formula, now that I'm working full time. And have just completed sleep training at 4 months. Yup.. GASP.. formula and sleep training in one sentence. The horror. This horrible mama is is getting up to eight hours a of sleep a night, now. I wake up so fresh and happy, I kiss my baby all day every day (when we're together of course.)

I feel so terrible!!

I was sitting on mom's bed with my LO next to me laying down. She had rolled really close to the edge and I got distracted by something and turned my back on her. Then I looked back and no baby! She had rolled off the bed onto the floor :( I think she started crying because I screamed. My mom heard us and came back into the room. She took LO from me and I literally fell down I couldn't stay on my legs! My mom was so calm, she cuddled LO till she stopped crying and told me how we all did worse things and fell off even higher places and were fine. I asked her if LO needs an xray she laughed and said no. I think I cried a little!!!

I feel so terrible!!

I was sitting on mom's bed with my LO next to me laying down. She had rolled really close to the edge and I got distracted by something and turned my back on her. Then I looked back and no baby! She had rolled off the bed onto the floor :( I think she started crying because I screamed. My mom heard us and came back into the room. She took LO from me and I literally fell down I couldn't stay on my legs! My mom was so calm, she cuddled LO till she stopped crying and told me how we all did worse things and fell off even higher places and were fine. I asked her if LO needs an xray she laughed and said no. I think I cried a little!!!

Aw your mom sounds great :)

DD ate my fake eyelashes!

Yep!!!! Barf! Gross! No other way to put it!!

DH and I had plans to go out for a romantic dinner last night, I bought fake eyashes and had wonderful intentions of wearing them but never got around to it! Somehow set them on the side of DDs crib, forgot about them, and then today during her nap I heard her saying "mmmm mmmm" over the monitor - suddenly rembered the false lashes!! I dashed into her room just in time to scoop them out of her mouth - (I hope I got them all) :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->