The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

you're not alone Sublime Ivy! A few weeks ago I was bathing Billie and swished some water over her tummy. I must have swished it a bit hard... she had her mouth open and a load went in and she turned bright red and started spluttering :( She was a bit shocked but fine... i felt well bad.

This isn't mine, it's my husbands, but I just had to share!!

Oliver has one of those push along truck thingys
https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42875041&mcb=core

Oliver loves to sit in it, while hubby pulls him along (I attatched a shoelace to the front!!)

Anyway, today, Karl was pulling him along quite fast and Oliver was squealing away, loving it. All of a sudden, the wheel hit something on the floor, which stopped the truck quite suddenly. Oliver didn't stop though and literally went arse over tit and landed face first, with quite a big thud!!! The poor thing was just laying there and hubby was in so much shock, he just stood and stared at him for a few seconds!!!

He was ok after a big hug from daddy (finally) and a magic kiss from mummy. Just a big red mark!!

My poor baby. Now I know why I stay at home and look after him and not hubby!!! :rofl:

Ha, ha, I love this thread. I have way too many to mention but yesterday me, OH and our 2 cherubs went to a pub for lunch. My eldest daughter bumped her head on a chair I moved to stop her running out of the door so I picked her up to give her a cuddle and banged her head on the mantlepiece that was behind me!

xxx

Ok so yesterday i put Maisie in her swing, i always forget to do the straps up but remembered yesterday.. so i was doing them up ( she was just in a vest ) and i caught a bit of her skin in the clip :cry:

I didnt even notice i done it, she just started crying... she was ok after a hug but on the night she had a red mark. I felt awful!

I'm so glad it's not just me who has done these things!! I honestly thought I was going to be a terrible mother who should be shot at dawn when I first did a 'bad mother' thing after only 2 days at home!!

I had been feeding Amy on the settee, then when I went to get up I was very careful to make sure I was supporting her head and neck, no limbs dangling etc. Didn't occur to me that after a long old feed my legs may be asleep.... When I got up, my body wanted to walk but my legs refused, which resulted in me wobbling head first towards the TV, then the wall, with baby in arms!! DH was stood watching horrified during this whole event. Luckily my arms took the brunt of the collision, so LO was none the wiser, however I felt soooo bad I actually burst into uncontrollable inappropriate laughter! :dohh:

Have also done the not strapping baby into carseat bit. Twice. Oops....

I changed dex's nappy earlier only to find the lid of the sudo cream tub along with poo. I'd changed his nappy about two hours before and i must have dropped it in there he had a big red ring where it had been pressing into his flesh. No wonder he woke up from his nap crying.

I can't believe it had been in there for hours and he hardly complained.

OMG sublime ivy thats hilarious.....poor Dex....but that has given me a smile Thank you x

I was putting Aisling into her car seat and banged her head on the handle on the way down. Her poor face crinkled so I took her out, gave her a cuddle and promptly banged her head again when I put her back in! :dohh: Decided it'd be safer to comfort her in her seat that time! :blush:

Ava woke up yesterday morning and didnt have any bottles seralised :blush:

Ohh and yesterday night I THOUGHT i put the monitors on but i didnt - she could have been crying for ages for all i know!! :blush:

Alice has been waking in the night from teething pain, so after an hour of trying to get her back to sleep after a change and feed at 2 am I gave her some tylenol. She was lying across my lap and I was sitting on the couch, I guess my reaction time isn't as good when I'm barely awake because she just sort of slid off onto the floor. Before I realised she was already hitting the floor head first :( :cry: I feel like such a bad mommy :cry:

ok, mine sound pretty "safe" compared to you other bad mothers!!!! :)
Niamh has rolled off the bed twice and the sofa once. Oh and when she was about 4 months old i splashed hot tea over her face! No permanent scars thank god.
But dont you just feel god damn awful?!?!?!?

OMG i forget to strap the car seat in. Joshua was strapped in the seat but the seat wasn't strapped in!

I put him in the car, and then I was saying a tearful goodbye to my best friend who is off back to Canada. I was meant to get back in after the goodbyes and strap it up, but it slipped my mind. i drove him half crying....

It wasn't until I went to get him out I realised what I had done. i felt awful and it made me cry even more. it was only a 5 minutes drive, but that doesn't matter. I would never have forgiven myself if anything happened.

i am soo bad

I have another one....
Yesterday i was changing Niamh into her t-shirt because it got really hot and muggy. Anyway, as i was trying to pull the t-shirt over her head, my hand slipped off and i gouged a huge mark all the way down her back with my nail!!! She screamed and i felt like the crappest mother EVER!!! My OH come upstairs and said "you haven't let her fall off the bed again have you?" (ahem)........

I was shopping with Cameron, and I un-did his car seat buckles. Put him in the car after a few hours of shopping, and when I got home, realized they were still un-done! Wooops!

Me and Bill were play fighting on the bed over a phone, i grabbed it off him and the battery flew out, into the hair and straight into Kyla's moses basket next to the bed. At first i didnt think it had hit her but then she screamed! Turns out it must have landed on her nose cos she had a little cut on it. Felt sooo guilty.

Bill also dropped the remote control on her face, no marks or cuts that time though!

Poor thing, she isnt even a month old yet!

I've gone too deep twice with the nail scissors now and he bled and bled and bled for hours..didn't seem to notice, but oh God! Blood all over my baby's onesie!

BTW him falling from somewhere is my worst fear...or a car cutting in front of us too fast and colliding with the side where his seat his. Everything is my worst fear.

Me and OH had 2 bottles of wine last night, normally when lo wakes up muttering or winging we go and comfort her. Neither of us could be bothered to get out of bed last night. Good job there wasnt somehting actually wrong

Best tread EVER!!!!

My story: Baby Landon (now nearly 3 but will always be "baby landon") was just starting to roll over. Well, he slept in be with me and the hubby one night. The next morning I woke up and decided to take a shower since Landon was still asleep. I had just stepped into the shower when I heard a crash. I ran across the hall totally nekkid, jumped clear over the bed to find Baby Landon laying on the floor UNDER the night stand. I was totally traumatized, he cried for just a few minutes, and the hubby still laughs about to this day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->