The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I feel so bad, Skylar doesn't settle in the moses basket at night until she is REALLY sleeping sound. We usually put her in the bouncer and bounce her to sleep and then put her in the moses for the night, but last night me and OH both fell asleep and she was in the bouncer all night for about 10 till 6ish:S:S:S She seemed to sleep better though... LOL.

Well i was hoping to not have towrite on this thread!!

But tonight i done something awful to my DS.
I was bathing him before bedtime (1st time for me as hubby normally does it) well he was enjoying his bath until the shampoo bottle slipped through my fingers and hit him on the forehead - he screamed the place down!!

I felt so bad it took a while to pacify him. My husband just laughed!
Now I'm watching the monitor like a hawk!! just pray hes not concussed.

Billie was after the cat so I jumped ahead and scooped the cat up (she can get a bit nasty if Billie grabs a handfull of tummy and fur) then tripped over Billie, knocked her over and she bumped her head on the floor :( Clumsy mummy!

Billie was after the cat so I jumped ahead and scooped the cat up (she can get a bit nasty if Billie grabs a handfull of tummy and fur) then tripped over Billie, knocked her over and she bumped her head on the floor :( Clumsy mummy!

But at least you saved her from getting sratched, cats scratches bloody hurt.

I always change Paddy on the kitchen table since we live in a 3 storie house and his room is on the top floor, i just couldnt be bothered going all the way up there everytime he does a poo! So anyway...usually if i give him a clean nappy to hold he will lay still and just chew the nappy and play with it...so i put him on his mat....with a clean nappy to hold and turned my back for a second to open the baby wipes...i hear a noise....turn around and he has rolled off the mat and luckily.....landed on to the chair that was kinda pulled out from under the table...he was on his belly and looked like he was taking part in the lying down game on facebook...he never even noticed he fell i think, he still had the nappy in his hand! My heart was on the floor though!!! Never leaving him there again! x

Reading this thread has made me feel better!!! When Katie was about 5wks old I'd put her on the bathroom floor whilst I washed my hands. As I picked her up I failed to realise her head was directly under the sink, and promptly whacked her head on it :( I was so so worried & in tears. Thankfully she was ok.

Last week I also hit her leg quite hard on the door frame as I was walking thru it. She cried but was ok after a few minutes, and I still keep squeezing her leg to check it's ok!

well I feel bad.

Mylo had thrush in his mouth so doc gave me summink that I had to give 4 times a dat for 5 days.

well it was really tough after the first time.. he cried, held his breath the lot! .. but after a day, the thrush seemed to have gone so I didnt see the point in completing the course.

well its back.. and now I have to go back to the doc- tail between my legs :cry:

i feel so terrible i think i have traumatised charlie :( i giving him his breakfast this morning when i draggonfly/daddylong legs decided to attak me :( i let out a scream and charlie nearly hit the roof, he wouldnt stop crying for ages.

i feel soooo bad, its all my fault for being a total wuss. :rofl:

xx

last night i was giving bethany fish shapes for dinner (the ones with peas and sweetcorn in aswell) anyway i did them in advance and cut them open. felt tem and they felt cool enough. well bethany picked one up, squished it and started screaming...the insides were still hot for her :'( took ages to settle her and i felt so bad.

Ive got three:
- we went out for dinner last week and I was changing Linds when my dish came (so I didn't see the waitress to be fair). Came back to the table, sat Linds on my lap where she promptly reached for the plate w/ my dinner on it - which was SCALDING HOT even for an adult :cry: She screamed blue murder, I hadda leave the restaurant to calm her down :cry:
- had Linds on our bed a coupla days ago while I was getting ready for work in the morning. She's learning to roll over and while I was fussing w/ my hair, she must have squirmed her way to the edge of the bed. I turned around just in time to see her slither to the floor and land on her belly... she bumped her head too (not hard but still). I will hv that picture in my mind FOREVER, my poor lil one lying in a lump on the floor :cry:
- am trying Linds w/ solids and she likes apple but in pieces not pureed. Had her in her high chair at grandma's and gave her far-too-old (so too soft and squishy) apple pieces... She now has teeth so she managed to bite off a piece which thank God was too big to swallow but she could hv choked if I hadn't happened to look when I did.. :cry:

I'm a terrible mom...

:cry:

Oh I'm sure I've got plenty of these, but the banging the leg on the door frame is definitely one!

I did three, three days in a row. First day I scratched her head with my fingernails. She screamed....

Second day I hit her just above the eye as I was putting my boob back, my hand pinged off the bra elastic. She screamed

Third day I was taking her from my sister and got her foot caught on something.

Fourth day she didn't speak to me all day!

Then of course there was the time I dropped her into her cot. It was just because the cot base wasn't at its highest setting, and I'm only wee. She knocked her knapper off her mobile thing, but there were no tears so I don't think she hurt herself. I did stay up most of the night checking on her though. On the plus side, it did mean Mr Foo finally got round to raising the base of the cot up a notch!

I'm just waiting for the big one that ends in a trip to A&E!

Hiya all, I feel so much better knowing I am not the only mum who goes through these little incidents!! Toby is my first and I have felt guilty quite a few times-he fell off the bed and has bumped his head on the doorway however it seems I have quite a few more incidents still to go.....think I will go and hide those scissors!!

Well i felt like the worse mummy in the world!!
Tyler is 4 months old and the health visitor had been round to see him and we had established that Tyler could not just yet roll over.
The next day i am changing Tyler on my bed [its only a low bed say about 2 foot] + i place him in the middle of the bed and turn around to get my change mat, i am disabled so everything take that extra bit longer.
But i thought he was ok, anyway i just turn around to this thud on the floor, the silence and then that almighty scream.
I called for my mum + she said to put a cold flannel on the back of his head. he screamed for a good 15 mins. I felt so guilty i was in tears i couldnt even look at him, he depends on me to loook after him not let him get hurt.
I called the HV straight away and she said not to worry too much as long as he wasnt lathargic (SP?) or really sleepy or being sick, he will be ok. I just felt like the worst mummy in the world i couldnt believe it!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Well i felt like the worse mummy in the world!!
Tyler is 4 months old and the health visitor had been round to see him and we had established that Tyler could not just yet roll over.
The next day i am changing Tyler on my bed [its only a low bed say about 2 foot] + i place him in the middle of the bed and turn around to get my change mat, i am disabled so everything take that extra bit longer.
But i thought he was ok, anyway i just turn around to this thud on the floor, the silence and then that almighty scream.
I called for my mum + she said to put a cold flannel on the back of his head. he screamed for a good 15 mins. I felt so guilty i was in tears i couldnt even look at him, he depends on me to loook after him not let him get hurt.
I called the HV straight away and she said not to worry too much as long as he wasnt lathargic (SP?) or really sleepy or being sick, he will be ok. I just felt like the worst mummy in the world i couldnt believe it!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

oh my i had this happen to me the other day i was so tired and i put gertie in the middle of the bed with her toys and i must have closed my eyes for a second cause the next thing i heard was a thud.

i screamed then looked to find her lying on the floor luckly my bed is low but it as a little ledge on it covered in leather so she must have gone face first into this but she wasn't crying well not until she saw my face cause i paniced.

we noticed the next day that she had a slightly black eye i feel so bad even cried knowing it was my fault.

I have another (so soon I hear you say)

We are trying to establish a good sleeping routine and stopping her feeding herself to sleep. The first night we did it was saturday and after an hour of her just refusing to go to sleep when we put her down (whingeing, girning and eventually getting herself so worked up she wouldn't sleep) I picked her up with a "RIGHT, FINE I'LL FEED YOU" I guess I did it a little too roughly and gave her a scare because she stopped for about ten seconds and then howled even more. Oh did I feel bad for that one.

As a result I let the little mite feed herself to sleep and she was out for the count ten minutes later.

We started it again last night when mummy was in a better humour and more able to deal with it. :blush: (She did much better and was asleep in 30 minutes):baby:

well we had our first falling off the bed :cry:
made much worse by the fact that both myself and my OH were standing about a foot away with our backs to her arguing about what she was going to wear that day...
head first onto floorboards (the only bit of the room that isnt covered by the rug) :cry:
what a bad bad mummy (& daddy.. we then argued about whose fault it was she fell off) but i was stood closest....:cry:
feel soooo bad....

during my birthday weekend had to take Dustin to Emergency room twice! First the little devil found a bottle of Advil gelcaps and ate 6 before we caught him. The next day he got under the cupboard and drank some Mr. Clean floor cleaner. I thought for sure that CPS were going to take him away from us! Then a few months later we were having a family BBQ and Anna was trying to walk down the stairs so DH took her by the arm to help her, and ended up dislocating her elbow!

glad to know i'm not alone! Keagan has done half of this...lets see what happened today :p.

I was carrying him on one hip and the laundry on the other hip. I rounded the corner to sharp and smacked his forehead on the door frame.

I ran to grab the phone and he slipped and smacked his head on the hard wood floors.

I accidently got a bit of soap in his mouth during bath this morning...

Just another day :)! I am also guilty in his younger days...
- letting him roll of the bed or couch once or twice
- forgetting to close the gate
-

I think the WORSE thing that I've done was when he was just crawling. I was baking cookies and accidently broke a glass measuring cup by dropping it on the ground. I closed the gate (or so I thought) to the kitchen and cleaned it up. I then heard a scream. I turned around and the gate was OPEN and Keagan was on the floor with a giant piece of glass. Luckily he had only sliced his hand, but it was so scary!

LOVE THIS THREAD :)

just found dex under the bed chewing on a very old dirty cotton bud. lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->