The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

My turn to join in tonight!

Had been out with Euan this afternoon and we were a little bit late coming home so he was crying before we even got back. Came in from the car, I nipped into the kitchen to boil the kettle because I didn't have a bottle ready - like I normally do! Came back into the livingroom and took Euan upstairs to check his nappy. I was desperate for the loo so I put Euan in his cot to watch his mobile while I nipped to the toilet. Anyway came out of the loo, checked on Euan and thought I'll run down to the kitchen and finish making his bottle. While making his bottle I heard him starting to cry again and just thought it was because he was hungry. So made up the bottle and popped it in a jug of water to cool.

Then ran back upstairs to get Euan only to find the reason he was crying - he had managed to get his legs stuck through the bars of his cot and couldn't move. No wonder the little thing was crying so much :( I feel horrible :cry:

Oh my word this is almost the same as I did today! We went to the docs for two jabs and were late back, so Eddie was crying. Popped him on the sofa to yell while I warmed a bottle (like 2 metres away) and didn't realise that at some point he'd rolled off the sofa and was yelling under the coffee table! :blush: Picked him up to cuddle him better and then realised he was also sitting in a pooey nappy - which might have started the crying in the first place! Poor guy.

Ive got another one toadd from a few weeks ago

Brooke was standing at the kitchen cupboard under the sink and she knows she's not allowed to, she pulled the cupboard open, and shut her fingers in it so started to cry, i went to pick her up but she didnt let go of the handle with her other hand and the force pulled the door open and smacked her in the head :lol: :blush: :dohh: oooops!!

agrh im the worst for the pooey nappy thing.... ill be bouncing charlie on my lap trying to make him laugh and he'll be crying like mad, little do i know its cos he's got a dirty nappy! poor dude, that must feel horrible.....
walked his buggy into some shelves in sainsburys too, woops!!

LO is just over 5wks old and still hasn't had a proper bath. i top and tail him every morning but feel bad he hasn't had proper one. bit scared about doing it as he was 4wks prem and still quite tiny.

LO is just over 5wks old and still hasn't had a proper bath. i top and tail him every morning but feel bad he hasn't had proper one. bit scared about doing it as he was 4wks prem and still quite tiny.

I don't use one but have been considering getting one - there are loads of bath supports on Ebay that I think would make it easier

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/baby-bath-se..._Baby_Bathing_Grooming_LE?hash=item2a0251ce5d

The link to a brand new one -

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44537031&mcb=core

I'm afraid I have another one. I was watching some stupid daytime TV while Ruby was napping upstairs, there was something on about babies and a baby was crying. It went on for a while until I realised it was actually Ruby crying.

LOL! I did this in hospital with Daniel in the middle of the night. "I wish someone would see to their crying baby...moan moan grumble". Whoops! It was mine :lol:

I took Ellis out of his Jumperoo yesterday and he wrigled and slipped out of my hands. Made a right old thud when he hit the floor. Didn't even cry and was as right as rain for the rest of the day.

OMG I've done the nails thing too. The other day I was cutting James's fingernails, got to the 4th finger and as I clipped it he started screaming....and I realised I had clipped the skin on the end of his finger as well as his nail. I just burst into tears and he actually stopped crying before I did!

my 1st one :(

i put ryan to bed in his cot and i leave him to go to sleep on his own but now he's able to roll *doh*

anyways i heard him crying and just thought h'ed lost his dmmy for a minute put it back in and went for a fag with door slightly ajar so i could hear..i didn't though and stepped on first stair and heard this heartbreaking sob,he'd roll over but upwards with an arm underneath him and head crooked over in the cot bars :(

felt awful i had to pick him up and cuddle him i felt awful :(

i had aly on my hip a while back and walked into my living room forgetting that i'd need more space to get through the door and hit her head on the door frame! :(

xxx

DH took a half day last week so I could go to some job interviews. In that morning, he had two near misses that could've happened just as easily when I was home:

First, we've got a toy that Mothercare forgot to take the security tag off of (y'know, the big plastic ones). We've been meaning to bring it back and get them to take it off, but figured it wasn't urgent since he'd never be able to get it off so it wasn't dangerous. Think again! DH turned around at one point to see Dylan on the playmat with the tag in two pieces right by his head: one a small bit of metal he could easily have choked on, and the other an inch-long spike! I felt so bad for not getting it removed before now, both for the danger it posed to Dylan and the shock it gave poor DH! :lol:

Next, he put him down for a nap and after a while, heard some rustling over the monitor. He went in to discover that somehow the plastic sandwich bag that was supposed to sit on the headboard of the cot (containing the Karvol-soaked tissue) had fallen down and was on Dylan's chest! Dylan was still fast asleep but if it'd landed on his face, it could've been a real problem. I'd thought it was well balanced so that it would fall down onto the floor before it would end up in the cot but I guess I was wrong again!

^^^^ Sue Mothercare - you'll probably win a fortune!

The othe day my DH was playing peek-a-boo with the high chair tray and next thing I now LO is screaming and Daddy looks upset. He smacked him in the face with it :(

God I remember this thread when it was first created months ago and had a few giggles, glad I had nothing to report...

Well that didn't last very long! My heart still jumps in my throat everytime I think about what could have happened to my four month old a couple of days ago.

Aeron was having a nap wrapped up on our bed in his dad's dressing gown because I didn't have a blanket to hand. Before long he has it pulled up over his face (which he does all the time with blankets etc). While daddy was tidying up, he had to reach a corner shelf by standing on the bed.

Of course, daddy forgot the LO was there didn't he? I heard the sudden startled shrieks from Aeron, who was quickly picked up and craddled by daddy.

Apparently daddy had stood on Aeron on his stomach/chest but just enough pressure to scare them both. THANKFULLY daddy pulled his foot back when "he felt something squidgy". Aeron is absolutely fine - I think it might have been more a fright than anything - but daddy got the brunt of it. Took me ages to console him.

Regardless, I can't bear to think what could have happened if my partner hadn't been so soft footed!

I'll be making sure situations like that won't be happening again!

I have a Dh opps!

Him and my daughter were outside and daddy had the car jacked up with a high lift jack.
While he was letting it down it slipped and Alyssa was standing to close and it caught her on the top of her forehead.
Daddy comes in with crying Alyssa while blood is running down her face... She needed 3 stiches.
She still tells everyone about the day daddy let the jack hit her in the head. Lol

4 weeks in and I have my first confessional post to write....

1. On his 2nd night home the night feeds were still a struggle (I've now got used to only getting 2.5 hours sleep at a time! lol) and I accidentally overheated his bottle. I thought I had tested it and couldn't feel it but turned out I'd missed my arm. Thankfully Earl told me it was too hot before he swallowed any as it was far far too hot even for me!

2. Just today (Which is why I have to write this as I feel so guilty) Earl was propped up on the sofa watching me fold the washing as he does and started to grizzle. I went to pick him up and he must have been grabbing at some threads on the corner of the cushion. They had somehow got looped around his finger and when I picked him up the cushion (twice the size of him!) came with him. Thankfully I noticed pretty sharpish and the thread didn't go in deep, it's just grazed him a little on his little finger. It's the first time he's felt anything like that though and cried for ages with his first tears. I felt so bad! :cry:

Please don't judge me ladies...I feel so bad!

my LO was with me and 2 aunts, they put him on a toy horsie (not for his age) and were holding him but not well enough, and he fell right off and smacked his head on the floor.
im confessing because i was thinking its a bad idea and i should probarly say something but i didnt! ah well.. at least he is fine!

i have 2 more to add

1) evan and i were taking a walk and he was running at that fast pace toddler run and he tripped and landed smack on his head on the concrete :cry: poor baby, he is fine but got a nasty bump/bruise on his forehead.

2) this was aweful. i had him down for a nap and he was sleeping with a knit blanket my mother made him and i heard him scream over the monitor and when i went in i picked him up and i couldnt figure anything wrong with him and he cried for like 10 minutes when i finally checked his finger he had gotten a little string from the blanket wrapped around his little finger and it had turned blue. i quickly got it off and he is fine but the poor baby, any longer and it could have done permanent damage :cry: :cry: i feel like such a horrible mommy :cry:

it looks like lots of people have had the string accident. its awful.wish they werent so delicate :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->