The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

You know how when older kids have a growth spurt and they don't yet realize how big they are -- and they are forever smacking themselves on corners and doorways??

Well, I am doing that to my own child! :dohh:

He's growing so fast, that I don't realize how big he is -- I'll have him in my arms, carrying him through the house and all of the sudden -- WHACK -- there goes his arm against the doorway because I didn't realize how far it stuck out. Or I'll be putting him down in his swing and --- WHAM --- bang his head on the top because I don't realize how tall he suddenly is!

Egads, I should bloody well pay better attention! :blush:

Usually he doesn't even noticed getting banged, but a couple of times he's let out gawd awful howls. :cry: Poor guy.

BAD MOMMY!! :trouble:

Im guilty of this too lol!!!

Went to sainsburys and had brought the trolley to the car and had just put violet in it about to start shopping, bent down to grab my bag from the car and turned to see the trolley had rolled away into the road with violet in it!!
WHAT IF A CAR HAD COME BY AT THAT EXACT MOMENT!!!
I am so stupid I never put the brakes on the trolley!!

Not really my fault but Olivia just whacked herself in the head with a hard rattle and I feel so bad. We both cried together lol x

Me and chase made a boo boo with our first night with our daughter at the hospital. They used to let you choose between having your baby in the nursery and the nurse taking care of them, but now they put the baby in your room and you take care of them.
Well at two in the morning they wheeled her in and neither chase or I knew we were suppose to feed and change her we assumed they did that. Well no wonder she wouldn't stop crying and chase had to get the nurses help, we felt soooooooo bad!!!!

There my first mommy confession, non eles to report on!

Last week, i just popped downstairs to get something and OH was upstairs with Holly he turned his back just for a second but he didn't know i had left the stairgate open and holly fell all the way down the stairs :cry: :cry: Shes ok tho stopped crying pretty quick and there is not a mark on her..... :(

Not my fault but my 3 year old nephew trod on Bellas foot yesterday :-( Bella screamed and screamed, poor little thing :-(

Today I had diaper cream all over my hands so I put Elyse on the floor, left the diaper cream (with lid on) on the coffee table and went to the kitchen to clean it up.. she is 9 months old and can cruise around and get stuff off of the coffee table.. well, I came back after about a minute and she's sitting on the floor putting her hand in the diaper cream and then putting her hand in her mouth :sick:

So she ate a fistful of diaper cream :sick: ... she's fine but it's still gross!

No mummy confessions yet (give me time lol!) but I have a daddy confession...

Rob was playing with Holly with her froggy rattle thing, waggling it about a foot above her head...and bloody dropped it on her. Hit her in the face. Made her cry. Needless to say, he got shouted at! Doh.

When Leyla was a few weeks old, we took her over to my MILs and her little cousins were there. The 18 month old came over to look at her and reached out to stroke her face so we relaxed about letting him near her, until he came over and stood about a foot away then threw a ball at her head will full force. It don't even really know where it hit her - no bruises came up - but it made a big thump and must've really hurt, the poor thing. It was one of those really hard bouncy balls :( I felt so bad about not watching him properly and always check what he's holding if he comes near now!

I have fallen asleep in the middle of feeding Chloe to wake up and see the teat of the bottle was on her cheek and milk was dripping down her, she was soaked and looking at me really confused!

I have fallen asleep in the middle of feeding Chloe to wake up and see the teat of the bottle was on her cheek and milk was dripping down her, she was soaked and looking at me really confused!
:rofl: :rofl:

That's hilarious!

Ohhh man I gave my baby girl a bath today and hit her foot on the door not hard or anything but it gave me a fright.

We were at my mums yesterday for xmas day dinner. We ended up staying and I had a few glasses of wine. OH's sister came to the house with her boyf and my family etc were there.

When we went to put LO to bed in the travel cot, he was soooo unsettled and upset. I have never felt so guilty in my life - it was just too long a day and it was noisy and people were coming and going. We were supposed to go out tonight with my sister babysitting but have now decided against it, as yesterday was enough drama for him :(

Yesterday, Halen was playing with his new push along walker (he was sat on the floor with OH playing with it) and OH turned around to get the camera to take a picture...who should then decide to fall on his face?? Halen of course :dohh: he landed onto one of his new stacking cups and he had a big red mark on his head and cried for a good 10 minutes! The worse bit was OH told me and I panicked and...laughed :| I laugh when I'm nervous so there I was giggling away with Halen crying in OH's arms with OH giving me evils, telling me I'm a bad mother and shouldn't laugh when my son is hurt.

River throws her body back when she smiles, i was around a friends house and her mum was talking to River on my lap and she got excited, threw herself back and smacked her head on the coffee table. she didnt even notice though but i defiantly did!

Evie banged her head on OH's collar bone the other day and boy did she cry.. you know the heart wrenching cry with the little downturned mouth? My OH was mortified and nearly burst into tears of guilt bless him!

I had Cole on my lap yesterday, soundly sleeping and the cat jumped up. I thought I'd let him get a good sniff as we've been shooing him away the past month. Well, the cat gave a good sniff and then chomped down on baby's hand! Luckily, Cole didn't wake up, but I had a good fit! That cat bites hard, I'm surprised he didn't wake up!

When he was about three weeks old, I was sitting on the couch and Cole was lying against me. I tried to get up, but was still sore from my c-section and slipped. Poor baby, whacked the side of his head against the coffee table. I calmed him down, then I started crying and had to call my DH to calm me down! I was so scared I had caused brain damage!

Oh man do I feel bad! After discussing on here about how i won't be able to leave Lucas on the sofa anymore I left him on the sofa to go and get a nappy and clothes for him, I thought I had wedged him in pretty good but the next thing i know i hear a thud and Lucas crying....

He'd fallen off the sofa! :o I felt awful (and still do) so I gave him loads of cuddles and he soon settled down, but I will definitely not be leaving him unattended on the sofa again!

Numerous times when i have finished feeding Finley & I put him over my shoulder to wind him while in bed & with the rhythm(sp) of me rubbing his back he bangs his head on the headboard :dohh: not hard & he doesnt even notice but I feel so guilty :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->