The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Yesterday i managed somehow to hit joshua's head off the corner of the kitchen cupbard. Was holding him and he wriggled causing his head to crack against it. Ouch. He cried and I cried lol. Tiny little bruise there now. I felt awful

Ruby was sitting up on the rug in the living room and she made a lunge for one of her toys and flopped over backwards. I tried to catch her and scratched her with my nails that I keep forgetting to cut :(

Mason was in his bouncer and was falling asleep so i tried to take off the toy bit, but it was stuck so i yanked it hard and one of the toys wacked him square in the head :cry: he got such a fright and started screaming for ages, he has a big red mark !!

i feel awful :cry:

We had our first accident today - I feel horrible! We were in a cafe and I moved a hot cup of tea out of the reach of an older child...and into the reach of mine. The next thing I knew he had reached out and with bizarrely perfect aim picked it upand tipped it over me, splashing his hand in the process. We got his hand in cold water and I took him outside where he calmed down and even started smiling again after about 10 kminutes so I think it was just the shock.
The thing that shook me as much as the accident was other people's reactions. If I saw that happen I would be falling over myself to help. There were several other mums in there, all glaring and commenting and while we were outside, people actually stopped to stare and comment about him crying. The only nice person was an old man who came outside and asked if we were OK and told me about when his son got scalded.
If I ever see thius happen to anyone else I am going to stand up and shout "me too!" in the middle of the cafe to make the mum feel better!

He was fine - he just got a fright. The tea wasn't hot enough to scald - just hot enough to smart. I suppose it is better that we have this little accident now and I know that his co-ordination has improved enough for me to have to keep things out of his reach, rather than have a big accident later when he grabs for something really dangerous.

If anyone ever sees anything like this happen to anyone else, please, please offer sympathy and reassurance - it will make the mum feel just a bit less horrible!

Oh god yes, if I see another parent struggling or having some kind of mishap I'm often telling them the same has happened to me, as it usually has!
Kit, I've had so many near misses with your type of accident, I now always get my coffee in a lidded takeaway cup.

Mason was in his bouncer and was falling asleep so i tried to take off the toy bit, but it was stuck so i yanked it hard and one of the toys wacked him square in the head :cry: he got such a fright and started screaming for ages, he has a big red mark !!

Good god Rach....do i need to call social services...????? Only joking hun :hugs:

Good god Rach....do i need to call social services...????? Only joking hun :hugs:

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I thought u where being serious first glance Haha :hugs:

never!!!! I know your the best mummy in the world!!!!

never!!!! I know your the best mummy in the world!!!!

:smug: hehe....thanks :hugs: ... we all are! :)

i have no stories yet for sam but loads for chloe (whos 9 now) including falling off the bed, down the stairs, cutting her finger as well as her nails and loads more but one that stands out is she was crawling round the kitchen babbling away to herself then she went quiet and i turned round to see her eating the dogs dry food, now if that wasnt bad enough i didnt stop her immediately, instead i took a photo first then grabbed her off the floor :blush:

i have no stories yet for sam but loads for chloe (whos 9 now) including falling off the bed, down the stairs, cutting her finger as well as her nails and loads more but one that stands out is she was crawling round the kitchen babbling away to herself then she went quiet and i turned round to see her eating the dogs dry food, now if that wasnt bad enough i didnt stop her immediately, instead i took a photo first then grabbed her off the floor :blush:

LOL! :rofl:

I had my first accident the other day............. I thought i'd try cutting Toms nails while he was asleep but nipped his finger! He woke up and screamed the house down, I felt awful but then today we had our 2nd accident which was much worse.............. Taking the dogs for a walk with my mum and the pram - a 3wheeler with a carrycot attached - we stopped to put doggies on the lead and the wind caught the pram tipping the whole thing over, Tom included! It woke him up of course and there was a lot of screaming, mainly out of shock but luckily no injuries! I'm just glad there was no one around to see and hope that nothing comes in threes! xxx

MOlly was shuffling round the floor today, and was trying to pick up a tiny bit of fluff or something off the carpet. It was so funny watching, and I didnt think she would be able to get it... so it didnt even cross my mind to stop her. Two seconds later she launched towards it with her mouth and ate it. :blush:

MOlly was shuffling round the floor today, and was trying to pick up a tiny bit of fluff or something off the carpet. It was so funny watching, and I didnt think she would be able to get it... so it didnt even cross my mind to stop her. Two seconds later she launched towards it with her mouth and ate it. :blush:

:rofl: That actually made me laugh.

Freya ate a bit of paper this morning, I didn't even know she had it.

Yesterday I took her swimming, and decided to swim backwards whilst holding her in the air, this doesn't work, lol, we both sank and I found it pretty hard to get back on my feet! Needless to say, Freya wasn't impressed. Despite being fine underwater she wasn't ready this time and coughed a lot. :blush: Also loads of people were watching. Oops.

Yesterday I took her swimming, and decided to swim backwards whilst holding her in the air, this doesn't work, lol, we both sank and I found it pretty hard to get back on my feet! Needless to say, Freya wasn't impressed. Despite being fine underwater she wasn't ready this time and coughed a lot. :blush: Also loads of people were watching. Oops.

:rofl:

That's funny....

You know how when older kids have a growth spurt and they don't yet realize how big they are -- and they are forever smacking themselves on corners and doorways??

Well, I am doing that to my own child! :dohh:

He's growing so fast, that I don't realize how big he is -- I'll have him in my arms, carrying him through the house and all of the sudden -- WHACK -- there goes his arm against the doorway because I didn't realize how far it stuck out. Or I'll be putting him down in his swing and --- WHAM --- bang his head on the top because I don't realize how tall he suddenly is!

Egads, I should bloody well pay better attention! :blush:

Usually he doesn't even noticed getting banged, but a couple of times he's let out gawd awful howls. :cry: Poor guy.

BAD MOMMY!! :trouble:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->