The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I managed to thump poor Brooke in the head this morning when I was pulling up her pram suit ready to go out. . .my hand just slipped off the material. :blush:

She turned around and gave me the dirtiest look ever-but I totally deserved it! I feel awful, poor little thing!

We've had a bad couple of days!!

My little dude has started crawling and sometimes I forget! Yesterday we were getting ready to go out in the car so I left Euan in the middle of the livingroom floor with a toy and nipped into the kitchen (about 3 steps away) to get his car seat. Came back into the livingroom, carrying the car seat in front of me so couldn't really see much and ended up standing on Euan's hand!!!!! He'd crawled over to the door and was right underneath were I couldn't see. Poor little dude :(

Then twice today he's crawled into the only room we have laminate flooring in and landed flat on his nose :nope: He's not been a happy bunny today!

The first time I put Braylon in the Jolly Jumper last month he went nuts. He was jumping around (as much as a 2 month old can) like crazy for a good half hour. I noticed that the side of his sleeper was a little wet and I just figured he must have just had a little pee. Nope! I noticed that the feet of his sleeper were soaked an the carpet had 2 nasty wet spots. I guess the harnes squeezed his poopy diaper and it made it run down his legs :sick:
Braylon didnt notice at all. He was too happy to care. There's still 2 little side by side stains on the carpet. I change his diaper right before I put him in the Jolly Jumper now. Oops :dohh:

The first time I put Braylon in the Jolly Jumper last month he went nuts. He was jumping around (as much as a 2 month old can) like crazy for a good half hour. I noticed that the side of his sleeper was a little wet and I just figured he must have just had a little pee. Nope! I noticed that the feet of his sleeper were soaked an the carpet had 2 nasty wet spots. I guess the harnes squeezed his poopy diaper and it made it run down his legs :sick:
Braylon didnt notice at all. He was too happy to care. There's still 2 little side by side stains on the carpet. I change his diaper right before I put him in the Jolly Jumper now. Oops :dohh:

:rofl: (sorry!)

So here's another that just happened about a half hour ago.
While I was having a soak in the tub with my LO I hear by OH yell at the cat. I yell back asking that is going on. OH comes in the bathroom to tell me that he forgot to put the lid back on the formula and that he had just caught our cat with his head in the container chowing down!!!:dohh:
Now here's where I become the bad mom... We just bought this container of formula and it's pretty big. We dont use formula too often, just to top off LO when I'm sleeping or out. I can't decide if I'm a bad mom if I continue using the formula after I scooped out the top layer where the cat was having his dinner :blush:

So here's another that just happened about a half hour ago.
While I was having a soak in the tub with my LO I hear by OH yell at the cat. I yell back asking that is going on. OH comes in the bathroom to tell me that he forgot to put the lid back on the formula and that he had just caught our cat with his head in the container chowing down!!!:dohh:
Now here's where I become the bad mom... We just bought this container of formula and it's pretty big. We dont use formula too often, just to top off LO when I'm sleeping or out. I can't decide if I'm a bad mom if I continue using the formula after I scooped out the top layer where the cat was having his dinner :blush:

At least it wasn't breastmilk! Jaeden my dog has been known to clean up spilled breast milk....gag.

I can't decide if I'm a bad mom if I continue using the formula after I scooped out the top layer where the cat was having his dinner :blush:
:rofl:

We once attented a party where the host warned us that their cats had been at the buffet and she gave us what has become legendary advice in our family. "Don't eat the meat with the corners cut off":haha:

I'd say shifting an inch of it should do the trick!

So the cat got into the formula again! I was out for most of the day and when I got home there was what looked like spit up on the counter, in the sink and on the floor. I got mad at my OH cause I assumed he had the baby in the kitchen and left the spit up there for me to clean up. He said he was out with LO. THE CAT SPIT UP! I guess I will have to give the cat a bib as well :rofl:

StinkyMonkey- Maybe you should just feed the cat a small amount everyday like catnip if he behaves? :ROFL:

So the cat got into the formula again! I was out for most of the day and when I got home there was what looked like spit up on the counter, in the sink and on the floor. I got mad at my OH cause I assumed he had the baby in the kitchen and left the spit up there for me to clean up. He said he was out with LO. THE CAT SPIT UP! I guess I will have to give the cat a bib as well :rofl:

LOL!! your cat sounds like mine! although shes yet to get to the formula!

My LO is sick. I had to suction his nose so he could breathe to eat. He fought me so hard on it I think I banged him up there. Now, every time he gets a snotty nose (which is often right now) it is all bloody. :cry:

omg we just got in from the supermarket and put the car seat on the sofa, something wasnt right. There was no harness going over the baby. I shouted to hubby to ask if he had just unclipped her?
No, was his reply

We'd driven home without her being strapped in!

id asked him to strap her in when we were in the car park, he assumed the harness was done and just needed the seatbelt putting around the seat.

:nope:

omg we just got in from the supermarket and put the car seat on the sofa, something wasnt right. There was no harness going over the baby. I shouted to hubby to ask if he had just unclipped her?
No, was his reply

id asked him to strap her in when we were in the car park, he assumed the harness was done and just needed the seatbelt putting around the seat.

OOps. I did it the other way round, driving to the supermarket and looked in my rear mirror to see that the car seat was now halfway across the other side. OMG I felt like a really bad mother. Poppy was fine though. I normally use the seat base but hubby had it in his car and I guess I wasnt paying enough attention.
My friend saw something much worse the other day though, A guy in a van turned a corner, the van door opened and baby and car seat came flying out and skidded down the road. The guy jumped out, grabbed the seat, flung it back in and drove off. Bet he never told his other half. Baby was fine apparently.

No, was his reply

OOps. I did it the other way round, driving to the supermarket and looked in my rear mirror to see that the car seat was now halfway across the other side. OMG I felt like a really bad mother. Poppy was fine though. I normally use the seat base but hubby had it in his car and I guess I wasnt paying enough attention.
My friend saw something much worse the other day though, A guy in a van turned a corner, the van door opened and baby and car seat came flying out and skidded down the road. The guy jumped out, grabbed the seat, flung it back in and drove off. Bet he never told his other half. Baby was fine apparently.

omg thats awful!!! hope the baby was ok!

I have forgotten to belt the seat up b4, i felt terrible! i never did it again though. Although, i was in a rush the other day, i got out of the car and into the house, completely forgetting about LO still in the back of the car!!!

the worst thing to happen so far was leaving LO playing on the floor, i nipped into the kitchen then heard a scream, running back in i realised that the dog had walked right over the top of him, standing in his stomach on the way!!! he's ok though!

poor little boy!

LO was napping on the couch. I was sitting next to him so he couldn't fall off. DH and I got in an argument (which almost never happens). He was walking away so I jumped up and stepped next to the couch, still watching LO, and arguing with DH. Then THUMP!! I looked over just in time to see LO hit the floor. :cry: Thankfully his head fell on a pillow and he didn't even cry. But still. I'm awful. :cry:

I am dreading tomorrow (well, today technically) and praying that Elyse sleeps in.

Elyse will be up in a couple of hours as it's 20 to 4, I've yet to sleep because I can't lay down with my back pain.

During Mirren's first finger nail cutting session I accidentally cut the top of her finger!

I was using those easy grip baby clippers and caught the skin with the nail and cut it - it did bleed a bit and then had a red scab on for a few days!

Poor thing kept holding it up in the air whenever we went anywhere as if to show everyone what I'd done!

Now I'm scared to cut them and they are too long - tried filing them but she just cries the whole time i'm doing it. someone told me to bite her nails as this was safer - I'm too scared to do that in case I bite her finger off, lol.

Now I'm scared to cut them and they are too long - tried filing them but she just cries the whole time i'm doing it. someone told me to bite her nails as this was safer - I'm too scared to do that in case I bite her finger off, lol.
I tried biting them but it is really difficult!

When I nipped Abby's finger, I immediately stuck it in my mouth and sucked it. She stopped crying straight away and it didn't bleed much:thumbup:

In a moment of sleep-deprived sheer stupidity I hit my baby in the face with a toy by mistake while I was tidying up. She cried lots. She had a bruise. I felt like poo. She was fine though, luckily (it was a hard heavy toy - the bottom ring of a ring stacking toy). :(

im so crap ... kalden doesnt really sleep, and im so tired i got really frustrated at 6am, changing his nappy he started crying for a feed, well he doesnt give you a minute he instantly was screaming mid-nappy, i had been trying to keep him quiet all night because oh has to work and is really tetchy about having disturbed sleep and constantly complains about how tired he is, i got really frustrated, picked him up and shouted 'be quiet', he looked surprised but carried on screaming till i fed him, i cried ever since i feel terrible, what if ive really upset / traumatised him and he hates me now, i keep saying im sorry anf telling him how much i love him but what a crap mother i am :cry:

oh and i have scratchd him with my nails accidentally but he doesnt seem bothered, he scratches himself worse with his own!

oh and i have dropped bits of my dinner on him whilst trying to eat and breastfeed at the same time, not a good idea (when im so clumsy)

think thats all ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->