The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I'm not sure if I can sneak in here yet seen as I have a baby-bump, not a baby yet... But I keep knocking my bump off of things.

I forget how big it is getting, and not leaving enough room when I open doors, and end up skiffing the dorr off of the bump :(

I'm feeling guilty and I don't even have the wee one yet!

The other day we went to visit people who've not met LO yet. We took her in in her car seat and everyone was watching me as I was getting her out of it. I forgot to put the handle back so as I picked her up, I realised that I couldn't actually lift her out because of the way my arms were through the handle. I asked OH to take her off me but before he could, the seat jolted backwards and the handle hit LO on the nose. She screamed and cried for a few minutes and I felt soooo guilty. Luckily she was fine and didn't even have a bruise but I felt like such a bad mummy. I've never hurt her before and of course I had to go and do it in front of loads of people too!

i got really frustrated, picked him up and shouted 'be quiet', he looked surprised but carried on screaming till i fed him, i cried ever since i feel terrible, what if ive really upset / traumatised him and he hates me now, i keep saying im sorry anf telling him how much i love him but what a crap mother i am :cry:

oh and i have scratchd him with my nails accidentally but he doesnt seem bothered, he scratches himself worse with his own!

oh and i have dropped bits of my dinner on him whilst trying to eat and breastfeed at the same time, not a good idea (when im so clumsy)

think thats all ...

I've done all of these. Of course yelling just makes them cry worse. I still feel terrible about some of the things I have yelled at her when she was screaming.:nope:

I took Seren to soft play today with my friend and her little girl. It's split into two sections, one is a dark sensory room and the other has lots of soft bricks in it. We were sitting in the sensory room and Seren was crawling about, and then she crawled ou tof the room we were in, I left her too it because I could still see her from where I was, but I looked away at one point and when I looked back she wasn't there (I looked away for what must've been 30seconds!) I went to go and see where she was, and it looked like she had attempted to crawl down this soft ramp onto the lower floor, which was blocked off by theses big bricks, she'd got half the way down, and hit the soft brick wall but was completely stuck facing down the ramp with her head up against a brick with her bum in the air! She wasn't crying but I just felt absolutely awful that she got stuck like that!

A was fussing while I was trying to eat lunch, so I put him on his pillow on the table while we ate and he feel asleep. He slept there for an hour:blush:

https://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/kuipersfamily/DSCF8333.jpg

When I was younger my mum was changing the water in the goldfish bowl. She accidently put hot water in with the fish and burnt them to death!! ...She told my dad it was me messing around with them lol.

My 12 month old son has a fascination with hot radiators.. at first we used to stop him touching them but now his little face is a picture whenever he touches it, he quickly takes his hand off but then keeps 'testing' it for hours afterwards.. we've turned the radiators down a little and just leave him to it these days though cos the look on his face is priceless.. is that bad?! :\ lol!

Oh yeah.. the first time I ever cut Spencer's nails I waited until he was asleep. I accidently clipped some skin above the nail, he jumped a mile, screamed for about an hour and it bled too... I felt terrible and OH even went as far as saying if the bleeding didn't stop we'd have to take him to A&E!!! I laugh about it now! x

A was fussing while I was trying to eat lunch, so I put him on his pillow on the table while we ate and he feel asleep. He slept there for an hour:blush:

https://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/kuipersfamily/DSCF8333.jpg

sooooooo cute!!!!!! :cloud9:

Here's one for Mr Foo but I'll share it anyway. We've been trying to get Abby used to drinking from a cup and just lately have had some great success. She has worked out how to suck from it, but generally gets stuck with the breathing and swallowing. This evening he was feeding her and chatting to me at the same time. Before he knew what was happening, she spat out a huge mouthful of water but as the same time it was still coming out of the sippy cup which was half in her mouth. It went all over her clothes, but also up her nose and in her eyes. Her face was a picture and embarassingly, we both laughed lots. Bless her though, she didn't cry.:happydance:

Freya chased the cat down the stairs the other day, was pretty scary and shocking at the time, but she was ok, just cried a little bit. Needless to say we have lots of stairgates now! :blush:

OMG I fell on my baby :(

Last night we were coming through the front door, he was in his car seat.

I must've slipped or tripped over the plastic runner across the door and fell flat on my knees. Was sooo sore, but I was more worried as my hand slipped from the handle and straight onto the top of his head.

I got him out of the seat as quickly as I could but thankfully he was ok. He was fast asleep when it happened and it seems the thud of my hand only stirred him from napping. I must be more careful from now on :(

I hit Jacob's head on the lightbulb past night. Luckily he didn't even flinch.

Dexter fell off of my bed today. I'd sat him there while I got dressed after my shower and he crawled right off. :( It's quite high and he fell flat on his face. He was fine after about 5 mins though luckily.

Pretty sure Elyse is on a mission today...

A mission to drive me crazy

I have a bad aunty/cousin story. I was strapping my lil cousin into her car seat, the one's where you can move the handle back to place them, then click it back above to carry. Well I pushed it back but when I went to move it back into place, I failed to realize her little hands were on the sides and it pinched them both. I felt so bad. Then her brother, I was putting him into his car seat and was trying to fix the harness and my hand slipped and scratched his eye. I cried worst than he did and afterwards he looked at me like "Mhmm you bitch." He's 5 now and I still feel bad about it.

I have a bad aunty/cousin story. I was strapping my lil cousin into her car seat, the one's where you can move the handle back to place them, then click it back above to carry. Well I pushed it back but when I went to move it back into place, I failed to realize her little hands were on the sides and it pinched them both. I felt so bad. Then her brother, I was putting him into his car seat and was trying to fix the harness and my hand slipped and scratched his eye. I cried worst than he did and afterwards he looked at me like "Mhmm you bitch." He's 5 now and I still feel bad about it.

My nephew is 11 and he still gives me a hard time that I was responsible for his first skinned knee aged 3:rofl:

Kyla's fallen off the bed twice, the sofa once, and nose dived out of her play nest twice too. BAD mummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->