The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

• Leaving LO on the bed while I went to the loo
  • Pretend that I'm asleep so OH feeds LO in the night
  • Take LO with me into bed in the morning so I can catch a few mins sleep
  • Putting LO in the swing in front of the tely why I'm doing the housework

ooooooh I'm a bad mummy :shrug: lol

Last night I had one of those small glasses sitting on the coffee table with gingerale in it. Elyse was in the living room and I walked away to get ice for my glass and returned to see her drinking my gingerale :dohh:

Of course the bugger didn't spill it or anything either she drank a good couple of baby sized gulps.. and backwashed...

She's fine but I should have known better, if I leave food etc she always helps herself to it if it's within her reach :dohh:

Last night I was cutting his nails and he pulled his foot away as I was cutting and ripped a bit of nail off. It was bleeding and everything, but he wasn't bothered. I was in more of a state than he was! Also the other day we were out for lunch and I had the highchair really close to the table and he leaned forward to look at the floor (he kicked off one of his shoes and wanted to look at it) and whacked his nose off the table. He had a big red mark across it for 2 days :(

A few days ago I was doing some work at home on the pc - DH asked me to make some graph on Excel and I was a bit absorbed and the next thing I knew Eddie was yelling. I looked down and his hand was stuck between two panels of our oil-filled radiator! :( No idea how it got stuck as there is a wide gap between each panel, but it was! I checked his hand and ran it under the cold tap and it looked ok but by an hour later he was screaming his head off and three burn blisters had come up :cry: One on his finger and two on his palm. I have never felt so dreadfully guilty before :( They looked so nasty. Got him off to sleep finally, and he hasn't noticed them since then, thank god, and they are healing so quickly thank god! Silly chap is still heading towards the radiator at the first opportunity though!!

First Confession is needed !

I was giving honey a bath this evening , and she has a thing about standing up and walking around the bath , OH had just had a tinkle and flushed the chain , she was quite taken a'back by the noise and i lost my concentration , and prehaps maybe let her bang her head on the side of the bath and fall over :/ .. she has the biggest bump and i feel sooooo guilty i could cry !!! she isnt bothered at all by it though !

*sigghhhh* WORST MUMMY EVER !

Ha ha.. this thread is brilliant! Have found myself laughing when driving etc remembering some of these posts.

Not had any major moments myself so far but OH dropped a large dollop of icecream on LO's head when he was about 3 days old! He looked round sheepishly to see if i had seen him, i had.
:)

I feel so bad because I'v posted on here before, and prob will in the future! but this wks mishaps!!!:

I lay my LO on the floor to have a kick when the door went, it was my friend and my dog went bonkers to see him and launched himself over stepping on my LO as he went!!! Not only that, he's a deerhound!!!! (big)

Second of the week... I was explaining to my mum how to do up Tom's Itti D'lish reusable nappy whilst halfway through making a cup of coffee. I leant over Tom to show my mum and poured a whole jar of coffee granuals all over his face and body!!!!! I felt awful!!

How come bad mother things always happen when there's someone else around to witness!!!!

Lol im so glad i found this thread as iv had a bit of a bad week with my LO,first of all i was in a rush doing her milk and totally forgot to test the temperture and of course it this one time it had to be far to hot! then i caught her with my nail leaving a nice red scratch on her poor little nose bless her.and then finally to top things off,she loves to look at herself in the mirror and i lean her closer and say boo normally which puts a big grin on her face however this time i leant foward to far and bumped her head on the mirror,so iv felt really bad but this thread has defo cheered me up tho so thanks everyone :)

Charlotte wiped a bogey on Daniel's head and I was so busy laughing that I didn't clean it off! :rofl:

Ok...

Today I was not feeling like chasing Elyse/wrestling with her during one particular bum change (I swear she is THE squirmiest baby out there, I can't even remember the last time she laid still for long enough for me to change her fully!)...

I KNEW she would pee on the floor and I still let her go, not 2 mins later she is standing up peeing on the floor and dancing and stepping in the puddle :dohh:

... this little girl has had 3 baths in the last 48 hours :dohh: -- keeping in mind she sleeps 12 hours per night and has at least one nap (1.5-2 hours) per day :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->