The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Took LO out in the car yesterday. Put him in the car seat, drove off. Got halfway to my destination when I noticed that I hadn't actually buckled the seat into the car ARGH!!!!!

Thank god we didnt have an accident!

Never thought I'd post here . . .but . . . . . .
Last sunday bubba was in babybjorn chair, happy, whilst we ate. Then it came to dessert and she decided to grizzle, so I gave her a teeny bit of chocolate custard - loved it! (sure it's not allowed though)
Same day, she was on mat, happily being entertained, but silly me had too many toys in her hand, and when I tried to make spinning teddy spin, it flicked out of my hand and thwacked poor LO on the head. Nasty mummy. No marks, but 3 witnesses who are keen to keen reminding me!!

Stood on Kyla's hand this morning, now she's crawling she's always under my feet! x

she loves to look at herself in the mirror and i lean her closer and say boo normally which puts a big grin on her face however this time i leant foward to far and bumped her head on the mirror

we do exactly the same, Leyla loves it... and the same as you, she doesn't love it so much when I bang her head into the mirror!!!

How come bad mother things always happen when there's someone else around to witness!!!!

and of course, I've never banged her head before but when I did, it was when somebody was there to see :dohh:

A while ago, I was changing Leyla's nappy... undressed her, wiped her bum then realised that I'd left her clean nappy in the next room. I thought she might wee so I put her old nappy (which was just a bit wet) under her bum and went to get the new one. By the time I got back (about 30 seconds) my wriggly little monster had managed to grab hold of the wet nappy and was happily chewing on it. She's never managed to grab something from down by her bum before. Trust her to learn something new when it was something nasty to pick up!

The reason I just remembered this now is that I found the photographs I took, so not only did I leave my daughter to chew on a wet nappy, I didn't take it off her as soon as I saw... I took photos! I'm a bad bad mother! In my defence (if there can be one for such a crime), it was a cloth nappy and she wasn't chewing the absorbant bit, just around the poppers of an itti bitti nappy. Still, naughty mummy. :blush:

:rofl:

Why is it we automatically reach for our cameras at times like that? lol

I was so tired, I couldn't cope. Everyone I could have called to come and help was unavailable... I was so :sleep: I couldn't think straight, and was scared that I'd fall and/or drop her. I fed and changed LO, put her down in the Moses basket and then left her there screaming for 90 minutes.

Am I awful?

Second of the week... I was explaining to my mum how to do up Tom's Itti D'lish reusable nappy whilst halfway through making a cup of coffee. I leant over Tom to show my mum and poured a whole jar of coffee granuals all over his face and body!!!!! I felt awful!!

How come bad mother things always happen when there's someone else around to witness!!!!

Think about the good side... it wasnt the boiling water!

this morning when Tara started crying and i picked her up to change her put her on the changing table and i sneezed all over her face. poor girl. i did clean her tho lol x x x

I was worried about messing up when i have a baby, but this thread has made me feel more relaxed KNOWING something might happen, but it's normal.

Thank you!

:rofl:

Why is it we automatically reach for our cameras at times like that? lol
Because we are evil like that!
I was so tired, I couldn't cope. Everyone I could have called to come and help was unavailable... I was so :sleep: I couldn't think straight, and was scared that I'd fall and/or drop her. I fed and changed LO, put her down in the Moses basket and then left her there screaming for 90 minutes.

Am I awful?

Absolutely not. Entirely understandable. Sometimes we do what we have to do.

Took LO out in the car yesterday. Put him in the car seat, drove off. Got halfway to my destination when I noticed that I hadn't actually buckled the seat into the car ARGH!!!!!

Thank god we didnt have an accident!

omg i did this the other day! thought how could i be so silly and felt really bad
:dohh:

Oh I'm bad.

Abby was up at 6.45 and had her morning feed and by 8am was back down for a nap.

I was knackered so took the chance to go back to bed too. I heard her oohing and aahhhing at about 9am but decided to lie for ten minutes and see if she would go back to sleep (or kick off!!) Well, I have no idea if she did either as I fell back to sleep and woke up at 11.30, to see her lying in her cot, wide awake, oohing and ahhing and waggling her arms, looking towards the door.

So, she had breakfast for lunch, and is just up and will have lunch when she normally has her snack and hopefully tea time will be tea time.

Poor girl must have been staaaaarving!:blush:

Zara has done nothing but scream all day so I've just given her some calpol, chucked her in her swing in front of the tv and now I'm ignoring her for a while as holding her, feeding her, changing her, playing with her etc does nothing to stop the screams so I'm leaving her to it. :cry:

Blondie, im having one of those days today....Theo won't settle at all :( he was up at 8am had his bottle as normal then played for abit, started getting abit grizzly so I put him down for a nap...he must of cried for about 1hr (with me picking him up, winding him, trying more bottle) then he did a poop, so thought AHHH thats what was up with him, tried him for a nap again and he was still crying and crying, so I just had to leave him :(, eventually he went to sleep but was up again within 20 mins...one overtired baby!

Thinking it might be peggies? Just gave him some calpol and hes happily watching Mickey Mouse with big sister Grace now...hopefully he will have a nap and his bottle later and wake up in a better mood!!!

ARGHHHHH lol

I threw Jacobs dummy to try and put it on his play mat the other day while I was busy tidying the mess up, missed completely and it hit him on the side of his head in his bouncy chair... oops

i had one of those bouncy chairs with the carry handles on each side. when my son was about 3mths old i was carrying him in it from one room to the other, went to change which hand i was using when one of the handles slipped out of my hand making the chair fall sideways to the ground. it wouldn't have been so bad but my reaction was to try to grab him to stop him hitting his head on the floor as he fell but i just made things worse. i managed to leave 3 big scratches down the side of his little face, actually drawing blood a little:blush: if i'd have just let him fall he would have been fine (he was only about as high as my knees). i felt so bad about it that i burst into tears saying sorry to him over and over:cry:

So Last Monday my OH and I got a sitter and spent the whole day downtown checking out all the Olympic festivities. We walked for hours and hours, needless to say when we picked up LO I was beat! I curled up with Braylon (on the outside of the couch:dohh:)for some snuggle time. Well I most have fallen asleep cause I woke up int he dark to the sound of him pre crying. He wasn't beside me! I didn't want to look on the floor but sure enough there he was on the pillows that my OH put down just incase he rolled off! I felt horrible!

I ran into our bedroom and yelled at my OH not only for leaving us sleeping on the couch all night for for just putting couch pillows down instead of putting Braylon to bed. I guess we are both to blame here oops!

So Last Monday my OH and I got a sitter and spent the whole day downtown checking out all the Olympic festivities. We walked for hours and hours, needless to say when we picked up LO I was beat! I curled up with Braylon (on the outside of the couch:dohh:)for some snuggle time. Well I most have fallen asleep cause I woke up int he dark to the sound of him pre crying. He wasn't beside me! I didn't want to look on the floor but sure enough there he was on the pillows that my OH put down just incase he rolled off! I felt horrible!

I ran into our bedroom and yelled at my OH not only for leaving us sleeping on the couch all night for for just putting couch pillows down instead of putting Braylon to bed. I guess we are both to blame here oops!

Awww bless, I can just imagine him weighing up the lesser of two evils here, waking his knackered wife and child, or taking preventative measures :haha:

I have my 1st confession

yesterday my LO had her injections, after we left the nurse i put her hat , coat, mittens etc on and put her in buggy covered with her blankets. I then walked home with her, i decided i might as well walk the dogs whilst she was in her buggy, so i ran in and got the dogs. We then walked to the local park and did a few laps.
Finally we got home, i went round to the front of the buggy and thought, she looks a bit scrunched up. Well i hadnt fastened her buggy straps, and i had been walking round with her not strapped in the buggy. It keeps playing on my mind, and havent told OH.

What if she would have slipped out :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"