The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I dropped Jacob in his bouncer yesterday ... I was overly tired (is my excuse!!) and was carrying him between rooms. Poor little man

My LO fell out of bed this morning after he woke up from his nap :dohh: He had a little cry, but no red marks. He was fine after he had some boobie juice. I still feel bad about it though!

We've had a succession of crying / screaming / squawking days here ... I've taken to putting Andrew upstairs in his cot mid-afternoon "for a nap" regardless of whether he's tired, just so I can get away from the noise :blush: He generally gets himself off to sleep for a while.

I feel so rotten that I can't pacify him, and tired with it all. Tired? Knackered. The only time I have to get anything else done is the evening after he's gone to sleep, but I'm too worn out to do anything, the house is awful and the washing is mounting. I do have an OH but he's waiting for an operation so doesn't have any more energy than me.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

I whacked Dexter's head off the door earlier. Poor thing, he screamed :( He's been bumping his head all day. I just know tomorrow the bruises will have come out!

We've had a succession of crying / screaming / squawking days here ... I've taken to putting Andrew upstairs in his cot mid-afternoon "for a nap" regardless of whether he's tired, just so I can get away from the noise :blush: He generally gets himself off to sleep for a while.

I feel so rotten that I can't pacify him, and tired with it all. Tired? Knackered. The only time I have to get anything else done is the evening after he's gone to sleep, but I'm too worn out to do anything, the house is awful and the washing is mounting. I do have an OH but he's waiting for an operation so doesn't have any more energy than me.

Been there. Glad it isn't just me. If Abby kicks off, no amount of cuddling seems to work. :shrug:

My lo learnt to roll off the sofa last night! Luckily there was a quilt on the floor so he landed on that and it didnt bother him at all :wacko: He landed on his belly got comfy and went to sleep!! I felt sooo bad i only left him to warm a bottle up!
Never again!!

Oh yes tell me about it, we are so having the same problem at the moment and nothing works so I just put her upstairs on our bed, close the door and have a break. I even don't bother turning on the monitor.

OMG

A few weeks ago, I unbuckled Cameron from his car seat (on the ground) while checking in at the airport. After I did that, the agent started talking to me. When I was talking to him, my husband went to pick up Cameron in his seat and the handle wasn't all the way up, so Cameron fell face first onto the cement floor!!!!! ARGH!!!! He was fast asleep, and woke up with such a horrible screech!! I was crying too, and kept saying 'fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!' while holding him! He had an instant bruise, and a huge goose egg on his forehead! We both felt sooooo bad.

ANNNNNNNNNNNND........ (omg)..........

Just when that bruise was almost gone, I had him strapped into his change table pad thingy, and I turned around for 1 second to grab a new onezie, and he friggen roller over, and him and the change table pad went straight to the floor. I really don't know how much this baby's head can take, but he's been a good sport about all of it.

We've learned our lesson though. ALWAYS check to make sure he's strapped in when picking him up in his car seat, and NEVER leave him even for 1 second on his change table cuz he rolls like crazy!!!

kyla crawled (so technically not my fault lol) into the corner of my kitchen wall yesterday. she now has a lovely bruise :dohh:

i laid kailee on my bed and went to take off her bib and i think it pulled her hair and she started screaming then i got her to sleep and layed her next to me went to pick up my cell phone and it hit her in the face :( bad mommy

Josh was in a mood and wanted cuddles, and it was my tea time, i accidentally dropped hot pasta sauce on his head ...

Katieeee - that made me laugh till i cried, your little gasp as the camera goes dead ! thats just the sort of stuff i do !

ive got a fair few bad mummy moments stacking up being that im on the 4th buba but here are my worst so far :blush:

1- with eldest, he was a really colicy baby and one night after hours of pacing and shhhhhing i thought ' i know il try and see if he will settle if i rock him in his car seat, so i put the carseat on the bed and as i was (what i considered wisely strapping him in 'incase' ) i managed to topple the seat off the bed, i screamed as it landed face down and as i lifted it off of him there he lay fast asleep- crikey i bet he though id better pack in this screaming shes turned to violence!!!:dohh:

2-with second child- i was cutting her finger nails with baby clippers and caught the top of her finger she was only 3 weeks old and shook bright red untill a scream came out, and i grabbed her and ran next door to the neighbours who i bearly knew ! it sounded like cutting bacon- i having touched a pair of clippers since and that was 9 years ago ! ( her finger was fine)

daughter number 2 seems to have so far remained unharmed...well if you dont count banging head into every door frame in the house:winkwink:

so baby Kane is 7 weeks old today and so far has had to put up with me, accidently poking him in the eye and making his gum bleed when i was wiping some milk away and caught him with my nail

dear god i cant be trusted!!!

x

So glad this thread is here. It's nice to know I am not the only one who makes mistakes :thumbup:.

My son fell off the bed yesterday and hit his head on the floor. I have been watching him like a hawk. So far so good. I am so tired though O:)

So glad this thread is here. It's nice to know I am not the only one who makes mistakes :thumbup:.

My son fell off the bed yesterday and hit his head on the floor. I have been watching him like a hawk. So far so good. I am so tired though O:)

I always said how can a Mummy let her baby fall off the bed?

Guilty! Soph fell off the bed and cracked her head off the floor i kept her up for ages to make sure she was ok i was up through the night checking her head! lol I was worried sick!!

It happens to us all hun and dont feel bad! LO is fine thats all that matters eh! xxxx

I poked my baby in her cheek with tweezers and made a small cut :( thank god the hv isnt coming for another week. note to self, do not pluck eyebrows whilst holding baby!!

I always said how can a Mummy let her baby fall off the bed?

Guilty! Soph fell off the bed and cracked her head off the floor i kept her up for ages to make sure she was ok i was up through the night checking her head! lol I was worried sick!!

It happens to us all hun and dont feel bad! LO is fine thats all that matters eh! xxxx

Yup I'm guilty of that one too. I wouldn't mind but Charlotte rolled off the bed at 5 months and paranoid new Mummy that I was, I rushed her to A and E. I swore I'd never let that happen again. :dohh: Daniel rolled off the bed last week. Carpet burn to forehead and everthing. Did he go to A and E? Nah...he's number 3 LOL!

Oh gosh! Joe just fell and banged his head on the tv cabinet, second lumpy bruise in a week....i feel like poo! I feel sick...

hi! im new to this but love to read all the confessions!
my confession is:

I was putting my son into his bouncer because he feel asleep on my lap and as i did so the bouncer collapsed and he rolled out!!! and believe it or not he was still fast asleep!!!!

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!!!LOL:winkwink::wacko:

I am so glad this thread is here!

I caught my LO's head on the coffee table when lifting her out of her bouncer. I kept an eye on her all day but was still worried hence a trip to A&E but she was fine. I think we're more upset then them, luckily they easily forget!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->