The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I always laugh so hard at these stories... I'm only three weeks into being a mommy so I don't think I've really had the chance to screw up yet lol... I did poke him in the eye with my nip once whilst trying to multitask while BFing, does that count? :)

Omg :cry: bad bad mummy day today!!

I put Theo on my DDs little toddler bed this morning while I was dressing DD, turned round to hear a big thud, Theo was faced down on the floor screaming, took me ages to console him :(! Hes got a lovely little bruise on his cheek and above his eye...

Then, I've just been cutting DDs nails and thought I would do Theos aswell, he moved suddenly nd i've clipped a big chunk off his thumb :cry: and it wont stop bleeding, its been bleeding for like 20 mins now :shrug:

I cut Kate's thumb the first time I did her nails. I cried about it far longer than she did. :blush: She had to have a tiny plaster on it for two days.

Well I'm sure I'll have loads of "bad mother" moments but the one that comes to mind right now is .... the first time I tried to trim LO's nails, they were so sharp and looked really long to me, but when I tried to clip the nail on her tiny little finger, I nipped a chunk out of the corner and it started to bleed.......... I almost fainted

I cant believe I haven't came in to this thread befor :doh:

Reading through some of the stories has had me in stiches litterally!!!!!

Well I have a few, Kye falls off the bed about once a month!!!

I also soemtimes find him climbing up the stairs, scares the shit out of me!!!

About 2 weeks ago I was sitting on bnb and kye was next door in his room and I could hear the toys goign so I assumed he was fine it was only when about 20 minutes passed all the music had stopped , I wonderd why is he so quite? So I got up passed the bathroom to find this trail of yellow gunge leading to the next room to see him happily sitting in the corner of his room EATING A BAR OF DETTOL SOAP!!!! I nearly died , rang nhs direct and everything I was mortified!

He has also been wearing a bump on his head from were I was dancing round the living room to my work out dvd to step back into a semi karate kick only to knock him over poor baby hit his head on the door frame. I felt so bad!! My Dad and his dad found it hillarious...Ooops!!!

Omg :cry: bad bad mummy day today!!

Then, I've just been cutting DDs nails and thought I would do Theos aswell, he moved suddenly nd i've clipped a big chunk off his thumb :cry: and it wont stop bleeding, its been bleeding for like 20 mins now :shrug:

:hugs: i did that to lucas when he was only about a month old, iv never cut his nails since (and refuse to do mia's now) dh does them instead. :hugs:
xx

Today I gave her her first bath in the big bath (we've been using the baby bath because our bathroom is tiny and a bit awkward) and she ended up with a bump on her head. I feel terrible.

She was being a bit of a bugger to start with and I stupidly decided to use a bit of (adult) conditioner because her mullet (!!) gets a bit matted. She is nine months old and is at the stage where she climbs up on everything. So I've got conditioner on my hands, she's trying to escape and she's like a bar of soap - slips out of my hands and bashes the back of her head in the bath. Luckily the bath was shallow because, unbeknownst to me, the water was leaking out because the plug wasn't in properly. We were both hysterical and I told her off for being slippy. Now I feel terrible.

Today I gave her her first bath in the big bath (we've been using the baby bath because our bathroom is tiny and a bit awkward) and she ended up with a bump on her head. I feel terrible.

She was being a bit of a bugger to start with and I stupidly decided to use a bit of (adult) conditioner because her mullet (!!) gets a bit matted. She is nine months old and is at the stage where she climbs up on everything. So I've got conditioner on my hands, she's trying to escape and she's like a bar of soap - slips out of my hands and bashes the back of her head in the bath. Luckily the bath was shallow because, unbeknownst to me, the water was leaking out because the plug wasn't in properly. We were both hysterical and I told her off for being slippy. Now I feel terrible.

:hug:

I have a friend who is terrified of Mika (picture this...he is 6'8" tall and weighs about 350 lbs and he is afraid to hold an 11 lb baby!). We were in the store where he and I work today and I had Mika with me. One of my favorite things to do is to kind of shove Mika onto his chest and make him hold him (I trust him completely). Well I did that today and managed to put Mika's face right on the clip of his name tag! LO started SCREAMING. He was ok, but I felt soooooooo bad!

He has also been wearing a bump on his head from were I was dancing round the living room to my work out dvd to step back into a semi karate kick only to knock him over poor baby hit his head on the door frame. I felt so bad!! My Dad and his dad found it hillarious...Ooops!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I find that hilarious too:blush:

i feel really bad. I was holding caleb in my arms and there was a speaker near me. He moved so quick and bumped the back of his head. He cried a little and i hugged him :-( he,s ok but i feel really bad x

This thread is funny, why have I never seen it before?!

I bumped Lolas head on the doorframe yesterday - she didn't even flinch!!

Gonna keep an eye out for more funny stories!

i cut jakobs finger when trying to use clippers for the first time
i let him eat biscuits most of the day!
sometimes we both stay in pjs all day and roll around the floor playing ignoring the outside world
i let him watch tv with me
sometimes when i get frustrated with him i put him in his cot or playpen and go into another room to calm down even though he's crying
i hardly ever go to baby groups and never did baby signing or baby massage or rhyme time or tumble tots or anything like that
when he was about a month old he was asleep on the bed i was sitting on the floor expressing milk and he rolled off the bed (hit his head on the moses basket on the way down) omg have i ever cried that much!! i was more affected than he was lol
i found it hard giving up smoking and drinking whilst pregnant
i give him dummies
if he wakes up in the night and cries cos his dummy has fallen out of the cot i leave him to fall back asleep on his own even though he gets upset

i don't give him a bath every night before bed.. just when he's dirty!
i don't often check the temp of the bathwater anymore.. i know by instinct now!
after about 5 months i used tapwater in his bottles
i FORMULA FED
i used disposable nappies
i use baby wipes ALL the time not cotton wool or anything like that
jakob gets really dry skin but i often forget to put his cream on
i hardly ever clean his toys as his grubby hands go all over them the next morning anyway!!!

think i win this hands down lol

bet youve just made a load of Mums feel so much better knowing theyre not the only ones!! I sure do! xxx

all the kids were out playing in the sun today and despite me putting sun cream on them when they got out of the bath tonight they all had tan lines, not sunburn but tan:( i feel really awful, harry had bright white feet and really brown legs from walking round in his nappy and shoes all afternoon :(
bad mummy!!

hahahahaha this is the funniest thread ever!!!
i am SO bad with the car seat in!!we never "forget" to buckle her in as one person puts her in also does the straps but she always wriggles out of them(does any one else get this??drives me INSANE!!) and a few times has even undone her seat belt but iv had no where to pull over or been about 1minute from home so have just let her go..eeek!!
when she was about 11months we had a big flight of stairs and oh was on the computer he turns around and she's halfway up!!then he makes the mistake of yelling "mikayla get down now"!!!to which she replies by turning around putting her arms out and diving down head first!!!lol..she was totally fine but NEVER yell at your baby to come down when theyr halfway up the stairs!!hahaha..
and my absoloute worst to which i just try not to think about!!i left her on the lounge when she was only really little(very immobile still) to go and get my nipple sheilds and i come back and she's somehow become face down and is being smothered =( =( lucky iwas only gone for literally 5seconds and i freaked out so bad!!!

good to know wer not all perfect!!

mine today has got to be that i left the baby monitor downstairs last night by accident! couldnt hear Lily this morning, i bet she was screaming for about half an hour!! :blush: but shes ok now though still smiling :thumbup: lol! x

I let Otter have a Dairy Queen ice cream last night because DH and I were having one. :blush: BAAAAAD mommy!!!! :dohh:

But he paid me back when he wouldn't settle to sleep for over an hour because he had a belly full of sugar. :haha:

I let Otter have a Dairy Queen ice cream last night because DH and I were having one. :blush: BAAAAAD mommy!!!! :dohh:

But he paid me back when he wouldn't settle to sleep for over an hour because he had a belly full of sugar. :haha:

DQ Blizzards are buy 1 get one for $0.25 in Canada & the US till Sunday. :happydance: I won't be giving Rach one though. :haha:

OMG I don't know what posessed me but I put LO in bouncy chair without strapping him in whilst I went upstairs. Came down after a minute and he's face down on the floor crying! BAD BAD mummy :cry: I think he's ok, having a good bf. He must have pulled himself forward? Oh I feel so irresponsible.

i don't give him a bath every night before bed.. just when he's dirty!
i don't often check the temp of the bathwater anymore.. i know by instinct now!
after about 5 months i used tapwater in his bottles
i FORMULA FED
i used disposable nappies
i use baby wipes ALL the time not cotton wool or anything like that
jakob gets really dry skin but i often forget to put his cream on
i hardly ever clean his toys as his grubby hands go all over them the next morning anyway!!!

think i win this hands down lol

Makes sense!
I don't sterilise my LOs bottles any more and she's on cows milk at 11 months.
I've used cotton wool until I got out of hospital
My LO's toys are sticky and get covered in dog hairs, nothing a good shake of won't sort :blush:

OH was playing aeroplane with her yesterday and forgot he was in the low ceiling kitchen, I turned round to hear a loud thud, only to find he's whacked her head off the ceiling! She had a pet lip out and everything, poor OH was mortified!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->