The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Mika had his two month checkup last week. When we were about halfway through the appointment he was really hungry (I didn't feed him before the appointment because the Dr. lays him down and it aggravates his reflux if he is laid down right after he eats.) and the Dr. said to go ahead and feed him because she was concerned about his breathing and wanted him to stop fussing....so OH pulled out a bottle with premeasured water and opens it, reaches into the bag to get his formula...and we had forgotten to pack it! I thought he had packed it and I thought he had packed it...Needless to say I was mortified! I'm sure the Dr. though I am a horrible mom, I'm surprised Child Protective Services hasn't called me yet! :dohh:

Edit: He wasn't starving or anything, he is just a greedy little boy who wants his food as soon as he feels the slightest bit hungry!

Oh dear... I knew LO was getting sleepy, but I wanted to finish my post on B&B, which was long and intricate, so I put her in her high chair with some rainbow-drops to keep her quiet, and when I looked round five minutes later, she'd swept them all on to the floor and fallen asleep with her head on her high chair tray! Bad Mummy!

Oh dear... I knew LO was getting sleepy, but I wanted to finish my post on B&B, which was long and intricate, so I put her in her high chair with some rainbow-drops to keep her quiet, and when I looked round five minutes later, she'd swept them all on to the floor and fallen asleep with her head on her high chair tray! Bad Mummy!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm still giggling!

awww hehe ive never thought of giving her rainbow drops! What age is your LO? xxx

me and shaya were sleeping in the bed together i had to get up to do her bottles and get ready next thing i hurd was shaya screaming she fell off the bed and hit her head on a jug (i used it in the night to warm her bottle) she has a masive bruise on her head i feel so bad :cry:

i think 6 months is the roll of the bed age!!! Dont worry hun!
Soph did it too but her head landed on a nappy, i'd thrown it at the bin and missed then quickly ran through to turn the bath water off and i came back through as she rolled off i screamed which i think really scared her! :( xx

Babydance, my LO is 13 months, and is very proud of her co-ordination - she likes nothing better than to spend ages picking tiny things up with her fingertips and eating them one by one, so I scatter a few rainbow drops on the high chair tray and it keeps her out of mischief for about quarter of an hour (usually). Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing - I am on about the tiny sweets that are basically rice krispies with a coloured sugar coating.

Babydance, my LO is 13 months, and is very proud of her co-ordination - she likes nothing better than to spend ages picking tiny things up with her fingertips and eating them one by one, so I scatter a few rainbow drops on the high chair tray and it keeps her out of mischief for about quarter of an hour (usually). Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing - I am on about the tiny sweets that are basically rice krispies with a coloured sugar coating.

Lol yeah theyre what im talking about, lo is almost 11 months and she will crawl round my livingroom and spot the tiniest crumb or stone the hoovers missed pick it up, play with it then try eating it!
I might leave her some rice crispies on her high chair in the morning whilst i wash up hehe thanks xx

Last week Jasmine (19 months) decided to open the front door and take herself for a walk down the street!!!!

We were at a resturant a few weeks ago when Jed was 2 months. He wouldn't settle in the pram so I decided to eat while holding him cause I was starving. It wasn't long before I dropped a huge blob of butternut all over his head :haha: The worst was I could hardly stop laughing long enough to clean it up:haha:

I'm so relieved that this was Daddy's error and not mine :rofl: - I was upstairs lowering the cot down a bit :)

Zara was with Daddy playing on the sofa and one of our cats was just near the footstool so Daddy lay Zara on her tummy on the footstool so she could see the cat. Apparently she was laughing and giggling at it so Daddy took one hand off her to reach for the camera and Zara chose that moment to launch herself off the footstool after the cat and landed headfirst on the hardwood floors :wacko:

All I heard was screaming upstairs so I shouted to see if everything was ok and Daddy was in a real panic and ready for calling an ambulance :rofl: so I went downstairs laughing (it was obvious she wasn't seriously damaged as she wouldn't be screaming if she was :wacko:) and had a look at her, saw she was absolutely fine and just a bit shocked so settled her down.

It's great to have that one to hold over Daddy in the future though as I always expected it was me that was going to be responsible for the first fall. I'm sure it's going to be the first of many though :)

I ran up to the loo today quick fast, through the baby gate and left it open cos I had a bad case of the squits!!.. sorry tmi. But next thing I see is mylos head pop up from the top step! YEP he'd climed the whole staircase in 2 minutes flat! first time ever!
Never leaving that gate open again.. I thought he couldnt get past it when it was open.. well he couldnt yesterday.

I am kicking myself for what could have happened!!!

I was so astonished he had decided to climb the whole stairs that when I went back down I filmed on my phone him do it all over again.. gobsmacked!
That gate stays firmly shut from now on!
Blimey he could have fell back and broke his neck!

that happened to me too tsia i walked out of the room to get a drink walked back in.... where's LO???!!! we looked all over then heard whimpering looked up the stairs and he was leaning down over the landing (its all like open plan up there) this is at my dads house. he was stretching his arm down like he does to get down if hes on my lap or something and crying. omg. i have never run up some stairs so fast in my life.
i am such a bad mum.

i was carrying Amber in her carry cot, put it on the floor and my handbag that was really heavy (had all my makeup and my bottle of water in it) and it flung off my shoulder and landed straight on her face! i felt awful and such a bad mum....she didnt even cry tho! xx

I'm feeding my daughter on the sofa and just looked at her belly to find a massive wet patch from my other boob; I've been leaking all over her and she didn't even complain

I was taking a picture of ruby when she was a few days old when she was lying down after a feed and i dropped the camera on her head :dohh: she didn't even flinch whereas i burst out crying and felt bad for days! x

I have always been very careful not to put Mika on the couch alone because he surprised us by rolling over at a little past 6 weeks. Yesterday he was laying on top of me on the sofa and I was looking at OH across the room during which time Mika fell off of me, hit the couch and then hit the floor! Go figure. He cried for about 10 seconds and then just started looking around when I picked him up.

Was just giving Jacob his dose of calpol, he took it fine and I thought no more off it, then I notice hes rubbing his face by his nose. I'd dropped a dollop on the side of his face and he was trying to get to it (he loves his meds!!), poor little boy had a sticky face and smelt of strawberrys lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->