The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I was strapping Amira into her carseat earlier today and I was pulling on the strap between her legs to tighten the straps on her shoulders and my hand slipped and I ended up smucking her in the face :( I felt so horrible even though she only cried for about 10 seconds, I think more out of shock than anything. I still feel bad :(

I do this a lot!

Well at least I'm not the only one to do it! I felt so horrible! Luckily there's no mark on her face and she didn't mind being strapped in the next time. I'm glad I didn't scar her for life!

my poor boy is teething and very grumpy, today he's been grizzly and i kept giving him things to chew on before realising he actually had a dirty nappy ... argh
and then i let him sit and watch a bit of big cook little cook while i did a few bits, then looked over and he'd fallen asleep in front of the telly .... so ive been misreading him all day :cry: poor boy!

I finally have something bad enough to need to confess :shy:

We bring B into bed with us for her early morning feed and she usually falls asleep so we snuggle up and enjoy an extra hour... This morning I must have been dreaming about something cos the next thing I know Ive slapped her on the forehead :cry:
The kind of SPAM slap you would love to do to a man with a high hairline & large forehead?! I even giggled... until B started crying.

I would love to say I felt awful but I cant stop giggling when I think about it - bad mummy. She only cried for a few seconds, I think it was more of a shock for her.

*crawls back to shamed hideout*

God Ive just read that back and I do feel awful.

I went to morrisons for a few bits and put the basket on top of the pushchair. I have to hold it or it topples. After going round and get what I wanted, I seen a special offer and let go of the basket which fell into the pushchair which faces me. I couldnt move quick enough to pick up all the bits while EVERYBODY watched! She did'nt even cry just looked at me with flour on her face from the fresh bread i'd got... Felt so bad, hurried and paid and got outta there! lol

Never thought I would do it (stupid naive me) but on tuesday my friend & I took our sons to the park & Finley fell asleep in his pushchair on the way back to the car, so I put him in his car seat & the toys on the bar were touching his head so I pulled the bar down so as not to wake him, well this is normally the last thing I do so I did that & then proceeding to take the pushchair down & pop it in the boot, Finley slept all the way home, then when we pulled into my drive he woke up so when I got out of the car I was searching underneath him for his dummy when i felt something behind him.............His straps :shock: We had driven a good 10 minutes without him being strapped in to his carseat :dohh: I was so upset & embarrassed because my friend was there :cry: thank god he was ok.
Also he was being really grumpy going around the park (he has a few grumpy days when he's tired) so I kept telling him to just go to sleep!!! then my friend said 'is he hungry' I then realised he infact was & it was half an hour after he was due a feed :dohh:
Felt like the worst mummy in the world that day :cry:

I was trying to feed my LO last night at 3am and it wasn't going well, she was pulling on and off and decided to take her time, stopping every five seconds. I usually try to be quiet at night, no talking, no eye contact etc. After 40 minutes of her kicking me in the boob and pulling on and off like a bulldog, I growled at her. She looked at me, opened her eyes so wide and then started eating really fast and fell asleep. Seems like I scared her into eating :)

I finally have something bad enough to need to confess :shy:

We bring B into bed with us for her early morning feed and she usually falls asleep so we snuggle up and enjoy an extra hour... This morning I must have been dreaming about something cos the next thing I know Ive slapped her on the forehead :cry:
The kind of SPAM slap you would love to do to a man with a high hairline & large forehead?! I even giggled... until B started crying.

I would love to say I felt awful but I cant stop giggling when I think about it - bad mummy. She only cried for a few seconds, I think it was more of a shock for her.

*crawls back to shamed hideout*

God Ive just read that back and I do feel awful.
:rofl: Still giggling.

It reminds me of the time I'd been playing Zelda on the nintendo for hours and had a dream that I was in the game. In that half awake state I punched my husband in the chest because I thought he was a breakable jar with a rupee in it :blush:

:rofl: still giggling:hugs:

My poor baby..rolled off the bed today! :cry: hit his head on the door :cry:. Had to happen sooner or later! reading this thread had made me feel not so bad!.:nope:

My LO banged his head on my laptop! He lent forward and i just wasnt quick enough to grab him he now has a lovely line shaped bruise on his forehead =( Made me cry and everything Bad mummy or what!

This is fantastic! Nice to know we all do these things.
I left Ry on the bed when he was quite young while I popped into the bathroom for a 2 minute shower. No big deal, he wasn't rolling over yet. Well I come out of the bathroom not even 5 minutes later and he was gone!! I was stunned, looked all over the bed and floor around the bed and couldn't find him. I was in full panic until I heard a giggle like sound and finally found him upside down wedged between the bed and the nightstand!! Oops!! He was fine, but I still felt awful. What a time to learn to roll - and all the way from the middle of the king sized bed!

OMG I feel like such a bad mother!
Just came on here to have a quick read while LO was watching Timmy time in her highchair strapped in of course. I just looked round and there she was out of her straps stood up on the seat shouting me! I was mortified, how on earth she got of the straps is beyond me! My back was turned for about 30 seconds, I think I've got a little harry houdini on my hands!!!

It had just taken me 40 minutes to get Flora to have her middle of the day (today). Just when I'd soothed her for the 4th or 5th time and she was dropping off I noticed she'd done a big poo... so I left it because I didn't want her to wake up. She has now had her longest nap in AGES which is great, possibly because she is quite comfortable lying in her own poo! I feel awful but the girl needs sleep and I need time to clean the house! She is lightly swaddled so hopefully its not soaking through too badly... :dohh:

Some serious bottom cleaning is on the agenda as soon as she wakes up.

I left Ry on the bed when he was quite young while I popped into the bathroom for a 2 minute shower. No big deal, he wasn't rolling over yet. Well I come out of the bathroom not even 5 minutes later and he was gone!! I was stunned, looked all over the bed and floor around the bed and couldn't find him. I was in full panic until I heard a giggle like sound and finally found him upside down wedged between the bed and the nightstand!! Oops!! He was fine, but I still felt awful. What a time to learn to roll - and all the way from the middle of the king sized bed!

hahaha... looking for a baby like he's a lost contact lens or somethin :haha:

too cute.

lately I've taken to accidentally poking my finger into his little sac whilst changing a diaper... accidentally of course lol... I've done it twice lately but I've also rammed my hand into the corner of a wall and the top of the microwave so... maybe my hand eye coordination is going? :shrug:

hahaha... looking for a baby like he's a lost contact lens or somethin :haha:

too cute.

lately I've taken to accidentally poking my finger into his little sac whilst changing a diaper... accidentally of course lol... I've done it twice lately but I've also rammed my hand into the corner of a wall and the top of the microwave so... maybe my hand eye coordination is going? :shrug:

I accidentally caught Mika's little sac with my nail a couple times!

Ok i think im allowed in here now...

I was clipping Olivers nails and he moved and i cut his thumb :( there was blood everywhere!!

Another one from me.. went shopping, brought all our food but forgot my sons!!! :dohh: how could i? bad mummy!

Another one from me.. went shopping, brought all our food but forgot my sons!!! :dohh: how could i? bad mummy!
I can beat that. I once went on holiday and forgot her suitcase!
Ok i think im allowed in here now...

I was clipping Olivers nails and he moved and i cut his thumb :( there was blood everywhere!!
Could that be why he is unsettled.....:haha: Here's a tip, if you do it again (which you will!!) stick the finger into your mouth and suck. It works a treat to A)stop the bleeding and B) quiet them down.

You know foogirl i didnt even think of that :dohh:

He is alot better today tho :blush:

When I first read that I thought you meant you'd left yr son in the supermarket! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->