The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

i left jesse in his bouncer seat a few weeks ago not strapped in, he saw something he wanted on the sofa tried to stand up and fell and smacked his face on the floor and got a nose bleed! :( i was hysterical! though he had stopped crying long before i did haha!

also the other day i was getting dressed stood next to my bed while he was playing on it, i put my tshirt over my head pulled it over my eyes and just saw him slow mo falling off the bed, cracked his head on the floor and screamed for what seemed like ages! hes always banging his head but i suppose mobile babies are probably all like that! (hopefully not just me that doesnt think!) x

nail clippers....was it their fault or mine that I just took a chunk out of Daisy's finger....bad mummy!!

My baby is sleeping on his tummy tonight. I know, I know we are not supposed to do it but we have had 'test' runs all day. He napped so well on his tummy I decided to go for it tonight to see if he sleeps better. Although, my bed is right next to his crib, I am still sooooo nervous and will probably get NO sleep from watching him!

I know I am a bad mother!

^^^^lol we were all put to sleep on our tummies I wouldnt worry too much!!!

i put jesse to sleep on his tummy everynight from about 8weeks, he slept right through since then... (apart from teething nights or ill) xxx

so of a morning, we iron clothes then off upstairs to get bathed and changed.. i have Laila in one arm, clothes draped over the over and off we go up to her room... while i get her bath ready, i pop her in her cot and hang her clothes over the side of the cot .. unfortunately this morning i popped her clothes IN the cot and tried to drape Laila over the side... :dohh: no tears but she did look abit concerned! haha xx

I was feeding Joel and he gave me his knowing look that he was going to spit up, so i got the muslin ready and out it came, except there was quite alot, where i went to catch it in the cloth i flung my hand back after straight into his face, (not hard) but he had sick covered all over his little face, he didn't cry lol just looked amazed almost bless him x

*Shameflly wanders in*

Bella was in her bouncy chair yesterday happily cooing away, when i stood up, i dropped my mobile phone, feebly tried to catch it, failed & it just clipped Bella's forehead as it landed. Poor girl went from innocently laughing to crying in a split second. She calmed dowwn quickly though, i think it was more the shock of what had happened than hurting! Still, i felt so bad, especially as when she clamed down she gave me the biggest cheeky smile!

Oh I get a prize for Bad Mummy today.

Abby went down for a nap at 10am. She usually does an hour and a half. At eleven, I lay down on the sofa to shut my eyes for ten minutes as I had a headache coming on. I have a video monitor so I could see she was out for the count. I then woke up at 12.30:blush: She was asleep but I know she MUST have woken up. She never cries when she wakes, so she must have laid there for aaages waiting for me to come and get her and eventually fallen back to sleep. She finally got up at 1pm.

Then after her lunch I changed her, and we played for a bit and before she went down for her next nap at 3, I changed her again. Just below her tummy was really red and dimpled and I noticed something on the waistband of the nappy - it was crumbs from her bread at lunch. There were heaps of them and it must have been so uncomfortable as they were quite big and actually left marks on her tummy.:dohh:

Bad mummy.

xolily-that's hilarious! I had the best mental image!

Last night we went to my dad's and Mika fell asleep about bedtime in his carseat all bundled up in a blankie. Well, when we left, I buckled him into it and we decided to run grocery shop while the store would be empty (about 9 oclock). When we came home from shopping he was still asleep so I let him sleep in his carseat. When I was ready for bed he was still sleeping soundly. This was about 11 o'clock and he usually eats at 12 or 1 so I decided I would just carry his carseat upstairs to my room and put him in his crib after he woke to eat. He never woke to eat!

Poor baby slept the entire night in his carseat! He didn't seem too uncomfy, but I felt like such a bad mommy! (I did tilt it back a bit so his head couldn't fall forward!)

I stubbornly continue to put Otter on the bed to play, even though he has fallen off -- repeatedly. :blush: It isn't far and he never hurts himself... and I've tried to teach him to go legs first. But the little bugger insists on head first. :dohh: Bad mommy!

I just feel bad I don't have enough time for the older three. My 7 year old said to me today that I only ever take care of the baby. :-(

We have been on holiday in devon and logan was sleeping in his pram as we didnt have a travel cot and at 1am one morning we were woken by a bump and him crying he hadd managed to wriggle out his pram and land head 1st on the floor!!

Never felt so bad in my life and after a cuddle he had a laugh and went back to sleep that will teach oh to strap him in!!!

the 1st time i came to my mil house with mia she took me to see the cot she had set up.well the celing where the cot is is low and slanted.i put mia in the cot too see how she liked it.everyone was looking at her and cooing as they do.well i decided to take her out and lift her in the air wilst every1 was looking.all i heard was thud and a scream.i had smacked her head full force on the celing:blush:. i felt so bad but she stoped crying after a cuddle.just so happened my 1st accident was in nfront of every1

This is such a funny thread!

When Amber was about 10 months I was trying to get her t-shirt off, it was tight on her head and I yanked it so hard she fell backwards and smacked her head hard on the radiator, oh the guilt!
She also climbed the stairs after we left the stair gate open and when she was only 4 months old fell off the bed.
Another time when Amber was about 8 weeks, she had a sore bum so I had taken her nappy off and laid her on my lap whilst she slept. I was reading my book and all was well, but I kept getting a really strong whiff of poo, I kept looking at Amber sleeping peacefully and she looked clean as a whistle. When my OH came in I asked him if he could smell poo and he cracked up laughing - at some point, Amber had poo'd, as she was on her back I couldn't see it, but had clearly put my hand in it, then scratched my face, and well you can guess the rest!

One of the worst things was when Amber (then 3) and Hazel (then 2) were on a climbing frame/slide thing, it was reasonably safe and loads of kids going up and down, I was sat about 8 feet away. They started bickering between them and the next thing I know Amber kicks Hazel and she goes flying backwards off this frame, falls about 6 feet and lands on her neck/head. It was one of those proper slow motion moments, I saw it happening, lunged to get there in time and missed, I swear I thought she was gonna be dead when she hit the floor, thank god she was ok...

I have had another baby since and no further disasters that I can remember, touch wood, it happens so easily!

My mum did drive 90 miles with my middle daughter, she was strapped into the car seat but the car seat was not strapped into the car, I was furious, but it sounds like it's very common!

Hi

Today it started to rain so I put rain cover on lo in his pram, when we returned home he was still asleep and the rain had stopped so I left him outside not removing cover incase it woke him. when he did wake 45 mins later it was nice and sunny and I noticed he was red when I pulled back the cover it was like a sauna and he was soaked with sweat :blush: I had to feed him straight away and give him water I also stripped him to his nappy. SO busy thinking about not waking him I forgot a plastic raincover is like a sauna :blush:

I scratched Jensons bare foot with my belt yesterday and even drew blood! x

Im sooo bad i put logan in the door bouncer and didnt fasten it right and he fell out!! Luckily he landed on me but my god do i feel bad!!!

Kye broke the toilet seat a few days ago..Keep meaning to buy a new one as anytime he hears the toilet flush he comes running in to the loo to look down the toilet, I have caught him a few times standing there with his hands in side the toilet bowel but never thought it would get this bad....

I had just put kyes bath to run and I went to get his jim jams and that sorted for when he came out only to hear him crying so I went to find out what was wrong to look in the bath room and see my little chappy hanging off the toilet with his head in side the toilet and legs off the ground lol It was atually quite dangerous could have drowned or anything!!! Had to see the funny side of it as I lifted his head out and the top of his mop of curls was soaked with toilet water!!!!

Bad bad bad mama!!!!

I was strapping Amira into her carseat earlier today and I was pulling on the strap between her legs to tighten the straps on her shoulders and my hand slipped and I ended up smucking her in the face :( I felt so horrible even though she only cried for about 10 seconds, I think more out of shock than anything. I still feel bad :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->