The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Well done for putting the changing mat there...that makes you a good Mum!

Umm, Im a bad bad Mummy :(

So Jacob loves scary things, they make him laugh hes a little weird in that way!
So today I was playing peekaboo, but he doesnt like the normal peekaboo, you really have to make him jump before he laughs and enjoys it (worrying I know lol)
Anyhow, we were playing and he was laughing, great. So I decided to sneak up on him from behind.. and instead of saying ''boo'' or ''peekaboo'' silly Mummy got carried away and went ''Rawwwwwwwwwwwwwrr''... Anyway, he screamed!!!! and cried, and the bottom lip was going. I fell to the floor laughing (bad bad mummy) while my OH (his daddy) picked him up and turned him around to see me, when he realised it was me he almost wet himself laughing; so no harm done but I feel awful! I should of picked him up and cuddled him but at the time it was just so funny :dohh: oops.:blush:

:rofl: :rofl:

Been there - done that! It is just sooo funny. Abby liked getting a scare too.

But now she doesn't!

I really want to finish this cup of coffee but she had a poo and I can actually smell it....I know that I go now I will never get back to nice hot coffee.....ou couple of minutes won't hurt her. (bad bad mum)

OMG I nearly killed my daughter :shock: She had fallen asleep in her buggy, so I took the opportunity to go into the kitchen and wash and sterilise her bottles. Well, then I figured that since she was still asleep I would make a fruit salad. I must have been in the kitchen for about 30 minutes, and I heard a shuffling, so figured she was stirring. Normally when she stirs she drops her dummy and starts whimpering, so I try to make it so that I'm there to put it back in before she starts crying.

I came back in the room to find her slipping down out of the buggy. I thought I had strapped her in before she fell asleep, but obviously I hadn't. I rushed over, put my hand under her bum while I unscrewed the activity arch so I could get her out. As I was unscrewing it, her entire weight fell into my hand. God, if I had been five seconds later she would have fallen out; hit her back on the metal footrest, then on the front wheel (I have a 3-wheeler), and finally onto the laminate floor.

Luckily she was absolutely fine, but my heart was in my mouth when I realised what could have happened.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

omg i feel so much better reading this my oh says im bad mummy :( ive had a right crap day this morning got lottie in car and theres car parked right up my arse what do i do hit it i star panicking is baby ok oh tels me stop being silly was bumper to bumper and was only little knock dont stop me worrying though

then i fed her and had her sitting up right after bottle on my lap was texting and she starts taking interest in my phone has right been into eveything this week grabbing at everything so she holds on to my mobile and before i know it shes snatched it out of my hand and bonked her self right on the nose and forehead not a murmer from her just looked a bit shocked but that was it i started crying again i feel so bad hope she ok BTW all your stories are great.xx

omg i feel so much better reading this my oh says im bad mummy :( ive had a right crap day this morning got lottie in car and theres car parked right up my arse what do i do hit it i star panicking is baby ok oh tels me stop being silly was bumper to bumper and was only little knock dont stop me worrying though

then i fed her and had her sitting up right after bottle on my lap was texting and she starts taking interest in my phone has right been into eveything this week grabbing at everything so she holds on to my mobile and before i know it shes snatched it out of my hand and bonked her self right on the nose and forehead not a murmer from her just looked a bit shocked but that was it i started crying again i feel so bad hope she ok BTW all your stories are great.xx

Hon, they're nothing! Do not feel bad about them!! We all do things like that & they're just part of being a mummy! I hope you weren't serious when you said yr OH says yr a bad Mummy? :hugs:

Hon, they're nothing! Do not feel bad about them!! We all do things like that & they're just part of being a mummy! I hope you weren't serious when you said yr OH says yr a bad Mummy? :hugs:
he said it but was winding me up because i was sitting outside crying not that it made me feel any better ha ha then i found this thread and you's all made me feel so much better xx

:cry: I feel awfulll today...I got to my mums house earlier and LO has literally just fell asleep, so I left him in the car on the drive:blush: (please don't shout at me for it) I opened his passenger window and I sat on the window sill in my mums and could see him at all times, I literally left him in there for like 15 mins, I went out as we were going out and he was dripping with sweat, he was sooo hot :( I feel terrible!

Oh and i'm fuming with my OH!!! He went to the garden centre the other day and got a load of stuff so he un clipped DS carseat and moved it into the middle seat so he could put half of the seats down....I put him in it yesterday to goto the shop, and came back...all fine, put him in again today to goto my mums (on the motorway) and THANKGOD I noticed he had not strapped it in again, mortified with him, he didn't even tell me :cry: I felt sick at the thought of me not even noticing and just driving on the motorway, anything could of happened :shock:

x

:cry: I feel awfulll today...I got to my mums house earlier and LO has literally just fell asleep, so I left him in the car on the drive:blush: (please don't shout at me for it) I opened his passenger window and I sat on the window sill in my mums and could see him at all times, I literally left him in there for like 15 mins, I went out as we were going out and he was dripping with sweat, he was sooo hot :( I feel terrible! x
We often leave Abby to sleep in the car on the driveway when we come home. We stay close by and leave it running with the Aircon on (turning it off wakes her anyway!) She still often sweats and gets hot.

I suspect he would have been as warm in the car when it was moving as he was when it stopped, don;t beat yourself up about it, there is a world of difference between leaving him to sleep with the window open, than going off to the shops and leaving him to bake!

So Jacob loves scary things, they make him laugh hes a little weird in that way!
So today I was playing peekaboo, but he doesnt like the normal peekaboo, you really have to make him jump before he laughs and enjoys it (worrying I know lol)
Anyhow, we were playing and he was laughing, great. So I decided to sneak up on him from behind.. and instead of saying ''boo'' or ''peekaboo'' silly Mummy got carried away and went ''Rawwwwwwwwwwwwwrr''... Anyway, he screamed!!!! and cried, and the bottom lip was going. I fell to the floor laughing (bad bad mummy) while my OH (his daddy) picked him up and turned him around to see me, when he realised it was me he almost wet himself laughing; so no harm done but I feel awful! I should of picked him up and cuddled him but at the time it was just so funny :dohh: oops.:blush:

But now she doesn't!

OH tried scaring max the other day, he had had hiccups for about an hour and they were really beginning to make he upset so we were trying everything we could think of to get rid of them, so OH crouched down then jumped up infront of LO and went RRRAARRRRRR LO literally jumped off my lap a few inches and started screaming, i cuddled him and rocked him till he stopped crying then he looked up at me with tears still in his eyes and hiccupped! scares dont work for getting rid of hiccups in babies! poor little man!

But now she doesn't!

OH tried scaring max the other day, he had had hiccups for about an hour and they were really beginning to make he upset so we were trying everything we could think of to get rid of them, so OH crouched down then jumped up infront of LO and went RRRAARRRRRR LO literally jumped off my lap a few inches and started screaming, i cuddled him and rocked him till he stopped crying then he looked up at me with tears still in his eyes and hiccupped! scares dont work for getting rid of hiccups in babies! poor little man!

:haha::haha::haha::haha: that made me LOL :hugs: bless your LOs!

Can't believe my baby is only 2 weeks 3 days and I'm already posting in here :nope:

I realized yesterday that I had been putting way to much water when making up feeds for lo, almost double the amount per amount of formula. I did it for about 2 days worth of feeds. I am terrified that I've done serious damage to him. I just can't believe how stupid I am I've read horrible things that over watered formula can do to babies. I just hope 2 days worth wont be that serious. I couldn't stop crying yesterday because of it. Hubby keeps telling me it's ok that it was just a mistake but I feel so guilty. He seems fine and had a dr's appointment on Tuesday and everything was normal then. Didn't realize I had been doing it on Tuesday or I would have mentioned it to the dr. Do you think he'll be fine???? I feel like such a failure Only 2 weeks old and I've already screwed up

i took ollie for her first jabs today, there she was sat on my knee full of smiles(&trust)then wham, she gets stabbed with a needle in her leg, she just calmed down and then was stabbed in the other leg...i know it needed doing but i felt terrible for her :cry: to top off her bad day i was getting her out of her car seat when we got home and i managed to bump her head on the handle :dohh:

i took ollie for her first jabs today, there she was sat on my knee full of smiles(&trust)then wham, she gets stabbed with a needle in her leg, she just calmed down and then was stabbed in the other leg...i know it needed doing but i felt terrible for her :cry: to top off her bad day i was getting her out of her car seat when we got home and i managed to bump her head on the handle :dohh:

oh hun your not a bad mum for taking her for her jabs, thats being a good mum! she wont even remember tomorrow :) and i knocked max's head on the handle of the car seat the other day too!

Can't believe my baby is only 2 weeks 3 days and I'm already posting in here :nope:

I realized yesterday that I had been putting way to much water when making up feeds for lo, almost double the amount per amount of formula. I did it for about 2 days worth of feeds. I am terrified that I've done serious damage to him. I just can't believe how stupid I am I've read horrible things that over watered formula can do to babies. I just hope 2 days worth wont be that serious. I couldn't stop crying yesterday because of it. Hubby keeps telling me it's ok that it was just a mistake but I feel so guilty. He seems fine and had a dr's appointment on Tuesday and everything was normal then. Didn't realize I had been doing it on Tuesday or I would have mentioned it to the dr. Do you think he'll be fine???? I feel like such a failure Only 2 weeks old and I've already screwed up

oh hun im sure all will be ok we all make mistakes i went do go my hair today came back in fromt room lotties head was hanging off her wedge mat she was ok knawing on her hand i cried like for ever.xx

Oh dear, I've done sooo many things to Eleanor.

She's sat on my lap and because I've been using the computer she's fallen forwards (when she was only a few weeks old) and banged her head on the table. DH looked at me, put his arms out and said 'you're not having her any more' in a very serious way. I couldn't help but laugh.

Banged her head on the door frame, the cupboard door above her changing unit, the desk, the car seat handle, the banister, her travel cot ... lord knows what else.

I've also 'dropped her'. It wasn't bad, she was only about an inch above her cot. She turned over when I was holding her, flinging herself back into her cot landing on her face. Once again, I laughed ... I'm terrible for laughing at her.

I also laughed when she bit her tongue and gave us a massive, massive cry that didn't stop for about 5 minutes. Obviously held her and cuddled her to calm her down, but I knew she wasn't hurt - so laughed. Bad me

Feel ashamed for having to post about being a bad mummy, but right now I feel so guilty.

Summer has major problems pooing and this morning had been screaming since about 9am. I tried her bottle about 930 and she refused it, and I noticed the signs she was trying to poo. Her crying got more and more hysterical between 10 and 11 but I didn't think to try her bottle. Ten minutes ago I tried her bottle... she guzzled it and the crying stopped... she was starving... poor thing. And I put her through all that unneccessary crying by not thinking to offer her milk again. I feel so unbelievably bad xx

:rofl: Ive been trying to get Finn to sleep for hours now and he just fell asleep on my chest. No matter how hard i triedf i couldnt prevent the belly laugh i had going on at your story! Bloody brilliant...I mean, bad mummy! Id of laughed to. I was in stitches the other day when i heard DS1 squeal then shout then start crying. He only decided to test out the fly zapper on himself :D He is 9 though, should have known better. :D

I've tested out a fly zapper on myself and i'm 25 so DEFINITELY should have known better. It was in the dark too and looked like a firework going off. Bloody hurt too. I haven't used it on a fly since - i liked that it only stunned them but I feel sorry for the poor beggars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->