The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Haha im 26 and i had a go as well :D I didnt realise they were only supposed to stun them, i thought mine was faulty. It defo does more than stun spiders.

this made me laugh alot, i told her she needed to get a lockable box for her adult fun time toys.

Keep telling DH we gotta get a lock. I'm sure Charlotte will produce something she shouldn't for my Mother one of these days! :rofl:

OMG this actually happened to me!! When my eldest was 3 she took my mum into my bedroom and handed her my vibrator. I was so mortified!!!!:blush:

I was in stitches the other day when i heard DS1 squeal then shout then start crying. He only decided to test out the fly zapper on himself :D He is 9 though, should have known better. :D

Ha ha this had me chuckling.
OH had been joking with a workmate about licking batteries as it's supposed to give you a jolt - my 16 yr old DD came in and guess what he got her to do?! I'm ashamed to say there have been times when I have struggled to comfort the kids as I'm laughing so much from the silly things they have done. :haha:
For some reason they get really upset when I cuddle them and they can feel my body shaking with suppressed laughter :shrug:

:( i just dropped my phone on my baby :( just above her right eye and its gone red. She screamed and cried her eyes out i feel sooo guilty :( She got so worked up she puked a bit, she has a bad throat at the moment so it set that off and she coughed up lots of phlem so she is not a happy baby :(

I accidentally burn Mika's leg with the buckle on his carseat! The car had been parked for a while, and the straps and metal buckles were hot! I felt bad. It was only red for about 30 minutes, but still!

Oh baad baaad mummy. Yep, here I am again.

Abby was having her brekkie sitting in the bumboo next to the kitchen sink (yeah yeah, I know, that's bad enough, but I'm always right next to her....) She loves playing with the kitchen taps and I usually have the cold tap trickling so she can play with the water. I'd filled the basin with hot water to wash out the cloth, and ran the cold water for a bit to cool the tap down so she could play with it. After she finished her porridge, I turned the tap on so she could play with the water again, and so her hands would rinse. She was gingerly poking her fingers into it and pulling them back - as she sometimes does, so I pushed her hand right under it and held it there, after a second or two she yanked it back. "Aww, is that water too cold" I laughed, and ran my hand under it, to find I'D ACTUALLY PUT THE HOT TAP ON:cry::cry::cry:. Awwwww maaaan, how bad did I feel!!!!:dohh::dohh:

Thankfully the water wasn't actually all that hot - certainly not burney hot. I checked to see there was no mark, but immediately turned the cold tap on and shoved her hand under it for a wee while. Poor girl, I wonder what she must think of me now. What an evil evil mummy she has. I just kept thinking of those poor abused babies you hear of who's parents have deliberately burned them.

And then to add insult to injury I abandoned her for 8 hours.

(well, I put her to nursery....same thing:dohh:.)

I accidentally burn Mika's leg with the buckle on his carseat! The car had been parked for a while, and the straps and metal buckles were hot! I felt bad. It was only red for about 30 minutes, but still!

The 'structions for our carseat actually recommends having a towel to cover it on hot days. I'm not sure it would have occurred to me to cover it up otherwise.:dohh:

Aww, you aren't a bad mummy!

I will have to get a towel. I'm not sure how much help it will be though because the inside of the car still gets really hot, even the stuff that's not in direct sunlight. (It's been between 90 and 100 degrees lately).

Aww, you aren't a bad mummy!

I will have to get a towel. I'm not sure how much help it will be though because the inside of the car still gets really hot, even the stuff that's not in direct sunlight. (It's been between 90 and 100 degrees lately).

I think the metal buckles would only get burney hot in direct sunlight (from my rudimentary memories of physics!) They might get warm in ambient heat but not burney not. Same with the plastic bits. Conductivity and all that.

Having said that, as we're lucky if the thermometer reaches half that, I don't suppose I'll ever get the chance to test my knowledge!

Lol, I never was much good at physics either so I will definitely have a go. It's crazy because even the straps get uncomfortably hot. The heat has been quite miserable, although I'm sure I will complain about the cold this winter!

Lol, I never was much good at physics either so I will definitely have a go. It's crazy because even the straps get uncomfortably hot. The heat has been quite miserable, although I'm sure I will complain about the cold this winter!

i cant wait for winter!!! i hate putting max in the car at the moment its just too hot! and his car seat buckle has been very warm on a couple of occasions so i did it up then wrapped a muslin around it.

Thank you for this thread. Bella's only 8 days old & I've cried for hours over things because I've felt so guilty. It helps to know I'm not alone, we all make mistakes or do things because we've misread their signals.

Dylan wanted to have a go with his push along walker, so I thought I'd be clever and position him just far enough away from the tv unit so he wouldn't hurt himself if he fell. Turns out I'm not so good at judging distance :blush:

When my LO is napping during the day he's so quiet that sometimes I actually completely forget he exists. What kind of mom forgets she has a child? :dohh:

When my LO is napping during the day he's so quiet that sometimes I actually completely forget he exists. What kind of mom forgets she has a child? :dohh:

Thought it was only me that did that! Thank you for making me feel a bit more sane :)

i feel so bad but i am so tired at the moment with getting up at all hours to feed LO (hes 3weeks tomorrow) sometimes i hear him be sick in his moses basket next to the bed and i think ''oh heck hes sick again, i better get up and wipe it up/wind him etc''
but then i must fall asleep and wake an hr later and he has dried sick all over his face and clothes :-(

I don't know if I dare do this...

Albert was having tummy time on his playmat and making funny noises. My Mum went over to talk to him to see that he'd been sick and rubbed his face in it - very messy.

Worst part? I had to take a photo before I cleaned him up. Bad Mumma!

Attachments

• eek4F.jpg
    eek4F.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 310
my turn to write something!!

i dropped Oscars bottle on his head the other day! he didnt cry but it left a red mark!!!! i felt really bad...silly mummy

I've done that before! And he was at my dad's and when I went home from work I almost forgot we had to go get him!

Albert was having tummy time on his playmat and making funny noises. My Mum went over to talk to him to see that he'd been sick and rubbed his face in it - very messy.

Worst part? I had to take a photo before I cleaned him up. Bad Mumma!

Mika does this too! One day he was kind of fussy, and I went over and checked on him and he had rubbed his face in his sick and gotten sick in his eye! I felt so bad for the poor guy.

ok, this one isn't from me (yet!) but my HV of all people told me this -

she has a daughter who is my age (19) and they have lived in the same little village since she was tiny. on 3 separate occasions she came out of the village shop, walked all the way up the hill to come home, got in, unpacked and couldnt work out why her dog was fussing. She had left her daughter outside the store :dohh: and had to walk allll the way back to the shop, and there she would be, in her chair outside in the sunshine - 3 times!

so, when your HVs act all high & mighty (mine doesnt thankfully) just remember they made silly mistakes too - we are all human :)

thought id share it as it made me feel much better about myself. xx

Albert was having tummy time on his playmat and making funny noises. [I]My Mum went over to talk to him to see that he'd been sick and rubbed his face in it - very messy.[/I]

:rofl::rofl: I had to read that twice - I read it as your MUM had rubbed his face in the sick, I was thinking ooh how mean. Dozy or what :blush::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->