The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

My little one loses her dummy in the night and half asleep, I try put it back in her mouth, a few times I've ended up sticking it in her ear or her eye instead! Poor little blighter!

Your avatar is adorable, tammii!

Well I had my first mommy fail today. lol. I was trying to put my baby in her little play seat/saucer thing, and as soon as I let go of her the seat detached and she fell through! I felt soooo bad! My poor baby :cry: She totally fine though thank goodness!

i have an awful confession!

My lil one cant pull himself up yet.. well i thought he couldnt, so we hadnt moved his cot down! one morning he was crying so went downstairs for something, heard a huge thud and dexter crying, ran upstairs and he had fell out his cot! luckily he was fine and a few huggles from mummy n daddy hes fine but my god i felt sick! its moved down now lol

I've got a few

I dropped a bottle on lo's head by mistake it fell out of my hand

I've slept through so many alarms telling me to get up and feed at night

Left lo's hands out of her mittens and she has now got an eye infection and a black eye where she grabbed her eye and skin and pulled it down - it looks like I've hurt her and I feel awful :-(

I've got a few

I dropped a bottle on lo's head by mistake it fell out of my hand

I've slept through so many alarms telling me to get up and feed at night

Left lo's hands out of her mittens and she has now got an eye infection and a black eye where she grabbed her eye and skin and pulled it down - it looks like I've hurt her and I feel awful :-(

I didn't file LO's nails for a week once and she scratched her cornea really bad and had to use antibiotic drops and ointment and everything. I understand. Apparently it's more common than you think! :hugs::hugs:

I nearly drowned him in the bath !! I was trying to reach the towel and he was wriggeling a bit too much and i lost my grip, luckily his mouth didnt go under but i got such a fright and quicky tried to pull him out that i hit his head off the bath ( his plastic one) omg i nearly died. I was crying my eyes out saying how bad a mammy i was !!

i clipped rhys' finger today (for the 2nd time in his life!) and he cried hysterically!

i also banged his head on the door of the changing rooms in swimming, i forget how long my baby has gotten!!

bad mummy :(

x

i bang Max's head on the car door at least once a week. He's used to it now

The other day my cousin asked if she could hold Ella, I told her to put a muslin over her top because I knew she had smoked that day and go to pass Ella to her, my mum suddenly says she needs to wash her hands. She had been cleaning the rabbits out where the rats get into and I didn't realise. If my mum hadn't said anything she would have taken Ella and she could have easily gotten that disease from rats urine(can't remember what is called). I always wash Ella's hands after people have held her anyway because they always insist on holding her hands but still. In future anyone who wants to go near her have to wash there hands in front of me lol.

The other day my cousin asked if she could hold Ella, I told her to put a muslin over her top because I knew she had smoked that day and go to pass Ella to her, my mum suddenly says she needs to wash her hands. She had been cleaning the rabbits out where the rats get into and I didn't realise. If my mum hadn't said anything she would have taken Ella and she could have easily gotten that disease from rats urine(can't remember what is called). I always wash Ella's hands after people have held her anyway because they always insist on holding her hands but still. In future anyone who wants to go near her have to wash there hands in front of me lol.

That amazes me that people don't think of these things before holding someone elses bubba! Even before I was a mum, I was always so careful of this.

That amazes me that people don't think of these things before holding someone elses bubba! Even before I was a mum, I was always so careful of this.

even OH's gran, who has severe alzheimer's remembers to wash her hands b4 holding LO. although tbh she doesnt really go anywhere or do anything so never gets dirty but its nice that she remembers.

even OH's gran, who has severe alzheimer's remembers to wash her hands b4 holding LO. although tbh she doesnt really go anywhere or do anything so never gets dirty but its nice that she remembers.

My cousin is 30 with 2 children so I assumed she would have clean hands as I thought it was common sense, I feel so bad for being so stupid. I definitely wont make that mistake again.

Wiggles has a habit of stripping every item of clothing off to play with his bits of late, I went into his room to get him this morning to find that he'd stripped off, unfortunately it was dirty nappy, he covered his cot, blankets, sheet the wall and himself (think he may have eaten some) in poo and was happily smiling away very proud of himself playing with his bits

Wiggles has a habit of stripping every item of clothing off to play with his bits of late, I went into his room to get him this morning to find that he'd stripped off, unfortunately it was dirty nappy, he covered his cot, blankets, sheet the wall and himself (think he may have eaten some) in poo and was happily smiling away very proud of himself playing with his bits
Im sorry but :haha: on another note, poor you with all that washing! X
xx

Sometimes Amelia is really fussy taking the bottle and I have to put it in and out of her mouth a few times before she will suck. I have one teat though that's a bit bigger and I can never tell which one it is, so when I take it out of her mouth, it squirt's all over her face! I feel horrible when it gets in her eye.

I've bashed Eamon's head when I've put him in his car seat a few times :( And once he almost fell off the couch... didn't know he could roll yet and found out when I saw him dangling half off it with his little legs pedalling in the air! Have also left him in a dirty nappy a few times when I've been realllly tired and so is he as we cosleep sometimes. :( He poos in the night sometimes but I don't always smell it and if I find he has when we get up for the day I feel awful.

last night i had my laptop on my knees and LO lying on the bed next to me. I reached over for the light and my laptop slipped off my knees onto my LO's face. She started crying and I felt awful!

i put charlie to sleep early hours of yesterday morning and tucked his blanket in either side of him tightly with the ends under the mattress as always so he was nice and snug, only problem is i'd forgotten to bring up his normal blanket so i used a thin fleecy one and because it's so soft he was able to kick it loose and he woke me up with a strange cry...it was over his face! I felt awful, went downstairs to get his proper blanket and lay there stricken with fear and what ifs and self recriminations until charlie woke up at his normal time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->