The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I was cooking last week and I opened the oven door to check the chicken and kye came running in from the hallway in to the kitchen and his elbom skimmed the edge of the oven door, he started crying for a min or two then stopped. I ran his arm under cold water just incase as I thought it was nothing. When I got him out of the bath the next day and looked at his arm..My god..My poor baby he has a big scab were it was burnt, will probally scar. Took him to the doctor who said it will heal by it self...Feel really bad :(

Went out for lunch yesterday with LO and my mum. He LOVES going out to eat, and was SO excited in the highchair. I ordered him a children's meal (little beef burger, veg sticks and jacket potato). Mum and I decided to have a pudding too - a sharing dessert platter with small portions of different things. When it arrived LO just dived towards it with both hands - scooped up fistfuls of ice cream stuffed it into his face, then a profiterole and stuffed that in, too. It was so funny, we didn't even attempt to stop him. He had a fab time. So much for no refined sugar....

Went out for lunch yesterday with LO and my mum. He LOVES going out to eat, and was SO excited in the highchair. I ordered him a children's meal (little beef burger, veg sticks and jacket potato). Mum and I decided to have a pudding too - a sharing dessert platter with small portions of different things. When it arrived LO just dived towards it with both hands - scooped up fistfuls of ice cream stuffed it into his face, then a profiterole and stuffed that in, too. It was so funny, we didn't even attempt to stop him. He had a fab time. So much for no refined sugar....

Brilliant. I'll bet he looked a picture!!

lol my LO did something similar yesterday, we were out for a suprise 40th birthday meal, and when the cake came out i left mine as i was so full, i had LO on my knee and was talking to someone next thing i know she burst out laughing, LO had grabbed te cake and stuck it all in his mouth, he was covered in chocolate cake and had the whole resturant laughing at him

i was running to answer the phone about 2 weeks ago, while holding aiden, and i whacked his head off the door frame :nope:

he screamed, but it was only a bit red afterwards. i thought there was going to be a lump the way it sounded! i still feel so bad!

My little girl loves being outside and on a sunny day I'll often put her out in her bouncer on the outdoor table (in the shade of course) and leave her there. She will talk away to her toy giraffes and will nearly always have a nap. While she's happy and content, I'll go have a shower, clean the house etc, leaving her on her own. I feel guilty about just leaving her on her own, outside (she's competely safe though) but would prefer doing that than letting the TV be her 'babysitter'.

My little girl loves being outside and on a sunny day I'll often put her out in her bouncer on the outdoor table (in the shade of course) and leave her there. She will talk away to her toy giraffes and will nearly always have a nap. While she's happy and content, I'll go have a shower, clean the house etc, leaving her on her own. I feel guilty about just leaving her on her own, outside (she's competely safe though) but would prefer doing that than letting the TV be her 'babysitter'.

cor u got much more guts then me!! im much prefer the tv lol:blush:

I wouldn't worry about having her outside. According to my mum, when my siblings and were babies, we spent loads of time outside in our prams - and my mum was CONSTANTLY telling me Abby "should be outside on a day like this"

I would say though - I'd be more worried about having the bouncer on a table. My sister's health visitor went nuts at her for doing that:shrug:

I wouldn't worry about having her outside. According to my mum, when my siblings and were babies, we spent loads of time outside in our prams - and my mum was CONSTANTLY telling me Abby "should be outside on a day like this"

I would say though - I'd be more worried about having the bouncer on a table. My sister's health visitor went nuts at her for doing that:shrug:

As she get bigger and bounces more in the bouncer I won't put her on the table. But for now, she is still quite still and just 'talks' to her toys. The table is quite a large one and I put her right in the middle + she's strapped in to her bouncer, so no chance of slipping out. Took her playgym outside and had her on the ground (she wasn't actually on the ground, she was on the mat & on a blanket). She loved it, she was there very content for about an hr.

My mum and her sisters used to plonk me and 2 of my cousins outside in our prams when we were little, in the shade and when i was about 3months old on a particularly hot day i got burnt to a crisp, in the shade! So just go keep an eye on her skin :) Id love to leave my LO to play by himself but after 2mins he gets bored! I cant do anything! X

As she get bigger and bounces more in the bouncer I won't put her on the table. But for now, she is still quite still and just 'talks' to her toys. The table is quite a large one and I put her right in the middle + she's strapped in to her bouncer, so no chance of slipping out. Took her playgym outside and had her on the ground (she wasn't actually on the ground, she was on the mat & on a blanket). She loved it, she was there very content for about an hr.

Sounds nice and safe. I don't think my sister stopped doing it either :haha:

god i should be a pro at doing nappies by now but when i changed my DD pull up this morning found i had put it on backwards, ceylon didnt care tho she stood there going silly mummy :dohh:

ok, so i did one yersterday!

fed tobi his dinner and had finished tidying up, so undid the harness of the highchair. Now, my ittle cat has a habit of bringing SLUGS into the houise, ick, i know!
anyway, i saw that there was one on highchair, so turned to get something to pick it up with. turned back to see LO toppling head first out of the highchair!!!
it was like a slow motion scene, me bending down and catching him by the middle, head down about 30cms from the ground!!!

He was giggling his head and i was laughing with hysteria!!

not my finest moment!!!!!

Ah Bella fell of my bed the other day, there was a 10 second delay before she screamed!

She has a box of toy eggs and she tips the eggs out and just opens and closes the box. Well i picked her up, box still in hand and trapped her fingers in it, i didn't realise until she cried.

Bad bad mummy.

I was eating McDonalds yesterday while BF and looked down at Fin afterwards to see him with a bit of Quarter Pounder stuck behind his ear. Most of his expressions for the rest of the day were ones of disgust lol xx

I was eating McDonalds yesterday while BF and looked down at Fin afterwards to see him with a bit of Quarter Pounder stuck behind his ear. Most of his expressions for the rest of the day were ones of disgust lol xx

:haha: that's gold!

This is a daddy confession as told by mummy.

We were looking through display homes today and there was an ornament on a coffee table. DH has this thing where he likes to put Amelia in 'funny' places. This time he pretended to put her through this ornamental cast iron loop/hoop thingy but accidentally bumped her head on it instead. She was quiet then started screaming, not that he hit it very hard. All I could do was shake my head! Daddys!!!

:haha::haha:

I just wanted to have a rant! can i do that here?? I am SICK of friends etc picking me up on things! so as loud as i can holler .............

I USE BABY POWDER COS IT MAKES THEM SMELL NICE LOL, I DO NOT SPRAY IT IN THEIR FACES TO INTENTIONALLY FILL THEIR LUNGS!!!!

I LET MY TODDLER EAT SWEETS COS HES BEEN A GOOD BOY AND A FRIGGIN APPLE JUST WOULDNT CUT IT.

YES THAT IS A DUMMY IN HER MOUTH, AND YES I AM BREASTFEEDING.... WHY YOU ASK?... COS I WANT TO! OK!

NO I CANT BE ARSED TO USE COTTON WOOL AND WATER.... WHY???? COS WIPES ARE EASIER AND ANYTHING THAT MEANS I GET 2MINS TO SIP DOWN MY FREEZING COLD COFFEE IS A GODSEND LOL.

YES I AM ABOUT TO CHANGE HER NAPPY IN THE BOOT OF THE CAR, SHUT UR MOUTH ABOUT THE BREEZE ROUND HER BUM OR I WILL NOT BE DRIVING YOU HOME!

rant over and...............breathe..................wooooooooosaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

just a few of the little gems that people have used against me tryin to make me feel like a crap mummy this week lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->