The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

my LO was playing with a rattle while i was changing his bum in tesco yesterday then smacked himself in the mouth with it really hard and started crying, so i finished doing his nappy and stood him infront of the mirror as this makes him laugh, so what did he do? Headbutted it really hard.... I came out the baby changing looking like id just beaten him...

i must be so sleep deprived i cant stop laughing at that ..soooo sorry :hugs:
Lol thats ok, it is funny! I just felt so bad! X

I'm back unfortunately!

Today i got Bella to sleep on our bed & cos she's been a bit of a nightmare sleeping, i left her there, rolled up the quit & paded it out with pillows so she couldn't fall off.... Perfect, or so i thought.

I went in cos i heard her murmer and she was trapped between the headboard & the matress in the standing up postion, only all i could see was her top half, it looked like the bed had eaten her! She looked at me with this face that just said i don't know what happened or how i got here. I couldn't help but laugh as i pulled her free.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok you guys I'm really ashamed to put this one on here...Mika usually sleeps for about two hours in the morning, so I figured that while he naps I would nap too. When he woke up 30 minutes later (boo!) I just put him in my bed with some toys while I continued napping (he was only like 6 inches away from me, didn't think he would get into anything)...I woke up and he was holding something I didn't recognize as a toy...it seems that OH and I left a tube of lube in the bed and he got ahold of it and smeared it everywhere...all over himself!...I had to call poison control because I thought he might have eaten some!

Ok you guys I'm really ashamed to put this one on here...Mika usually sleeps for about two hours in the morning, so I figured that while he naps I would nap too. When he woke up 30 minutes later (boo!) I just put him in my bed with some toys while I continued napping (he was only like 6 inches away from me, didn't think he would get into anything)...I woke up and he was holding something I didn't recognize as a toy...it seems that OH and I left a tube of lube in the bed and he got ahold of it and smeared it everywhere...all over himself!...I had to call poison control because I thought he might have eaten some!
LMAO! Is he ok? Nothing in it that can harm him is there? X

Lol, nope he's perfectly fine. I do feel really really guilty though!

Lol, glad I could give everyone a chuckle! I'm glad people don't think I'm just the worst mom ever! If I had thought about it I would have grabbed a picture, but I was too freaked out and didn't think of it until I had him in the bath!

Finally I can have my own bad mommy moments

I cant count how many times I have accidentally dropped the remote on her poor little head

Last night she was too hyper and I was too tired. So I laid her on the side towards the tv and went on to sleep. I woke up to see she had fallen asleep. Not sure what she watched lol

I changed her diaper and was walkin around with her. I felt a lump in her back. In a panic, I stripped her clothes off her only to discover that I somehow trapped her pacifier in the back of her diaper :shrug:

Mortified :shock:

During the last week or two of my pregnancy I was wearing panty liners as you do, and my 2yr old daughter caught me a couple of times putting one on, (at the swimming baths etc) and she asked me if it was a plaster for my sore bum, and I said yes happy for her to think I just had a bit of nappy rash lol
Well she went to stay at her nannas over night (my mum thankfully) and they had bought her a doctors kit with stethoscope, thermometer, bandages etc.
My mum walked in on her putting the bandages in her underwear and asked her 'what are u doing'? to which she replied 'putting plasters on my sore bum like mummy'!!!:wacko: Like I said thank god it was at my mums and not at nursery lol

WEll it finally happened, Lottie fell off the sofa. I had been practising wrapping her on my back and popped her onto the sofa while I untangled myself. She spotted my mobile on the coffee table, lunged for it and flung herself onto the floor. Poor little mite howled for about 15 mins, she must have had a stinking headache. Fortunately calpol is the saviour of all situations and she's fine. I on the other hand....!!

I've just moved house and things have all been a bit hectic! A and I are sleeping on a mattress on the floor whilst i am waiting for my proper bed and bed guards to arrive. He has rolled off not once, not twice but THREE times! He thinks it's a game and finds it hilarious when i sprint across the room to try and catch him!

Its finally my turn!
Went to feed LO and hadnt put the lid on properly without realising and all the milk poured out onto LO.
He was so hungry though he was screaming so had to feed him while he was soaking, then he was zonked and was fast asleep so still couldnt change him.
oops
x

These confessions are great! Makes me feel like I am a normal mummy.

My confession this week: I don't know how many times I have done it, but bump Amelia's head while I am getting her out of the car. We use a capsule that clips into her pram, but now we just leave it in the car and put her in the pram. Those moments that I do bump her head, I hold my breathe waiting for her to cry. Sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't, I look around to see if anyone saw, sigh with relief if it goes unnoticed, feel guilty as hell if it doesn't.

These confessions are great! Makes me feel like I am a normal mummy.

My confession this week: I don't know how many times I have done it, but bump Amelia's head while I am getting her out of the car. We use a capsule that clips into her pram, but now we just leave it in the car and put her in the pram. Those moments that I do bump her head, I hold my breathe waiting for her to cry. Sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't, I look around to see if anyone saw, sigh with relief if it goes unnoticed, feel guilty as hell if it doesn't.

Lol, don't worry, it gets worse as they get older! At least it has for us. I have a pretty small car, and the longer Mika gets the more difficult it becomes to get him out without hitting his head. He never even reacts anymore.

I cut my LOs finger tip while clipping her nails. It didnt hurt her but it bled for like half an hour so i put a bandade on it and then i couldnt get it off cozz it was too sticky :dohh:

Ahhh the "am I going to get away with that one" pause. Happily most of the time it is yes:happydance:

I cut my LOs finger tip while clipping her nails. It didnt hurt her but it bled for like half an hour so i put a bandade on it and then i couldnt get it off cozz it was too sticky :dohh:
I did this heaps. I found the best thing was to immediately stick the finger in your mouth and give it a suck. Worked every time.

Its finally my turn!
Went to feed LO and hadnt put the lid on properly without realising and all the milk poured out onto LO.
He was so hungry though he was screaming so had to feed him while he was soaking, then he was zonked and was fast asleep so still couldnt change him.
oops
x

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Dropped him on his head today! He seems fine. Here's what happened.
I was holding him on my hip, and he spat his paci on the floor and the dog was gonna have a lunge at it, so I was about to bend down to get it and he literally jumped from my arms and on to the floor head first. I think he thought when I was about to bend down I was gonna set him down and he just went for it.

He has a knot on his head and a little carpet burn since he kind of skidded.

Bad, bad mommy.

Dropped him on his head today! He seems fine. Here's what happened.
I was holding him on my hip, and he spat his paci on the floor and the dog was gonna have a lunge at it, so I was about to bend down to get it and he literally jumped from my arms and on to the floor head first. I think he thought when I was about to bend down I was gonna set him down and he just went for it.

He has a knot on his head and a little carpet burn since he kind of skidded.

Bad, bad mommy.

I was meant to quote u not thank u lol.

I hope he's ok :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79