The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

poor little Isla sat up on the bed today. she sits up quite well, so i started straightening my hair whilst she played on the bed - the suddenly I heard a loud bang - she'd wobbled sideways and hit her poor little head on the bedside cabinet. now she has a nasty mark on her forehead. :cry: bad mummy - feel so bad for not having watched her properly

Dont worry Harrison fell right off the bed the other day! xxx

jarrett is 18 days old today,
the second night we had him home i was exhausted after his feeding and changed his bum and went back to sleep
the next time i woke up to feed and change him again, i found i had stuffed his dirty poopy diaper down the leg of his pants last time i had changed him, and he was sleeping with it balled up in there for 3 hours!

ahahahaha. You must have been exhausted hun! Totally understandable!

Ella fell out of bed this morning. She wasn't even on the edge side she mustve crawled over me when i fell asleep :(

LO was on sofa yesterday evening and I was sat right next to her on the floor. I reached for a piece of pizza and she tumbled forward and straight off the sofa. It happened so quickly!

I swept her up so quick I didn't even see how she'd landed and calmed her straight away with breast milk.

I followed the advice here: https://www.babycenter.com/0_falls_397.bc and made sure I woke her up a few times in the night.

She's got a slightly puffy right eye this morning, guess that's where she landed.

I feel slightly better for reading some of this thread!

Haley was in the floor today and I reached to grab a toy and had let go of her while she was sitting, well booger took off to crawl, except she cant yet and smacked her face in the carpet! Poor baby, has a little red mark but nothing big but you would've thought I put acid on her skin she cried so hard! Bad Bad Mommy! :haha:

No matter where in living room I put Tristan he is always glued to the TV! He is only 10 week old! :lol:

No matter where in living room I put Tristan he is always glued to the TV! He is only 10 week old! :lol:

Lol, Georgia is the same, I have to admit sitting her in the bouncy chair with kids tv on so I can go do a bit of housework or nip to the loo...she loves it :dohh:

Lol, Georgia is the same, I have to admit sitting her in the bouncy chair with kids tv on so I can go do a bit of housework or nip to the loo...she loves it :dohh:

Yeh I do sometimes! Especially so Hubby and I can eat tea!

Little gogglebox!

My twinnies have been home for two and a half weeks and have only had a proper bath once :blush: just been using baby wipes & cotton wool washing - I feel so bad :nope:

My twinnies have been home for two and a half weeks and have only had a proper bath once :blush: just been using baby wipes & cotton wool washing - I feel so bad :nope:

they didn't show me how to bath jarrett while i was in the hospital like they usually do, and i was too scared to try it by myself, so jarrett never got a bath untilll he was 10 days old when my mom came over and bathed him with me

my girl is 2 month old... yesterday i discovered a bath would not suffice and i have to clean between her toes with cotton buds ... fluff isnt the word hahaha

they didn't show me how to bath jarrett while i was in the hospital like they usually do, and i was too scared to try it by myself, so jarrett never got a bath untilll he was 10 days old when my mom came over and bathed him with me

not as bad as me...they didnt show me either but they did give me a vocal dimenstration..however I was sure I knew how to do it...except I forgot to check the water with my elbow..just stuck my hand in and it seemed warm enough ..found out I was putting my 2 day old baby in what felt like ice cold water:dohh:...needless to say it was her first cry!

Yeh I do sometimes! Especially so Hubby and I can eat tea!

Little gogglebox!

i might get shot down for saying this but i don't think it's a bad thing at this age for them to see the tv now and again...they're looking at the colours and listening to the sounds. that has to be a good thing, right? fin loves it too!

This one is about my mom!

When I was about 3 or 4? (young enough to be stupid, old enough to remember) I was at my baby sitter's house (crazy lady that ran a daycare from her garage) and my mom came to pick me up. Well, while my mom and the babysitter were talking, I was climbing between my mom's legs and holding onto her arms like a monkey. SHE DROPPED ME! I fell chin first on the cold, hard, concrete of the garage floor and hit my chin. It didn't really hurt, but all the sudden she picked me up, threw me in the back of the van, and rushed me to the ER. I was so confused, I didn't know what the heck was going on! I was just playing around and everyone started freaking out. Turns out I had a huge gash under my chin and blood was EVERYWHERE.

4 butterfly strips and 16? years later, I have a small scar under my chin, which I use anytime my mom won't let me have my way. Guilt Trip for Life!

i might get shot down for saying this but i don't think it's a bad thing at this age for them to see the tv now and again...they're looking at the colours and listening to the sounds. that has to be a good thing, right? fin loves it too!
I agree. Did Abby no harm and despite what they say about it delaying their speech, she is miles ahead in that department.
not as bad as me...they didnt show me either but they did give me a vocal dimenstration..however I was sure I knew how to do it...except I forgot to check the water with my elbow..just stuck my hand in and it seemed warm enough ..found out I was putting my 2 day old baby in what felt like ice cold water:dohh:...needless to say it was her first cry!

I wouldn't worry about it. We used a thermometer to make sure she got a 36/37 deg bath but was at my mums and didn't have it so used the elbow, the water was bladdy freezing!!

Babies are meant to have the bath water really hot apparently! But i'm too scared to do it too hot so i just make sure its luke warm lol. She seems happy and we arnt in there for very long :) x

my girl is 2 month old... yesterday i discovered a bath would not suffice and i have to clean between her toes with cotton buds ... fluff isnt the word hahaha

OMG the toe fluff! :shock: Where does it all come from lol!

LOL i know??

I have discovered libby loves TV.. I ate my breakfast while she watched Mickey Mouse playhouse!

LOL i know??

I have discovered libby loves TV.. I ate my breakfast while she watched Mickey Mouse playhouse!

LOL, my OH's boss was talking about watching mickey mouse playhouse with his daughter, and he said to my OH "just wait untill your kid is old enough that all you get to watch is mickey moyse playhouse .. im warning you right now, your beer just doesn;t get cold enough when your watching mickey mouse play house"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->