The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Hi Girls!

Two weeks old and I need to post here already. Well I've just posted in baby club but thought you gals might have some more help.

Since she was in the hospital Holly has been given a dummy. I wasnt bothered by it as I had one as a child and never saw a problem with it. BUT, she is 2 weeks old and this bloody dummy is becoming the bane of our lives! She won't sleep without it, but then 20 minutes later it falls out and shes screaming and its driving us crackers! We are getting horribly broken sleep and no idea how to fix the problem we seem to have created. We live on the ground floor of an apartment so really dont want to leave her screaming until she settles as it will disturb neighbours, and to be honest it breaks my heart. But we are at a loss as to what to do. Does any have any suggestions???? Please!!

LO fell asleep in her swing with her forehead resting on the toy tray. When she woke up she had a HUGE dint in her head where the tray was.

Poor lass.

It went away after 5 minutes and some kisses.

Ella's arms got sunburnt on xmas day. Now she's peeling. :( I put sunscrean on her but i still feel bad :(

I made a fairly bad typo and just announced to Facebook that I have the scummiest baby alive...

...dagnabbit!!!

LMFAO!!!! :rofl:

Ahh this thread makes me feel human again after my lo getting up every hour and a half to 2 hours lastnight, tiiired!!! Lol!

Hi Girls!

Two weeks old and I need to post here already. Well I've just posted in baby club but thought you gals might have some more help.

Since she was in the hospital Holly has been given a dummy. I wasnt bothered by it as I had one as a child and never saw a problem with it. BUT, she is 2 weeks old and this bloody dummy is becoming the bane of our lives! She won't sleep without it, but then 20 minutes later it falls out and shes screaming and its driving us crackers! We are getting horribly broken sleep and no idea how to fix the problem we seem to have created. We live on the ground floor of an apartment so really dont want to leave her screaming until she settles as it will disturb neighbours, and to be honest it breaks my heart. But we are at a loss as to what to do. Does any have any suggestions???? Please!!

unfortunatly not - we have same problem, lo needs to suck for comfort and cant keep dummy in. We find cherry teats are the best but still fall out, she is getting better with age, its just one of those things we need to ride out till she learns how x

Nathan woke making a few noises at 4am not crying just whimpering a bit. He does this sometimes and settles himself back off to sleep within a few mins which he did this time. He woke at 7am, i went in to get him and he was soaking wet. His nappy was full of wee, his pajamas, it even went through the sleeping bag and onto his bedding. Poor little boy. Why, oh, why didn't i get up to check on him at 4am? Then he would have been asleep in it for 3 less hours.

Megan is quite a havy baby and after feeding her for almost an hour in the early hours the other night when i lifted her to put her in her crib when she was asleep my arm gave way and i accidently whacked her head against the crib bars. Thankfully she was ok and stayed asleep. I felt bad tough :(

LO fell asleep in her swing with her forehead resting on the toy tray. When she woke up she had a HUGE dint in her head where the tray was.

Poor lass.

It went away after 5 minutes and some kisses.

I laughed at this, only because I misread it an thought it was advice you were giving to hodbert from the post above:haha:

Hi Girls!

Try a different dummy, or take it away and have a couple of days of protest, which should settle down. It might annoy your neighbours, but it seems they might be annoyed anyway if your LO is crying everytime the dmmy is lost.

Hi Girls!

LO loves his pacifier and we have one that he can actually keep in his mouth himself, he keeps it in all night long without any help and he has since birth, the brand is called soothie https://soothie.respironics.com

oh god im in here again... I was carrying libby in the sling and went to make some lunch and opened the cupboard door and hit her inthe head and she cried and there was a little dint :cry:

this was about a month ago.
my son fell asleep with his dummy in.... but when me and DH went to check on him he didnt have it in, so we thought it had just fell into his cot. when he woke up for his feed we went to him, picked him up and then noticed a bruise like imprint of his dummy on his cheek just under his eye.
omg i felt so horrible for days because of the "bruise". it was just a pressure mark though. but i still felt like such a bad mum for not noticing sooner.
oh we didnt notice because our son cant sleep unless hes wrapped up, and he had his head turned to the side.

the mark went down a couple of days later. and we have checked each night that the dummy isnt near his face since then.

this was about a month ago.
my son fell asleep with his dummy in.... but when me and DH went to check on him he didnt have it in, so we thought it had just fell into his cot. when he woke up for his feed we went to him, picked him up and then noticed a bruise like imprint of his dummy on his cheek just under his eye.
omg i felt so horrible for days because of the "bruise". it was just a pressure mark though. but i still felt like such a bad mum for not noticing sooner.
oh we didnt notice because our son cant sleep unless hes wrapped up, and he had his head turned to the side.

the mark went down a couple of days later. and we have checked each night that the dummy isnt near his face since then.
This happened to us. We were in hospital because OH dropped LO down the stairs and when one of the nurses woke him up during the night for his obs he had a mark just by his eye, she thought it was from falling down the stairs x

it worried the hell out of me when it happened. i thought people would think that we did it to him. but thankfully they understood that things like that happen. x

it worried the hell out of me when it happened. i thought people would think that we did it to him. but thankfully they understood that things like that happen. x

I know that feeling. The night before my LO's 4 month check up she managed to scratch herself pretty bad on her face (and her nails had been clipped!) She looked like the cat had got to her or something. I was really embarrassed but the doctor understood.

jarretts new sleeper is dark blue, and he must've drooled or had milk on his chin, and the sleeper was resting on it .. and the dye leaked out ... and now jarretts chin is blue :dohh:

a few months ago my at the time 2yr old daughter woke up crying in the middle of the night - i went in to check her, gave her a cuddle and a little drink and left her to go back to sleep. 10 minutes later she was crying again, i gave her another cuddle and put it down to a bad dream. this happened about 5 more times over the next 30mins, i was beggining to get a little annoyed (and she wouldnt speak a word when i went in, and it was more of a wingy cry - no tears) i was at the time heavily pregnant and needed my sleep so when she started up again this had been going on nearly an hour it was about 4.30am and i shouted ''go to sleep hannah!'' - all went quiet and didnt hear a peep for the rest of the night.
next morning i go in first thing, and she'd been sick!!! all in her hair and her bed, i felt awfull!! luckily she wasent ill or anything after just one of those one off pukes in the night.

a few months ago my at the time 2yr old daughter woke up crying in the middle of the night - i went in to check her, gave her a cuddle and a little drink and left her to go back to sleep. 10 minutes later she was crying again, i gave her another cuddle and put it down to a bad dream. this happened about 5 more times over the next 30mins, i was beggining to get a little annoyed (and she wouldnt speak a word when i went in, and it was more of a wingy cry - no tears) i was at the time heavily pregnant and needed my sleep so when she started up again this had been going on nearly an hour it was about 4.30am and i shouted ''go to sleep hannah!'' - all went quiet and didnt hear a peep for the rest of the night.
next morning i go in first thing, and she'd been sick!!! all in her hair and her bed, i felt awfull!! luckily she wasent ill or anything after just one of those one off pukes in the night.

Awww, poor wee poppet.:hugs:

I've done that too!

This isn't really anything major but I still feel bad about it!!

Put LO to bed last night at 9.30 and as is usually the norm as soon as she was put in her cot she woke right up and started babbling to herself. I went back into her room 5 times to put her dummy back only to be given what I call "the babbling finger" as she kept spitting it straight back out in order to talk to herself..So fed up were me & my OH of getting up to put it back in that I said to my OH "Well she's happy.. She's not crying, there isn't anything wrong with her she's just chatting her away to herself..I'm sure she'll whinge for her dummy if she wants it so just let her babble for a bit"... Well anyway we left her to it the babbling getting louder and louder until eventually it stopped. Thinking nothing of it at all we just assumed she'd fell asleep. We have the monitor in the living room when we're in it and could hear her shuffling about but not making any noise...She's quite a tossey turner sleeper anyway so again we just assumed she was asleep and trying to get comfortable. So we carried on watching whatever we were watching and went to bed about midnight.. I went to check on her before I got in to bed like I always do and there she was WIDE awake.. A little baffled I called my OH (just to let him know)..Put her dummy in and she went straight to sleep with it.

The poor little lamb must have been waiting for one of us to go in and give it to her but because she didn't moan for it we assumed she nodded off without it as sometimes she does..But she didn't..She lay there awake for over 2 hours just waiting for it :dohh:

The poor little lamb must have been waiting for one of us to go in and give it to her but because she didn't moan for it we assumed she nodded off without it as sometimes she does..But she didn't..She lay there awake for over 2 hours just waiting for it :dohh:
Not sure about waiting for it, as Abby doesn't have a dummy but was awake from about 10.30pm to 3.00am. Just lying there, having a chat, watching her mobile, having a wriggle. It was strange. I felt bad about her being awake, but if I'd have gone into her she would have kicked off when I tried to leave again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->