The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Oh my god I feel like such a bad mom today. I had my daughter playing in her jumperoo. It had been about 2 hours since she ate and that's the longest she usually goes during the day. She started to get upset and cry so i thought she was hungry. I went to make her a bottle. Got her out of the jumperoo and realized she was bleeding. I panicked. I checked her over and only found 2 cuts on her toes. They look like she formed blisters from jumping and they burst. We have a box underneath and we usually put a blanket or something on to of it but i forgot to today and the top of the box was covered with spots on blood. Its just a flat box with no sharp edges or anything but i feel soooo bad now. I feel like the worst mom ever.

https://i54.tinypic.com/jfkryp.jpg

This happened to my LO when we moved up a level! I felt bad but it only took a couple of days to heal :flower:

Oh my god I feel like such a bad mom today. I had my daughter playing in her jumperoo. It had been about 2 hours since she ate and that's the longest she usually goes during the day. She started to get upset and cry so i thought she was hungry. I went to make her a bottle. Got her out of the jumperoo and realized she was bleeding. I panicked. I checked her over and only found 2 cuts on her toes. They look like she formed blisters from jumping and they burst. We have a box underneath and we usually put a blanket or something on to of it but i forgot to today and the top of the box was covered with spots on blood. Its just a flat box with no sharp edges or anything but i feel soooo bad now. I feel like the worst mom ever.

https://i54.tinypic.com/jfkryp.jpg

This happened to my LO when we moved up a level! I felt bad but it only took a couple of days to heal :flower:

izzys had the 2 i put 2 pairs of socks on her now :(

Bad mummy! I was getting a nappy and wipes out of the drawer to change Liam's bum and he was holding the drawer so I moved him back and slammed it shut so he wouldn't catch his finger in it. He moved fo fast got one finger in as it was slamming and it was too late for me to pull him back or stop the drawer from shutting. His poor little finger. He was bleeding one side and the skin had been pulled back on the other side but not eough to make him bleed. Now I'm worried his finger nail is going to turn black and fall off. :cry:

when jak was a newborn i shouted at him :( something along the lines of "shut up and go to sleep your ruining everything" and i stormed out the room n cryed. omg i feel sooo guilty about it and hes almost 10 months now. we didnt get off to a great start lol xx

We didn't get off to a great start either. I got angry a few times during those long dark nights. I feel really guilty about some of the things I thought (I just used to go silent, which is probably even worse than shouting at her!) but looking back I was really struggling.

I'm sure most people have had points like that, whether or not they admit to it.

i got really stressed with Trystin wanting to breastfeed all the time then he would fall asleep and 15 min later he would want back on. i've yelled at him quite a few times. even sat there bawling while he was happily eating away. i'm much better now and i never yell anymore. but i'm guilty of yelling at him for not sleeping all the way through :/ and i always felt SOOOO terrible afterwards that i would cuddle him and tell him how much i love him. not like he'll remember but, just in case i want him to know i really do love him!

I just read this article on the BBC news website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12192050

It's about how mothers put pressure on each other by telling little white lies as they are too embarrassed to tell the truth about their parenting for fear of being judged.

Made me think about what a great thread this is!

The other week I was drying my hair with Millie sitting on my bed playing with her toys I turnt my head upside down to finish the drying & heard a massive scream..... Yep Millie feel off the bed.... She was so upset I felt terrible x

I did that with Josh when he was about 3 months old! He screamed for ages, I felt awful!!

I sometimes get really annoyed when Macy won't settle overnight and is so tired and cranky, I haven't had any sleep and I usually end up getting stressed and muttering "just go to fucking sleep, i know you're tired and your just making things worse for both of us" Feel awful speaking to her like that but I'm just so exhausted and stressed. Doesn't help that she doesn't sleep during the day due to reflux either :-(
xx

I sometimes get really annoyed when Macy won't settle overnight and is so tired and cranky, I haven't had any sleep and I usually end up getting stressed and muttering "just go to fucking sleep, i know you're tired and your just making things worse for both of us" Feel awful speaking to her like that but I'm just so exhausted and stressed. Doesn't help that she doesn't sleep during the day due to reflux either :-(
xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I took LO for a weigh in on Monday and when I undressed her I noticed her foot had a big yellow stain.
She likes to stamp her feet in her poo nappies and I obviously didn't do a very good job with the wipes!
Spent the rest of the appointment trying to keep my hand over it so HV wouldn't see! :haha:

xx

I once said "oh please just shut up" to Ailah in the middle of the night and the next day she was crying while i made a bottle and Abby turned to her and said "oh Ailah whats wrong? please shut up" :blush:

i feel awful ladies :cry:
yesterday morning alfie woke up an hour after being fed and changed..i took him out of his cot put him in bed with me and he kept wriggling and squirming i just held him i though argh hell drift off eventually hes just fighting it...anyway sure enough 10 mins later he was fast on...we got up about 1 hr 1/2 later and i went to change him and there was the biggest pooh ever i felt so guilty the poor little man mustve been so uncomfortable and that was why he was wriggling!!
tut tut naughty mummy

<3

My LO was at a group doing messy hand painting - he had just learnt to sit unaided, had wiped his face with the paint and looked just soooooo cute all covered in paint - so I ran round the front with my mobile phone to take a photo - of course he lost his balance without me sat behind him and went toppling over - he burst into tears. Felt awful as it was just so I could get a cute photo!

jarretts new sleeper is dark blue, and he must've drooled or had milk on his chin, and the sleeper was resting on it .. and the dye leaked out ... and now jarretts chin is blue :dohh:

I took Mika to urgent care because he had the most horrible red rash ever on his chest. It was dye from his red shirt and his drool!

The poor little lamb must have been waiting for one of us to go in and give it to her but because she didn't moan for it we assumed she nodded off without it as sometimes she does..But she didn't..She lay there awake for over 2 hours just waiting for it :dohh:
Not sure about waiting for it, as Abby doesn't have a dummy but was awake from about 10.30pm to 3.00am. Just lying there, having a chat, watching her mobile, having a wriggle. It was strange. I felt bad about her being awake, but if I'd have gone into her she would have kicked off when I tried to leave again.

Every now and then Mika has one of those times. When I KNOW he's tired and needs to sleep and he's in his crib playing happily instead of going to sleep. I always wonder if I should go in, but every time I do, he gets upset and never takes the darn nap he needs.

aww LO pulled himself up on his baby bath today, all well and good til he dived forward and hit his face on the actual bath :( :( :(
he had to have cuddles and spend the rest of the bath with a dummy in!

I got angry at Clara earlier today while nursing as she had one hand pinching my breast and the other pulling my hair (she got a fistful out too!). I raised my voice to almost yelling level begging her to let go. Of course I immediately felt bad for yelling at her, but the way she pulls my hair I'll be bald in no time.

I didnt notice Ailah had pooped when was in her door bouncer untill it had squelched out the sides and was running down her leg :sick:

I believe I belong in here now after Ellie has just fallen out of her bouncer right onto hard floorboards!!! :dohh:

Only 2 weeks ago she fell off the sofa... thought the bouncer was save!! but obviously not..

no where seems to be save with my child lol... she's at that age where she's getting her body into all different angles and trying to do stuff she evidently cant!!

We now have a big bump on our head!! right in the middle!!

I think i also belong in here now too, wasn't too sure about admitting this as i feel so bad about it....
A few days ago i was having one of those awful days where i was sooo tired and had hardly any sleep the night before and was walking round like a zombie, well in the morning i changed LO's nappy and then cant really remember what i did the rest of the day, think we went out and did some shopping etc, well anyway it was later on in the evening and LO was crying a little so i said to oh, "maybe she needs changing, when did you last change her?" to which he replies "i havnt changed her today, you have been havnt you?" Ermmmmm......no.....OMG.... i felt sooooooooooo bad! Her nappy was so wet and looked huge :cry: It must have been atleast 10 hours, i feel soooooo bad!!!!! How could i forget somthing like that??!! :(

awww don't feel bad!! if she's like Ellie and doesn't cry when she's wet its easy to forget!! I think the other day I went about 6 hours lol.. Changed her in the morning about 8am.. then went out shopping, visiting friends.. then about 2.30ish.. was like.. "oooh haven't changed you for a while!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->