The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I'm so stressed out I'm considering leaving LO to cry it out for her nap. She will only fall asleep on me, but I need to have a shower as she was sick down my bra this morning and it reeks. I'm by myself, she is in her cot but I can hear her fussing on the monitor and shes going to start any minute. :cry:

been there hun if u need 5 mins leave her to cry while u have a cuppa easier said than done, I been there. All I can say is there is a light at the end of the tunnel, my lo was exactly the same and around 12-14 weeks she just changed and was like a different baby and the time I could put her down on her playmat has increased and still does xx:hugs:

pixxie, do it love. You need a break, and whether you use that time to shower or have a cuppa, the length of time is the same.... if she is safe, fed, changed etc then go and get clean - you'll be a better mum afterwards!

nothing would stop chloe crying ealier, she got herself so over tired wouldnt sleep for like 5 hours she just cried constantly for 2hours after about 1 and half hours of holding hwer and trying everthing she just kept crying i had to go of room and make a cuppa and have 5 mins leaving her to continue crying as i couldnt cope with it any longer

Yet again I let Molly down today..

She was in her sit me up cosy playing this evening when she launched herself backwards, smacked the back of her head (which made a crack on contact) and banged it on the corner of the skirting. I'll never forget her face girls, she screamed the place down and I just burst in to tears..infact I'm getting weepy for the umpteenth time yet again just writing about it (I thought this may help the guilt!). She has a bump on the back of her head and I'm so worried that she's got a fracture or bleeding internally.

A friend of ours is a doctor so I rang him and he said she sounded fine and gave me the thngs to look out for. Now she stopped crying after a minute, ate her entire dinner, was laughing etc a few hours after but I can't help but feel sick. I just feel like I've let her down once again. I'm so so so sorry Molly Moo, I'd like to say I'll never let it happen again but I'm so worried it will. God I feel awful.

She was in her sit me up cosy playing this evening when she launched herself backwards, smacked the back of her head (which made a crack on contact) and banged it on the corner of the skirting. I'll never forget her face girls, she screamed the place down and I just burst in to tears..infact I'm getting weepy for the umpteenth time yet again just writing about it (I thought this may help the guilt!). She has a bump on the back of her head and I'm so worried that she's got a fracture or bleeding internally.

A friend of ours is a doctor so I rang him and he said she sounded fine and gave me the thngs to look out for. Now she stopped crying after a minute, ate her entire dinner, was laughing etc a few hours after but I can't help but feel sick. I just feel like I've let her down once again. I'm so so so sorry Molly Moo, I'd like to say I'll never let it happen again but I'm so worried it will. God I feel awful.

:hugs: It's so easily done hun. I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine xx

nothing would stop chloe crying ealier, she got herself so over tired wouldnt sleep for like 5 hours she just cried constantly for 2hours after about 1 and half hours of holding hwer and trying everthing she just kept crying i had to go of room and make a cuppa and have 5 mins leaving her to continue crying as i couldnt cope with it any longer

After 90 minutes of holding her made no difference, I'm sure 5 minutes alone did her no harm either. I've certainly been there done that.

ahhh hun :hugs:

:hug: hun im sure we have all done it x

I left chloe playing on the floor while i went into the kitchen at my sisters, she was in there with my 2year old nephew and 11year old nephew so i though she would be fine while i made a cuppa. Well 2mins later i heard her screaming and my 11 year old nephew said my 2year old nephew smacked her round the face, i felt like it was my fault for leaving her their.

Also yesterday i was carryin her upstairs for a bath and she flug her self back while still in my arms and hit her head on the banister, i dont think it bothered her as she didnt cry but i felt awful

Thanks girls, I didn't sleep a wink last night but she's fine. Went back to being a little madam straight away this morning, haha. xxx

I sat Elsbeth on the floor while i was sorting her car seat out, and then decided i wanted to take some pictures as she looked all cute in her spotty coat with the hood up, while i was busy looking at the pictures then she kinda fell sideways and landed flat out bashing her head on the frame of her baby walker, she cried for about 5 secs, i cried for the rest of the day!!

Dont worry, Harrison fell off the bed this morning. Thats the 3rd time hes fallen off the bed onto his head. Hes also just started to pull himself upto standing with whatever he can grab hold of, then just lets go and falls back :dohh:

Clara does that all of the time and we usually try to put a pillow or blanket behind her. Earlier today she was good and kept sitting down instead of falling so I thought she'd be ok if I didn't worry so much...the very next time she stands she let go and bonked her head good on the parquet flooring.:dohh:

Today i was taking Beaky up for a nap. I tripped and fell on the stairs, he banged his head on the step as i couldnt stop the fall, although slowed us down considerably. I feel terrible because he just looked at me as if to say 'what did i do to.deserve that' and i feel so guilty i cant tell oh because he'll give me lecture and make me feel worse :S xxx

Oh my god, they say things come in 3s! Well after the whole 'lump on head' incident, yesterday Molly was sitting but fell forwards and banged her nose and gave herself a little nose bleed! And then this morning, she was having a feed in bed with me and I hit her by accident across her forehead with hand :dohh: She just looked at me as in 'are you serious mum.. ' Oh my god, I can't be trusted with my own daughter.. xxx

had him in ELC the other day playing with a baby walker (the push along kind) he was doing great till he fell :( he screamed this awful screams and everyone looked as if i'd pushed him or something :(

I don't think we should feel bad for shouting occasionally when we have done everything we can for our babies and for some reason they won't/can't settle. I think we shout more out of frustration cos we can't figure out what it is we need to do to make them feel better, not necessarily cos we are 'mad' at our babies.

:flower:

The other day, Connor was screaming for ages... I found myself going 'shut up, just shut the f*ck up'. I feel so so so bad :( It wasn't likeit was his fault.

I don't think we should feel bad for shouting occasionally when we have done everything we can for our babies and for some reason they won't/can't settle. I think we shout more out of frustration cos we can't figure out what it is we need to do to make them feel better, not necessarily cos we are 'mad' at our babies.

:flower:

The other day, Connor was screaming for ages... I found myself going 'shut up, just shut the f*ck up'. I feel so so so bad :( It wasn't likeit was his fault.

Hey, :flower: don't worry about it, it's okay you were just frustrated that's all.
He won't remember, you haven't hurt him and you are still the same Mummy as before, you're not a bad person :hugs:

I'm pretty sure a lot of us have been there with you xx

I'm guilty of pretending I don't hear Odhrán the first time when he wakes up :lol: Those extra 5 minutes are heaven though!

I had Amara infront of the mirror on the wall at my mum's house just looking at herself and she flung forward and banged her head on the mirror, my poor baby. But it didnt even bother her thank god!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->