The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I felt so bad.. okay here is what happened.. My DS was trying to put my thumb in his mouth and i have rather long finger nail and he ended up getting it up the side of nose so he has a scratch it drew blood and everything i felt so bad it made me soo sad :(

I was playing with jarrett on the floor a few days ago and lifting him to a standing positon and he threw himself back and I didnt catch him in time and he hit his head on his bum cream :(

he had the cream all over his head and a bump the shape of the top of the cream :cry: it took me longer to stop crying than him

i feel so awful and guilty it was all my fault he got hurt

Sophie almost ate cat food last week.

I went into the kitchen, and she followed me in as she always does. I literally just popped some bread in the toaster, turned and she was sitting by the cats dish with some food in her hand and centimetres from her mouth.

:sick:

:blush::shrug: I should have found this thread sooner!

I've spent nights crying because a few weeks ago my lil man burnt his hand on my straightners ....and it's scarred :cry::cry::cry: My new born (who was days old at the time) started to cry - I walked over to him - didnt even see James in the room and he grabbed them and burnt the side of his wrist! but now he has a lump on the scar and I have to take him to the docs later and I'm scared what they'll say to me :cry::nope: - my dh went mad to - no one feels worse than me! :cry:

I've spent nights crying because a few weeks ago my lil man burnt his hand on my straightners ....and it's scarred :cry::cry::cry: My new born (who was days old at the time) started to cry - I walked over to him - didnt even see James in the room and he grabbed them and burnt the side of his wrist! but now he has a lump on the scar and I have to take him to the docs later and I'm scared what they'll say to me :cry::nope: - my dh went mad to - no one feels worse than me! :cry:

:hugs:

:hugs:

Don't feel bad, chick. It was an accident - could happen (and does happen) to every one of us.

OOH I can join this thread now for my 14 week old son.

I was cutting his fingernails last week with some nail clippers that have a plastic sheild on them. I sut the nail far too high cos he moved as I clipped. There was blood everywhere and two very upset peeps crying on the sofa! Now I have chucked the sheild away as it obviously doesn't do its job... I can't bite his nails as they are very strong just like his dads! :(

Don't worry at all, I'm waitimg for Molly to do that one day. Big hugs. Oh and my friend's little girl sat on hers, had 2 lines on her thigh, 6 months later and it's hardly noticeable :thumbup: It'll fade, just keep it moisturised once healed. xxx

I was cutting his fingernails last week with some nail clippers that have a plastic sheild on them. I sut the nail far too high cos he moved as I clipped. There was blood everywhere and two very upset peeps crying on the sofa! Now I have chucked the sheild away as it obviously doesn't do its job... I can't bite his nails as they are very strong just like his dads! :(

have you tried the baby nail files they are much better than sissors and even if they miss and they get their fingers it doesnt hurt them at all, takes a while longer than just cutting them but i much prefer it

have you tried the baby nail files they are much better than sissors and even if they miss and they get their fingers it doesnt hurt them at all, takes a while longer than just cutting them but i much prefer it

Ooh no I haven't even seen them about :dohh: where do you get them from? I managed to trim them today no probs without the sheild. His nails grow soo quickly, he really takes after his dad! His nails are longer than mine!

Ooh no I haven't even seen them about :dohh: where do you get them from? I managed to trim them today no probs without the sheild. His nails grow soo quickly, he really takes after his dad! His nails are longer than mine!

boots or tesco they are like adult nail files but alot smaller and less rough
here are the boots one obviously you can get them instore https://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Essentails-Baby-Emery-Boards_641651/

When I get ready to give Carter a bath, I always sit on the edge of the tub and lay Carter across my knees (facing up) to take off his diaper. Well last night when I did it somehow I managed to scratch him all the way across his back with my engagement ring. He didn't cry, but once he was in the tub I saw a long red welp like mark and I felt so bad.:cry: Thankfully it didn't draw blood or else I really would have been in tears.

I think we've all done something like that one, Luke once caught his cheek on an earning of mine and got a scratch poor thing!

When I get ready to give Carter a bath, I always sit on the edge of the tub and lay Carter across my knees (facing up) to take off his diaper. Well last night when I did it somehow I managed to scratch him all the way across his back with my engagement ring. He didn't cry, but once he was in the tub I saw a long red welp like mark and I felt so bad.:cry: Thankfully it didn't draw blood or else I really would have been in tears.

I've left scratches in various places on Clara regularly since she was born. She never reacts when it happens, but I'll be changing her into her sleeper or clothes and find random scratches on her that must be from my ring.

I have two confessions to get out that I feel bad about!! :dohh:

Yesterday after a nice bath I had William on the bed and decided to try and clip his nails a bit for the first time with some baby nail clippers I have in this little kit. I did his toe nails fine but then I went to do his thumb nail on his left hand and I accidently caught part of his thumb in it and he went red and started crying hysterically. I just picked him up and tried to comfort him but he just cried and I felt so bad, I stuck his thumb in my mouth and that seemed to calm him, lol. It didn't bleed but it still must have hurt like hell. I felt crap after and cuddled him lots. I'm going to be using the nail file from now on!

As if that wasn't bad enough, this morning before we got up I was giving him a feed sitting up in bed. He came off so I picked him up to put him over my shoulder to wind him and I bumped his head on the back of the bed! It wasn't hard but he did a little cry for a few seconds. BAD MUMMY. :sad1:

Thanks ladies. I just can't believe he didn't react more, it really was a big scratch. I guess I got a tough one.

Today I put my son on his play mat with his gym aboove him and he was happily playing there for about an hour, so i got the housework done... when i came back and picked him up, i found he was laying in a pool of sick :( his hair was soaked, his top, the matt... I just feel bad thinking he could of been laying in his sick for nearly an hour! :( Oops

i accidently poked Max in the eye the other day :nope: he didnt cry though, just looked confused and blinked a few times lol

We always put Gabriel in his swing to nap and my OH will put him in it after he's eaten for 30 min to allow him time to digest his food (otherwise he spits up). He told me the other day that he put him in there and then went to do a few dishes in the kitchen only to hear this *thud, thud* coming from the other room. When he went to check, Gabriel had wiggled free of the tray and was standing up and was making it swing, so that it was smacking up against the wall! :haha: Crazy monkey!
(We're bad parents because we never, ever buckle him into it, just put the tray table down and lock it in place.)
You can see the swing in the third picture in my siggy:

Today I put my son on his play mat with his gym aboove him and he was happily playing there for about an hour, so i got the housework done... when i came back and picked him up, i found he was laying in a pool of sick :( his hair was soaked, his top, the matt... I just feel bad thinking he could of been laying in his sick for nearly an hour! :( Oops

omg! I could never leave libby on her playmat for an hour at that age or now without a hissy fit :cry: I have such a clingy baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->