The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I was giving chloe a bath and i lifed her into sitting position to wash her hair and she was being really wriggley and i banged her head, she didnt cry or anything but i felt really bad :(

I felt so terrible yesterday, I was holding Zoe, trying to get off the couch and I think somehow I squished her little tummy. She threw up a little bit and gave this scary wretch. I felt like the worst Mom in the world. :(

I was pushing Clara in the stroller yesterday and had the sunshade part pushed forward to block the wind and sun coming in from the front. I had my purse up on the cupholder part at the handle and accidentally knocked it forward and it fell and landed on her face. She didn't seem to care but I felt so bad. I looked around to see if anyone on the sidewalk had seen what I had done.

I felt so terrible yesterday, I was holding Zoe, trying to get off the couch and I think somehow I squished her little tummy. She threw up a little bit and gave this scary wretch. I felt like the worst Mom in the world. :(

I've done this, was a few days after Eli was born. Just fed him at 6 am, and was holding him with one arm to drink a cup of coffee for the morning. Guess it scrunched his tummy too much, because he projectile vomited all over me, himself and the floor. Scared the crap out of me! He was fine, though, thankfully; didn't even cry!

I've done this, was a few days after Eli was born. Just fed him at 6 am, and was holding him with one arm to drink a cup of coffee for the morning. Guess it scrunched his tummy too much, because he projectile vomited all over me, himself and the floor. Scared the crap out of me! He was fine, though, thankfully; didn't even cry!

Same here, she just went back to snoozin', poor girl!

I keep accidentally dropping Lily's dummy on her head or hitting her in the mouth/nose with it :blush:

I have to confess for a few years back, its been on my mind for so long, i feel terrible, i left the hair clippers plugged in upstairs, and my 4yr old twins decided to get together and cut each others hair, i found them both standing there with a stripe through their head, i will find the pictures and post them, they are comical, you should of seen their faces, and mine.

i gave aiden my mobile to hold as usual that he usually loves but he lifted it up and he donked him right between the eyes, he just looked at me as if to say 'what did you do that for?' didnt cry or anything but made me feel awful :( x

Went to put Eli in the Moby wrap today, and was getting everything situated, and as I went to pull up the final piece over his body, I caught his foot and pulled his leg a bit awkwardly towards his bum. He cried, and that's when I realized I accidentally caught him! I sorted out his foot, and had to reassure him, as he cried for a little bit after wards... I feel so awful for it, and it's the second time I've done it! Though, the first time was a long while back... :cry:

I hope I'm not the only one that's fumbled, as a baby-wearer. :cry:

I left my baby playing with her toys in the middle of the bed, and she decided to learn to crawl today and fell off the bed.

I just heard a noise and then her crying really hard, i went and found her little feet sticking from under the bed.
She cried for about 5 minutes i felt horrible!

Went to put Eli in the Moby wrap today, and was getting everything situated, and as I went to pull up the final piece over his body, I caught his foot and pulled his leg a bit awkwardly towards his bum. He cried, and that's when I realized I accidentally caught him! I sorted out his foot, and had to reassure him, as he cried for a little bit after wards... I feel so awful for it, and it's the second time I've done it! Though, the first time was a long while back... :cry:

I hope I'm not the only one that's fumbled, as a baby-wearer. :cry:

No you are not the only one :blush: I do the exact same thing with my harness.

--------------------

Aaron is crying right now and I am just letting him cry. Hes fed, dry and winded and nothing I do can console him. I am going to try the pacifier again. I feel so bad not being able to help him.. I hope he is just being fussy and stubborn...

im here today i feel soo sooo sooo sooo bad :'(
set my alarm for this morning as i had to be up for my course, LO was asleep in my bed so i went in the shower, only to hear a thump 2 mins into my shower. Went running in to fin LO on the floor crying. Poor little thing has a big red mark on the side of his face, lucky he stopped crying after cuddles and getting his toys out on the bathroom floor so i could finish the shower but omg it frightened the life out of me.

Ahh big hugs, Molly's done it twice. I feel sick whenever I think about it if I'm honest. One time, I saw it happen and her head 'cracked', god I cried my eyes out for hours. Big hugs, xxx

i dread to think what he hit his head off! In a way im glad i didnt see it or i'd have been hysterical! im pretty sure he hit the side of his face off the adapter with the plugs in :'(
i bet it's a bruise tomorrow :(
xx

As a mother to be I am sure I will do many of these things...I drop everything as it is, sure baby will be no different! Just hope I don't do my special fall up the steps when carrying baby in my arms!

I had a bad friend moment, I was sat on the sofa with my friends little boy, he was about 1 at the time, and he was on my knee but I didn't have my arms around him (can't remember what I was doing) and he launched himself off my knee and the sofa.......I was soooo upset about it. He was fine and smiling and giggling at everyone about 5 mins later but I have felt so guilty ever since!

i dread to think what he hit his head off! In a way im glad i didnt see it or i'd have been hysterical! im pretty sure he hit the side of his face off the adapter with the plugs in :'(
xx

Bruises and bumps mean nothing, some kids get them, some don't so don't worry if he does get one. Don't worry though, it won't be the first time or last :winkwink: How is he today? I watched Molly like a hawk for 48 hours after cracking her head, didn't eat and was on a massive guilt trip. Spoke to a friend who's a doctor and he said Molly was fine but did I need anything to sort me out :haha: :blush: xxx

I can't even count how many times Clara has now bonked her head on our parquet flooring. She's pulling herself up on everything and cruising - often one-handed.:shock: Needless to say she falls over sometimes and smacks her head on the floor (thankfully not as often anymore). Only one time she got a goose egg and once a tiny bruise on her forehead. We can't just keep following her around constantly (we've tried, it's exhausting) and she refuses to stay on the section we've put those padded tiles down on. I figure it's just gonna get worse before it gets better once she decides to start trying to walk, which I'm expecting any day now...sigh.

xx

Bruises and bumps mean nothing, some kids get them, some don't so don't worry if he does get one. Don't worry though, it won't be the first time or last :winkwink: How is he today? I watched Molly like a hawk for 48 hours after cracking her head, didn't eat and was on a massive guilt trip. Spoke to a friend who's a doctor and he said Molly was fine but did I need anything to sort me out :haha: :blush: xxx

he's absoloutly fine, red mark went down considerably to a slight bruise, cant even see it today, he just had 2 new marks from falling today lol. he's pulling himself up and cruising round everywhere and keeps falling on the laminate, just little bumps today though with ever so dramatic crys!
i think it was more frustation that he had fallen tbh !
xx
xx

Ah bless, I'm glad he's ok :) Molly's so funny, she can be so over dramatic over the tiniest thing but then when she has a proper clunk on the head, nose etc, she doesn't even bat an eyelid sometimes, they're funny things. xxx

We had just got back from LO's first injections and he was in a surprisingly good mood so I put him down in his gym while I used my breast pump. When I went over to check on him the battery pack for the pump slid out of my hand and hit him right on his forehead. It made quite a bang and he screamed for a couple of minutes. I spent the rest of the afternoon feeding him while looking up head trauma on the internet. One day later and there is a small red mark the size of a pinprick and no lasting effects.

However I did not feel too guilty telling my OH because the previous week LO had been sleeping on his tummy on the sofa and he fell asleep. When he woke he had a shock because LO was no longer there, he was sleeping in his moses basket which was directly below the sofa and must have rolled off without even waking up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->