The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Today Millie decided to grab my straightners, I think because they make a noise when they warm up she wanted to have a nose x

i always put indie on the sofa when we go downstairs in the morning, (always so she cant roll off), just for a second while i put out her playmat, i don't turn my back on her or move more than a meter away.....

But today she managed to push herself up, and literally throw her self off the sofa... no joke...! my poor baby was crying for half an hour... its the first time shes seriously hurt herself and i feel terrible.....

I had a little cry with her :(

im crying just typing this

last night the LO was up 1am - 4am and just wouldnt settle back down even when i brought her in bed with me. she was on and off the breast and so moany

im v ill atm. no excuse i know but i shook her a little....not a lot but it made her cry a bit and i feel awful knowing i hurt her

im a bad mum :(

last night the LO was up 1am - 4am and just wouldnt settle back down even when i brought her in bed with me. she was on and off the breast and so moany

im v ill atm. no excuse i know but i shook her a little....not a lot but it made her cry a bit and i feel awful knowing i hurt her

I know how frustrated you feel! I put LO to bed at 7.30, went up to bed at 9.00 myself, and she was wide awake. Wouldnt go back to sleep until 10.30. Then woke up again at 2.00 and didnt go back to sleep until 4.45, I was shattered. I swear I could have thrown her out the window. She was tired, but wide awake and nothing I could do was helping... in the end I gave her to my OH and she fell asleep within a couple of minutes! :sleep:

i just feel so bad
shes never sttn but lately with teething (i hope its teething!!) shes up every 1-3 hrs
im ill atm possible M.E and neeeed sleep im so tired and feel so sick today :(

xxx

im at my wits end libby wont self settle and its our fault, she has always been held/rocked/fed to sleep and then is put down asleep, it doesnt last long and is always in my bed by 12pm the latest, its reached boiling point and me and oh have decided we need to do something so last night tried cc, i left the house as i couldnt bear it and i came in an hour later she was still crying so i just scooped her up and cuddled her, then I felt bad for undoing that hour and sending her mixed signals :( so I tried it again for her nap this morning and tried to be strong she was obviously shattered and crying with eyes shut but as last night I was the first to give in... I know she is 5 months and a little young but its really getting a joke, when she cries though I feel my heart being ripped out and im in tears myself :(

I tried when luke was 6 months, and couldn't do it, then when he was 9 months I managed to do it, now we have a baby who falls asleep by himself and sttn. If you can maybe wait a little longer and you might feel more ready

im at my wits end libby wont self settle and its our fault, she has always been held/rocked/fed to sleep and then is put down asleep, it doesnt last long and is always in my bed by 12pm the latest, its reached boiling point and me and oh have decided we need to do something so last night tried cc, i left the house as i couldnt bear it and i came in an hour later she was still crying so i just scooped her up and cuddled her, then I felt bad for undoing that hour and sending her mixed signals :( so I tried it again for her nap this morning and tried to be strong she was obviously shattered and crying with eyes shut but as last night I was the first to give in... I know she is 5 months and a little young but its really getting a joke, when she cries though I feel my heart being ripped out and im in tears myself :(

Hey hun!! Dont feel bad :hugs: what you can do, is rock cuddle sing your baby till she is ALMOST asleep, then put her in the crib. Wait if she whines leave her, if she starts to do that uncontrollable cry pick her up and do it all over again. It can take longer but for me it was the only way i could do it :hugs: You could try when you lay her down and she starts to whine talk to her or sing to her, i found with my daughter it made her worse tho but every baby is different

sorry forgot to mention, start to slowly put her in the crib more awake. Less cuddling rocking ect :hugs: hun!!

aw youre not a bad mum!
jacob was up from 4 til 6 am screaming. nothing would settle him, so i tried winding him but was so frustrated and upset, i winded him too hard and he stopped screaming, looked up at me, then started crying in big heart-breaking sobs. i couldnt believe i hurt him.
everytime i feel myself getting cross when hes having a scream, i just think back to how bad i felt and it stops it in its tracks.

our babies will have forgotten all about about it by now, but we're not so lucky!

I was lying down with Clara earlier nursing on our bed and hoping she'd doze off. Well, she didn't but I did - until I heard a thump! She had crawled to the end of the bed and fell off. She only cried for a minute or two but she has a small bump on the side of her head.:cry:

I was holding Lily with one arm earlier when trying to make a cup of tea. I opened the cupboard to get sugar and hit the back of her head with the corner of the door.

I couldn't believe it - I just froze, waiting to see what her reaction was and after a second she started sobbing.

Poor little creature. She calmed down after a few minutes, but that's the first time I've actually hurt her and made her cry. I felt terrible.

I went to the post office and then to sainsburys - I kept LO in the car seat and in and out the car.... for the FIRST time EVER ... I forgot to put the seatbelt round the car seat... so LO was strapped in but not attached to the seat of the car... I only realised when I went to get her out at my friends house. I was absolutely horrified at myself and don't know how I could have done this... I know its one of those things you only do once (I will check and triple check) still feel mortified thinking about what could have been (I drove 20 minutes from sainsburys to my friends house not a quick hop but any means).

SO very very grateful we never had a car accident - doesn't bear thinking about.

OMG! I'm having the worst day for this today. First she crawls off the bed earlier, now she snuck up behind me while I was talking to dh and when I stepped back I stepped on her hand (neither of us realized she was right behind me). You couldn't even see a red mark and she only cried for a second, but mostly because I startled her I think. At least she's in bed now so I can't cause anymore damage tonight.

Last week i stepped on my son's hand, he was fine.
But i have to be honest.
When he is trying to crawl through his chair or walker trying to grab a toy and he starts to get mad and cry, i can't help but laugh for a minute before i help him out!

chloe has bad eyes atm as she has conjunctivitus (spelling) well we have to bathe them 3v or 4 times a day to keep them clean and she screams so nbadly each time makes me feel awful :(

I went to the post office and then to sainsburys - I kept LO in the car seat and in and out the car.... for the FIRST time EVER ... I forgot to put the seatbelt round the car seat... so LO was strapped in but not attached to the seat of the car... I only realised when I went to get her out at my friends house. I was absolutely horrified at myself and don't know how I could have done this... I know its one of those things you only do once (I will check and triple check) still feel mortified thinking about what could have been (I drove 20 minutes from sainsburys to my friends house not a quick hop but any means).

SO very very grateful we never had a car accident - doesn't bear thinking about.

we have a car seat base that clips in so i cant do that but i forgot to strap her in!!! we only drove a few mins up the road to the petrol station where i realised but if i didnt we drive on a moterway home! so ur not alone hun :hugs: x

I used to have 1 of those pod car seats too, 1 day i went out with my mom and we forgot to seat belt the car seat in, we turned the corner and i heard the seat move.
I asked my mom if she strapped the seat in, she thought i did it. Needless to say we pulled over immediately and strapped him in.
I've never told my bf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->