The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

I have my first confession :( I had my little guy on the change table when he decided to spit up so I reach for a tissue, and went to wipe it up but ended up scratching his face. My nails grow like crazy ever since I had him. He started screaming and I started crying. I scraped the surface but it kept bleeding so I just put pressure on it for awhile. I got him calmed down and now he is sleeping in his swing. But I keep looking over at him and see his scratch on his face and I feel so crappy. I know that he scratches his own face, but this is worse than those. I hope it heals fast and doesn't leave a scar. I feel like such a bad Mommy :cry:

I did this as well, I cried more than he did. Then my family was like OMG what happened? You need to cut his nails more often apparently! and I had to say ....that was me :cry: He has forgiven me though. :flower:

I did this as well, I cried more than he did. Then my family was like OMG what happened? You need to cut his nails more often apparently! and I had to say ....that was me :cry: He has forgiven me though. :flower:[/QUOTE]

I deffinately feel better about it today. It is healing and doesn't look so bad. But my husband says this morning, "what is that mark on his face?" Trying to bug me because he clearly knows what happened. It is kinda reassuring reading this thread, because I realize that other women have accidents as well. Thanks!

well we lasted 13 months without a major accident. but today was the day :cry: LO slipped in the bath and cracked her whole face against the side of the bath,hello split open lip and LOTS of blood and screaming :cry: i feel sooo guilty, i should have caught her in time! i tell her everyday not to stand in the bath! argh! her tooth has gone strait through one side and out the other its all swollen :(

well we lasted 13 months without a major accident. but today was the day :cry: LO slipped in the bath and cracked her whole face against the side of the bath,hello split open lip and LOTS of blood and screaming :cry: i feel sooo guilty, i should have caught her in time! i tell her everyday not to stand in the bath! argh! her tooth has gone strait through one side and out the other its all swollen :(

Poor LO, hope she is better soon xx

Harrison was pulling himself up to stand at the coffee table and his hand slipped and he smacked his face on the table leg.
It wasnt until we had had a massive hug with him sobbing away that i noticed my top was covered in blood and it was pouring out of his mouth :( however within 5mins he was fine thankfully.

Im in here way too much... :blush:

Aww bless her. Remember it would have looked like there was a lot more blood then there actually was because it mixes with the saliva.
When I was little my teeth went straight through as well, it happens so easily.
Hope she's feeling better soon xx

Aww bless her. Remember it would have looked like there was a lot more blood then there actually was because it mixes with the saliva.
When I was little my teeth went straight through as well, it happens so easily.
Hope she's feeling better soon xx

thanks :hugs: i think that was the case, it looked like it was pouring blood but as you say it was prbably mixing with her saliva, i had a right panick when i saw so much blood!

When my eldest was a baby I was forever the bad mother sometimes you just forget or think they'll be ok for a minute! I'm hoping this time round I will have less bad mother moments as I still feel guilty to this day for each of them but he doesn't remember and he still loves me I hope x

Earlier today Clara was standing against a tv table when I pushed a toy train towards her. She turned to look at it and then just let go with both hands and quickly toppled sideways and started screaming. Both dh and I jumped up to get her and we couldn't see at first what was making her cry so much (no bumps or red spots on her head). Then we noticed a dark purple bruise on her ear (up high on the cartilidge, kinda where you would get a stud pierced up high) and it's swollen and sticking out from her head funny as a result. She was fine after about 5 minutes and it doesn't seem to be bothering her at all, but I felt so horrible because I'm the one who distracted her with the toy.:cry:

first confession here! LO was in bed with us this morning rolling and crawling between us, dont know how it happened but i must of dropped back off to sleep for a few seconds but soon woke up when hear a thud and a scream, he fell off and hit his head. He cried for about a min and had a red mark which has now disappeared and he has been totallyfine, but me on the other hand cried for about half hour and still feel bad about it now i was shaking i was so scared x

Big hugs girls, heads, lips etc bleed a lot because they have so many capilaries in them, it will always look worse than it is. xxx

I cant feed chloe properly atm as had my appendix out :( so i been giving her an extra solid fed just for a few days :( and also having to feed her while she is sitting.

I cant feed chloe properly atm as had my appendix out :( so i been giving her an extra solid fed just for a few days :( and also having to feed her while she is sitting.

No need to feel guilty about that. You had surgery, and the fact that you're nursing her still is incredible. Be proud of yourself, don't feel bad.:hugs:

No need to feel guilty about that. You had surgery, and the fact that you're nursing her still is incredible. Be proud of yourself, don't feel bad.:hugs:

Thanks she's my baby i wouldnt do anything else. everyone tried to make me put her on formula while i was in hopsital ect saying its the perfect time, and saying she shouldnt be on breast for all her milk anymore. TBH at that time i just wanted them to support what i wanted to do rather than making it harder.

Thanks she's my baby i wouldnt do anything else. everyone tried to make me put her on formula while i was in hopsital ect saying its the perfect time, and saying she shouldnt be on breast for all her milk anymore. TBH at that time i just wanted them to support what i wanted to do rather than making it harder.

Glad you stuck to what you wanted and didn't let them pressure you. Hope you're healing well.

laying Elizabeth down last night (after a long screaming fit, but I swear I wasn't punishing her!) I went to lay her down and stumbled and dropped her in her bassinet on her head! :'(

I park him in his exersaucer for about an hour a day watching Yo Gabba Gabba just so I can get some uninterrupted work time in the office...

I feel kind of awful about it but it is this or I go out of the home to work and he's put in daycare...

i lent over to wipe sick off his chin and my phone fell out my pocket and hit him in the face :'( he had a little moan but i wanted to cry i felt so bad

oh ive also ignored him recently when my Husbands been home to force my Husband to pay attention to him and look after him. i feel so bad for doing it but my Husband would hardly look at him other wize and Cody really does like his daddys attention.

oh my god, i just went outside for a second and turned to go back in and the door wast locked!! quin was alone inside! my housse is babyproofed so i know he can't get into anything but i had to break the screen off a window in the basement! then crawl onto the washing machine to get inside! god that was freaky!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->