The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

Ellie130891- my daugter fell off our bed this morning. She crawls everywhere so I have no idea why I put her there. It was just for a few seconds as I turned to get something to wear. As I did this I heard that sickening thump, then screams. I called Dr straight away and all seems fine, but they said to just keep an eye on her for the next day or so.

I cried for hours, and my mum was so rude when I told her. Told me off for leaving a baby on a bed. I wasn't looking for sympathy, but a little reassurance would have been welcome. Thankfully my husband was more understanding and wasn't cross.

I feel like the worlds worst mother today and havent stoped cuddling her. I even let her nap on me, which I never do as dont want it to become a habbit.

x

Ellie130891- my daugter fell off our bed this morning. She crawls everywhere so I have no idea why I put her there. It was just for a few seconds as I turned to get something to wear. As I did this I heard that sickening thump, then screams. I called Dr straight away and all seems fine, but they said to just keep an eye on her for the next day or so.

I cried for hours, and my mum was so rude when I told her. Told me off for leaving a baby on a bed. I wasn't looking for sympathy, but a little reassurance would have been welcome. Thankfully my husband was more understanding and wasn't cross.

I feel like the worlds worst mother today and havent stoped cuddling her. I even let her nap on me, which I never do as dont want it to become a habbit.

x

Hugs to you both xx

I was in the kitchen today cleaning up after lunch and Sophie was in the living room. I heard her cough and I don't know what made me go to check her this time, she's been coughing all day cos she has a cold. She kept coughing like something was irritating her throat and then gagged a little bit. I panicked and picked her up and give her a shake and she started gagging worse. A real eye watering, slobbery gag that seemed to go on forever. I put her over my knee and whacked her back and just as I was contemplating running into the street for help she was a wee bit sick and then toddled off to play without a care in the world. So mummy picks through the sick (gross) and finds a bit of Sellotape. She must have picked it off the floor and put it in her mouth when I wasn't looking. I cried for about an hour, it was so scary.

Today, all I heard all day long was a screaming baby. I have never been so frustrated. As soon as my brother came home and started talking to him I went and locked myself in my room. I could hear him out there talking to him, trying to feed him etc. I just stayed in my room for quite awhile then finally went and got LO again.
My brother is 12 years old :nope::cry:

I confess Gabriel got up super early on Sunday morning and was just being super fussy and cranky, so I tossed some cold cereal on the floor of his room and gave him his water bottle and went back to bed. (His room is baby proofed and gated)

I feel like a mean mummy - Lily was whinging for a good half hour earlier, not crying but just moaning. So I started grumbling back at her and telling her she was annoying me. Anyway, as soon as I put her in her pram, she conked out straight away - the poor mite must have been exhausted and there was me keeping her up to moan at her.

x

Honey we've all been there and I got the same lecture from my mum. All my response was 'so you were the perfect mother then and never did it?' What was her response 'well yes,that's why I'm telling you not to!' :dohh: Thanks mum!

You're not at all, read back through my posts on here and you'll see the things Molly's been up to. :hugs:

Lo was scrambling about while I was getting ready this morning, and it all went quiet...I found him in the bathroom, he'd pulled a drawer open, found nail varnish remover and had put the top of the bottle in his mouth. (it was screwed on tight). He was sat face all screwed up, I panicked did the same myself and it tasted gross (obviously) from where I'd used it and then put the lid back on.
Made him drink loads (wasn't too pleased about that) and then made him have some milk. He's napping now, and I keep going in checking on him, I feel like the worst mother.
I feel so bad, but I can't believe how strong he's getting and so quickly. That drawer takes some opening...and he'd emptied the lot!
:dohh:

Lo was scrambling about while I was getting ready this morning, and it all went quiet...I found him in the bathroom, he'd pulled a drawer open, found nail varnish remover and had put the top of the bottle in his mouth. (it was screwed on tight). He was sat face all screwed up, I panicked did the same myself and it tasted gross (obviously) from where I'd used it and then put the lid back on.
Made him drink loads (wasn't too pleased about that) and then made him have some milk. He's napping now, and I keep going in checking on him, I feel like the worst mother.
I feel so bad, but I can't believe how strong he's getting and so quickly. That drawer takes some opening...and he'd emptied the lot!
:dohh:

Aw hun, babies can do incredible things when they're determined enough. When I was 2 years old I somehow managed to climb up a dresser and get down a bottle of rubbing alcohol, get the cap off and then drink half the bottle. You would have thought the first taste would have made me stop, but nope.:nope: I had to go to the hospital and be given stuff to make me puke and puke.

Just be careful when they eat/drink something that is poisonous, sometimes you aren't supposed to give them anything to drink (it can make things worse) and should call poison control to see what to do. Because the cap was on and all he got was a taste I'm sure he's fine.

I caught Pearette's finger in the baby bouncer harness snap today. She started to cry but i turned round to grab a toy thinking she was just protesting about being put in. :cry: luckily it was for less than 10secs, but i feel awful... It's still slightly swollen and red :((

Today I took Elizabeth grocery shopping...by myself...BAD IDEA!

She wouldn't stop screaming and I was in a hurry so I just ignored her after the third time she flung her binky at me. I let her lay there in her carseat and scream and scream while I finished shopping. Everyone kept looking at me like I was an awful mother. :( I just didn't have time to grab her and cuddle with her and calm her down, had to meet my dad in like 15 minutes...just enough time to get what I needed and get out.

x

I'm not a mum yet but i'm well aware that its going to have its ups and downs. I can only imagine how bad you must have felt, but you can't be too hard on yourself.

Shouted at LO when he wouldnt go to sleep tonight. Not in his face or anything, he was in his cot crying after the 5th time of putting him down asleep and him waking up AGAIN and I just shouted in general in the room out of sheer frustration it was like an 'arghhhh for f*** sake why wont you sleep boy' shout! Feel awful now as he did like a nervous little laugh thing then cried some more. Neighbours heard too as I put bin out earlier and they commented on him crying, i said yeah little monkey and they replied, well thats polite compared to the profanity you used about him earlier. GUILT GUILT GUILT! Wish i could take it back :(

Shouted at LO when he wouldnt go to sleep tonight. Not in his face or anything, he was in his cot crying after the 5th time of putting him down asleep and him waking up AGAIN and I just shouted in general in the room out of sheer frustration it was like an 'arghhhh for f*** sake why wont you sleep boy' shout! Feel awful now as he did like a nervous little laugh thing then cried some more. Neighbours heard too as I put bin out earlier and they commented on him crying, i said yeah little monkey and they replied, well thats polite compared to the profanity you used about him earlier. GUILT GUILT GUILT! Wish i could take it back :(

Jeez-oh! I hope your neighbours said that with a smile. I always wondered when I would ever learn that shouting made it worse! I've yelled some terrible things in the past two years.:blush:

LO was insisting on sitting on the floor earlier, he can sit unaided but topples quite easily though most of the time he topples forward a bit and steadies himself with his hands, anyway just to be on the safe side I was keeping one hand hovering next to him; but he still managed to fall the other way and smacked his forehead on the bottom edge of this little coffee table/shelving unit on castors thankfully though it looked awful at first; he just has a faint greyish bruise line there now and is his usual cheery self xx

aww ladies don't beat yourself up:nope: these things happen:shrug: life happens!! if i could count the things iv'e said:haha: x

I felt awful ealier chloe was sat up on the sofa and i turned my back for 1 second to pick up her coat and she fell off trying to grab the babywipe packet whcih was also on the sofa. I felt alwful i wouldn't normally leave her on the sodfa but i was right next to her normally i would put her on the floor the one time i dont she falls off :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I felt awful ealier chloe was sat up on the sofa and i turned my back for 1 second to pick up her coat and she fell off trying to grab the babywipe packet whcih was also on the sofa. I felt alwful i wouldn't normally leave her on the sodfa but i was right next to her normally i would put her on the floor the one time i dont she falls off :cry::cry::cry::cry:

aww don't worry hun; my second youngest managed to fall off a bed at just 2 months as he suddenly developed the skill of rolling over and over and over and went straight onto the floor xx

I confess Gabriel got up super early on Sunday morning and was just being super fussy and cranky, so I tossed some cold cereal on the floor of his room and gave him his water bottle and went back to bed. (His room is baby proofed and gated)

Love it!! x

I hope they where joking! dont feel bad I'v done it too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->