The Bad Mothers (Guilt Free) Confessional Thread

oh my god, i just went outside for a second and turned to go back in and the door wast locked!! quin was alone inside! my housse is babyproofed so i know he can't get into anything but i had to break the screen off a window in the basement! then crawl onto the washing machine to get inside! god that was freaky!!

That must have been so scary :( Glad you were able to get back in and all was OK!

Today I am feeling guilty because I feel like I just want her to be asleep all the time. It's so hard when she's awake - I can't get anything done and I still don't know what she wants and how to make her happy. It feels like she's either attached to my boob or crying when she's awake and we never have any happy time together. Waiting for that first smile to know that I'm getting it right is really getting me down.

I must admit I've had a night where I just wished he would sleep.. hes colicky so has a bad belly most of the time..HV says I just have to go with it and e should grow out of it by three months (2 months to go then).. my little man is always attached never seems to settle any other way.. I just want my arms back.. my badmothers confession was from last night when the tv remote slipped from my spare hand and clonked him on the head i felt so bad he didnt even seem to notice

I feel awful since she turnt 1 3 weeks ago she's caught a hanger in her mouth had to go a&e then banged her head on a wooden step day after keeps falling & banging head thwn today whilst she's been sleep I dropped mobile in her head not from great height but sounded hard but its not a heavy phone but i still fell awful she barely woke up wen it happened bad mummy :(

oh my god, i just went outside for a second and turned to go back in and the door wast locked!! quin was alone inside! my housse is babyproofed so i know he can't get into anything but i had to break the screen off a window in the basement! then crawl onto the washing machine to get inside! god that was freaky!!

That must have been so scary :( Glad you were able to get back in and all was OK!

Today I am feeling guilty because I feel like I just want her to be asleep all the time. It's so hard when she's awake - I can't get anything done and I still don't know what she wants and how to make her happy. It feels like she's either attached to my boob or crying when she's awake and we never have any happy time together. Waiting for that first smile to know that I'm getting it right is really getting me down.

It'll happen hun, it happens just at the point when you want to give up and then it'll feel like something's lifted. Hang in there, it's only around the corner :hugs:

Sigh, another finger nail accident. I had a hold of his arms while he practiced standing and he fell awkwardly and sliced his cheek on my nail and it was pretty deep. You think I'd learn from the first time this happened, to keep my nails short. :dohh:
IN FACT I just went a got a manicure. WHAT WAS I THINKING :dohh:

^^ big hugs, I constantly scratch Molly with my engagement ring as it's quite pointy and sharp on 2 edges.

Well today wasn't awful but I felt bad.. I poked Molly straight in the eye with her yoghurt spoon :dohh: How I don't know as I was watching myself and her the whole time. She didn't look impressed...

rubys been driving me mad lately

none stop crying from 7am till 7pm with frustration that she cant crawl and teething

today i yelled at her and she went purple from screaming so much

i feel so bad i felt like slapping myself afterwards i upset my own baby my beautiful baby girl and i yelled at her and made her scream and now any time shes near me shes crying.....i give her to her dad and shes quiet.....ive made her upset with me and its killing me

oh ive also ignored him recently when my Husbands been home to force my Husband to pay attention to him and look after him. i feel so bad for doing it but my Husband would hardly look at him other wize and Cody really does like his daddys attention.

I've done the same thing, I deliberately make myself busy when LO starts stirring. OH just needs more confidence with LO as she adores him, but he works a lot of hours so isn't too confident.

Emily pulled the ironing board down onto herself earlier :( luckily there was a crete in the way so it didnt fall on her completely but it bumped her on the head, i feel so awful i should have put it back where it came from :( she was ok after a quick cuddle though!

I haven't been in here before but feeling a bit guilty this morning! My lo has decided that 6am is a good time to wake up-It really isn't :nope:
Anyway this morning when he started to stir I leaned over into his moses basket and covered his face with a muslin cloth :blush: It worked cos he then didn't wake til 7.15am :happydance:

We were at the beach yesterday and lo was crying and grumbling so oh decided to give him a chip.It was too hot inside and he started screaming he had burnt his mouth!I gave him a booby and he soon calmed down but I made oh feel guilty about it all day haha

MIL asked to see my DS's baby book.... He's two now and by right I should have it pretty full ....

Its not such much a book as a few rolls of undeveloped film and my old memory stick that i filled up and stopped using... oh and the newspaper from the day he was born but spilled milk on that :wacko:

And now I cant remember when stuff happened lik first word, first step, first ice cream!!:shrug:

I just hope he doesn't ask about it in a few years.... that'll be an awkward situation :dohh:

xxxxx

Clara spit up during reading group this morning at the library and we had to go out of the room to the stroller to get some wipes and I sat her on the table next to the stroller while I opened the package. Clara decided to lean back and fell off the table against the stroller where I caught her (she didn't make it all the way to the floor thankfully). She only cried for a couple seconds out of fright I think (she didn't bang herself really before I caught her). I felt horrible.

Well it's not even 9am and madam has so far head butted the ground whilst crawling and now smacked straight in to the door frame because I was chasing her. She has a massive bruise on her head already... bad mummy!

im crying typing this

this morning my baby fell off the bed and banged her head

shes been crawling this week but only backwards and this morning she was lying on her back on the bed having her nappy changed and she somehow got onto her tum and crawled off!!!!!!! she flopped all funny and got a huge mark on her head

im such a bad mum id just opened the sudacream i was right next to her just not quick enough to catch her :(

Ellie hun your not a bad mum, its an accident all baby's will do something like that at some point. I once lay chloe on the bed when she wasnt even crawling or sitting up and she somehow managed to fall off and get stuck between the bed and the bedside cabinet.

Ellie, search in this forum for my posts, you'll see how Molly got a bump on her head and there was a 'crack'. It's sooooooo common, so so common! Don't beat yourself up, as long as LO stays lucid, they'll be ok.

For head injuries look out for the following signs which is when you need to take them to be checked out:

- Loss of consciousness
- Unable to rouse from sleep
- Vomiting more than once
- Discharge from ears
- Dilation of pupils
- Change of normal behaviour

They are very resillient, believe all of us other mums ;) Big hugs, it won't be the last time I'm sure xxx

Oh and for you, take a deep breath and have a cup of tea :)

Isabelle has fallen off the sofa twice now, the first time I turned my back to pick up her nappy bag and she was on the floor. The second time was a few days ago when she was sat next to me..............I didnt notice because she was wrapped in a blanket at the time so didn't make a thud. I thought she was crying because it was feeding time and it wasn't until my o/h walked in and asked why she was on the floor that I realised.

Boy oh boy did I feel like a terrible parent :(

ty guys :) she was fine scraped her nose and bump on the head. feeling t tad better poor thing has thread worms atm so barely eating and all moany

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->